XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Maquettes were from the movie and 1/5th scale and the Com did have a throne,, but that was also because it was based on a certain GR storyline. I think at this point, Bowen did a Bike, XM did a bike, if SSC doesn't do a Bike it's a complete fail.

A SS Ghost Rider would give people another chance to get a statue of him if they couldn't get ahold of the XM one (which unfortunately a lot of people won't), but I can't see how SS would be able to pull off anything close to what XM is doing with him. They don't seem to have the imagination for killer statues anymore. Plus, I'd be nervous about what the end SS product would be with something like this nowadays.

won't spend the money and pass but some not true fans like myself will buy one only because I like the way he looks. But I'm starting to like him more now. He's a must have imo no matter if you're a true fan or not. That's how good XM made this. Hope he's going to be true 1/4 size.

Looking really good. Like the chain, wonder what it'll be made of though.

If SSC tried this it would be $1k + for sure. RWOS at the time was almost a grand once shipped.

won't spend the money and pass but some not true fans like myself will buy one only because I like the way he looks. But I'm starting to like him more now. He's a must have imo no matter if you're a true fan or not. That's how good XM made this. Hope he's going to be true 1/4 size.

I thought you said in the other forums you bought one?

A SS Ghost Rider would give people another chance to get a statue of him if they couldn't get ahold of the XM one (which unfortunately a lot of people won't), but I can't see how SS would be able to pull off anything close to what XM is doing with him. They don't seem to have the imagination for killer statues anymore. Plus, I'd be nervous about what the end SS product would be with something like this nowadays.

:goodpost:

Considering I still find SSC's sculpts better than XMs, yes I think they could pull the sculpt off. Can they get to everyone perfect with no paint flaws....mmmmm that's a hurdle more than likely since while quite a few pieces come out great not everyone seems to get it like that.

I'd love to see what SS comes up with if they give it a shot. If it was like recent hits Lobo or Batgirl then the QC would be killer.

I'd love to see what SS comes up with if they give it a shot. If it was like recent hits Lobo or Batgirl then the QC would be killer.

While at it, also make Magneto... for all those that missed out on XM Magneto.

Yes SS can make a killer Venom, Magneto, etc.. But the creativity is not on the same level or the wiliness to put take the extra steps to create unique parts into their statues to make them even better. The ex are now really not exciting in most cases anymore, and then the qc is another major issue with many of the new statues. They Just need to step it up on qc and creativity with less worrying about cutting cost and worry more about making the best statues like when they were starting out years ago.

I thought you said in the other forums you bought one?

Yes I did po one. I was saying some people may not want to pay that much for GR and pass. Not me, I need this one :lol

Well - in defence of Sideshow (fair dues) - they hire some awesome sculptors. Most of the stuff they produce is VERY well sculpted.

It's their production & QC that lets them down - almost EVERY time.

I definitely prefer Sideshow sculpts over those produced by XM so far (but this one is awesome!)

I would argue that XM's body sculpts are on par with SS, but SS faces and hair sculpts are much better then XM's at the moment.... Few exceptions like Magneto and Ghost Rider....

Buy yeah SS drops the ball when the statues goes to the factory for painting, that's where a awesome sculpt ends up looking bad because of a bad paint app.

So awesome QC or awesome sculpt? I'd go with sculpt since we are buying statues here and not sensitive equipment. Think of it this way. If they somehow nicked or scratched Michelangelo's David does it make it any less a masterpiece? Is it the base that makes it a masterpiece? I think not. It is the sculpt. For me sculpt will always determine which one is better.

Well - in defence of Sideshow (fair dues) - they hire some awesome sculptors. Most of the stuff they produce is VERY well sculpted.

It's their production & QC that lets them down - almost EVERY time.

I definitely prefer Sideshow sculpts over those produced by XM so far (but this one is awesome!)

They do have awesome sculpts I agree my favorite is ww. But they can do a great scuplt they just need more imagination and the willingness to go to the next level like XM. SS will never give us extras like the phoneix wings, mags base, venoms many extra parts, the massive gr bike... Etc. sure SS can make all these great just as good but the ones they make is missing so many extras that XM gives us. The new red sonja is a good start saying they don't cut off the snake on the release of the product.

XM able to deliver on great paint apps (across the board) is what really separates them from SSC (for whatever reason that may be). Sculpt-wise they're no better or worse than Sideshow.

I just hope this isnt their first major failure since it'll be one of the most complicated paint apps yet.

Well this one I think is definitely an awesome sculpt. I think XM always delivers in terms of QC or painting so no worries there.

Back