XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's up to me I would say same as widow 500 is fair enough. Look at widow she's still going for good low prices at 500 ES.

I don't think you know what 'good low price' means. That usually indicates far less than retail, which is not the case for XM BW. :lol

Well let's see if the ghost rider fans r gonna come throw money at this or it will be mostly flippers. Without a doubt he will be the ultimate ghost rider

Flipper gonna be flipping. A wet dream for flippers. Flipper price seen at fb groups

I know XM is a flipper's wet dream, but I don't see any true Ghost Rider fan flipping this piece. It's not going to get any better than this. I can honestly say this is the one Ghost Rider statue I've been waiting for my whole life.

It's no different than any other XM with the same ES and sold in the same places. XM hype this up like crazy saying it was only a show exclusive when it was for sale at all the same places. XM should have just brought all 999 there to save people headaches and missing out after waiting in line. Remember it's suppose to be a show exclusive? Bringing 25% there after advertising it as being the only way to get him made getting him at the show near impossible. They needed to bring at least 75% there not the tiny 25%. :lol

It's no different than any other XM with the same ES and sold in the same places. XM hype this up like crazy saying it was only a show exclusive when it was for sale at all the same places. XM should have just brought all 999 there to save people headaches and missing out after waiting in line. Remember it's suppose to be a show exclusive? Bringing 25% there after advertising it as being the only way to get him made getting him at the show near impossible. They needed to bring at least 75% there not the tiny 25%. :lol

It worked. People goin nuts for GR

If I have only 1 GR, I am not going to flip it or sell it.
Its a keeper.
Well having said that, not only for GR, but most of the other XM's Statues....
subject to space constraint

Anything collectible + limited = flippers wet dream. If this is news to you then you've been living under a rock.

I initially thought that GR was gonna be a STGCC XM exclusive as well. But it seems that I got it wrong.

It's an XM exclusive, as stated on their website. Not STGCC exclusive. Big difference there

So they did nothing wrong by only releasing 250 of these for pre orders.

Being XM exclusive means they have complete control over how they want to sell this item.
So they decided that only 250 would go to STGCC and the rest will be on their terms, not for other retailers to sell. Fair enough

I can't wait for when all the 999 pieces are out and see all the flippers well flip?? I can assure you a lot of the guys falling in line for this didn't even know what it was they were getting. Haha.

Flippers don't always win if things break in transit then it will be consider a loss. Or prices can fall as well no guarantees it's going to sky rocket. That's the risk of the side. Flipping these things are small change to help get new pieces or pay and cut down the triple prices on a old piece. I still don't get why some are so angry over what others do with statues. I do sense some jealousy as well. Obviously if the flippers took the extra step to paid people to obtain these, stay in line for a week, lost of sleep, stayed online all day to get these then good for them. If some one missed out then they need to step up thier game to beat the flippers. Then just pay up if you want them. People flip house, cars, antiques, toys, etc. I wouldn't mind flippers heck we all do it as well. If I had a doom or XM mags. I sure wouldn't sell him for retail. Would anyone here sell your mags for retail? I sometimes thank flippers for giving me a chance to get something I missed out on big time. All my older XM has come from flippers maxing out the going prices. It's jsut part of every hobby. :wave comicbook guy may not know comics but he knows this stuff :D

Other then Magneto, I don't really see flippers making a lot of money on these statues.... Several of them like Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc.. are selling for below $1000 on Ebay new... Even Wolverine is around $1200... By the time you ship them over seas flippers are not making much... I think Magneto was a special case with never being done in 1/4 scale and a unique take on a character sitting on a throne, using a sentinel hand is genius on XM's part.. so I would say the majority of XM's stuff will hang around the $1000-$1200 mark with an occasional exception...

I think Ghost Rider might have a chance to hit the $2500-$3000 range but you never know..

Other then Magneto, I don't really see flippers making a lot of money on these statues.... Several of them like Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc.. are selling for below $1000 on Ebay new... Even Wolverine is around $1200... By the time you ship them over seas flippers are not making much... I think Magneto was a special case with never being done in 1/4 scale and a unique take on a character sitting on a throne, using a sentinel hand is genius on XM's part.. so I would say the majority of XM's stuff will hang around the $1000-$1200 mark with an occasional exception...

I think Ghost Rider might have a chance to hit the $2500-$3000 range but you never know..

:goodpost:

Damn ghost rider for $2500 - $3000. Dollar sign for all flipping. Yahoooo! Lol

Hey, it's not all bad. That way you'd know how to differentiate smart flippers from stupid ones :lol

What I can say about this is, shipping from Singapore to anywhere in the world, is not cheap. So you get all these insane shipping prices, but really there's nothing we (I say this as someone from SG) can do about it. I disagree though, I've collected Sideshow before and I've seen the XM statues at STGCC, and there's definitely a distinct difference in quality, you can really see why even the folks from USA are clamoring to own a statue from XM. I think what's more important here is the licensing issue, I for one don't really know why this hasn't been opened to folks living in the US yet, but as I've said before, this is the only factor that drives these prices up. The demand coming from Asia is nothing compared to that in USA, and this is a globalized, international society we live in here. Flippers are really just taking advantage of that and using it to their own benefit. It might sound wrong to collectors, but this applies to anyone and anything in the business world. If there's money to be made, you grasp that opportunity and you wring it dry, then wring it some more. Sad but true.

Back