XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was absolutely blown away when I received my XM Wolverine. It is rare to get a statue with this kind of quality. I own two XM pieces now. Hulk and Wolverine. I have Thanos, Pheonix and Blackbolt on PO.

Definitely in for more. I am sold. Barely have anything on PO with SSC anymore.

So I spent yesterday just taking in Wolverine and I am as blown away as when I first opened him! Everything from the packaging, the detailed sculpt, the chromed metal claws, to the damaged Sentinel base screams high quality. It feels solid and heavy, exactly what one would expect from a quality piece. The paint apps are clean and crisp, with no wonky overspray or crooked linework. The base is heavy and impressive with the light up eyes really adding a different dimension to the piece. Just don't forget to switch them off! I think the clean claws and the unmasked feral portrait is my ideal display of choice. He just looks absolutely savage! XM captured how I think Wolverine should look for the most part.

I will say that the teeth and the painted arm hair do drop the statue down a hair from Magneto and SS Superman's tier in terms of the little details at least for me. But they are only really noticeable if you are within kissing distance of the statue. I think the SS Wolverine PF did a better job with the mouth and the sculpted hair. With all that said, I still think this might be the best overall Wolverine statue as a whole package on the market right now. It really is that impressive!

Congrats to everyone who were able to pick this piece up. Props to Simply Toys for the quick shipping and CS as well.

DSC_3213_zpslzo0yxto.jpg

DSC_3244_zpsp8ybmjnk.jpg

DSC_3249_zpsfspmfz0c.jpg

DSC_3256_zpsqnrqtiax.jpg

DSC_3322_zps5mzuzixj.jpg

DSC_3328_zpssatkpnf2.jpg

DSC_3331_zpsahodwjqq.jpg

DSC_3343_zpszttfkqla.jpg

DSC_3460_zpsod9qnkxx.jpg

DSC_3348_zpso96jt3na.jpg

Great pics! This is by far the best overall Wolverine statue I've seen. Even the little nitpicks I have don't detract from the awesomeness.

Great pics! This is by far the best overall Wolverine statue I've seen. Even the little nitpicks I have don't detract from the awesomeness.

Thanks guys and congrats as well GZL! And to think that I was really iffy about XM and about trying to obtain this piece when this was up for pre-order. I caved in because of all the hype and buzz that the posters in this thread were causing during PO day! :lol But I'm very, very glad I took that leap of faith that alot of people had in this piece and in XM in general. Because of that, I have a kickass piece of one of my favourite Marvel characters in my humble collection to enjoy!

Here is my video review. I tried to be unbiased as I could and I did try to highlight a few small nitpicks that I have with this piece.

Who makes that archangel and jugg?

Jugg is Halimaw. I canceled my PO with Secret Compass. A month ago I paid in full and was told it will be here end of the week. Yesterday I was told July. Screw this I'm taking my business somewhere else. Well, I'm looking for XM Wolverine. If someone want to sell, PM me your offer.

I agree. But the video game custom is also very, very impressive. But I think that this one from XM will be it for me. Unless the upcoming one from SSC will surprise me.

1506827_1119769888040394_2522834939484041105_n.jpg

I really really don't like that sculpt. Paint is bloody awesome. Faces are good, I dig the Clint Eastwood unmasked head. But the anatomy, I can't stand ALL those muscles popping out everywhere. Even for a comic character it's just too much. And another thing I don't like is a completely non textured suit.

I really really don't like that sculpt. Paint is bloody awesome. Faces are good, I dig the Clint Eastwood unmasked head. But the anatomy, I can't stand ALL those muscles popping out everywhere. Even for a comic character it's just too much. And another thing I don't like is a completely non textured suit.

I agree with you. I think what it making me lured in is the Sosa-appeal and of course the amazing paint work of this particular one. But other than that, not a fan of the origin of this design. So for me, XM still has the best one available for a true Wolverine representation. This one would do a good companion piece, though.

I agree. But the video game custom is also very, very impressive. But I think that this one from XM will be it for me. Unless the upcoming one from SSC will surprise me.

View attachment 191777

That's a nice statue, though it is a little weird that they'd put all the details into the shoulderpads but then make the rest of the costume smooth and pristine. Great HS too.

Cool statue but not keen on the hyper musculature style, looks especially odd in the upper legs. Paint looks top notch and the portrait is fantastic.

I don't believe I've ever seen even the most roided up bodybuilders with legs like that. It's defn too much

Back