XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll be able to attract another good lead art director. Erick certainly added a good touch to XM, but Bryan, Ben and Seng have great taste and a distinct vision. Losing Erik is significant, but not something I see as too threatening to XM moving forward.

If this happens over and over after a few months, where they hire and lose ADs then you have a problem. But it is not that yet.

XM has plenty of great artists in their fold. Erick is probably better off doing his own thing.

They'll be able to attract another good lead art director. Erick certainly added a good touch to XM, but Bryan, Ben and Seng have great taste and a distinct vision. Losing Erik is significant, but not something I see as too threatening to XM moving forward.

If this happens over and over after a few months, where they hire and lose ADs then you have a problem. But it is not that yet.

Losing one top notch artist who did work for you is one thing.... Losing two :thud:

But he wasn't art director. He was just a guy that did a sculpt. A sculpt no one liked and they had to have someone else revise. That's a very different scenario regardless of what went on behind the scenes with Tony and Erik.

But he wasn't art director. He was just a guy that did a sculpt. A sculpt no one liked and they had to have someone else revise. That's a very different scenario regardless of what went on behind the scenes with Tony and Erik.

Erick is a very well respected guy in the community, and not just as an artist, but as a truly great guy. He is also, to use a Vegas term, a "whale" of a talent, and there aren't that many big talent/big names whales out there that bring that kind of recognition, talent, and credibility to the table, and you can bet the others out there who could step up and do the job will talk to him before they take it. In the end for me it is just a very unfortunate situation with a mentor of mine on one side and a company who's work I love on the other.

Last edited:
It's done, he gone get over it and move on. XM will be fine. Good luck to Erick. Now can we get back to Wolverine? :lol

It's done, he gone get over it and move on. XM will be fine. Good luck to Erick. Now can we get back to Wolverine? :lol

I agree. Comments without knowing the facts will just lead to speculation. Official statements from both sides are all available to the public already and both are very professional. The impact to both sides no one can tell now, but I am sure Erick and XM will still continue to be successfull doing their own thing.

Now back to regular programming, I just got my XM Wolverine! :) My first XM after passing the chance to own CA and Magneto :(.

He's in the box for now until I get my display cabinet fixed. But to me, this is the definitive Wolverine and the one I will keep in my 1/4 collection.

It's gonna be a good week. I got XM Magneto and Wolverine coming on Wednesday. For the time being, I got this guy today. Such an amazing statue.

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

Last edited:
I agree. Comments without knowing the facts will just lead to speculation. Official statements from both sides are all available to the public already and both are very professional. The impact to both sides no one can tell now, but I am sure Erick and XM will still continue to be successfull doing their own thing.

Now back to regular programming, I just got my XM Wolverine! :) My first XM after passing the chance to own CA and Magneto :(.

He's in the box for now until I get my display cabinet fixed. But to me, this is the definitive Wolverine and the one I will keep in my 1/4 collection.

Trace is correct this post is for Wolvie not for some XM behind the screen story. Anyway congrats Trace :clap for getting the piece, as I still waiting for mine :impatient:

Trace is correct this post is for Wolvie not for some XM behind the screen story. Anyway congrats Trace :clap for getting the piece, as I still waiting for mine :impatient:

Patience, it will all be worth it. I check every are on my statue and I cannot find any issue on the paints, sculpt, defects...it's flawless!!!! The monotooth don't bother me at all, and I do not treat the unmasked calm head as a negative since I will not use it anyway. It's been a while that I have no issue with a statue :)

I'd like that resinworx a lot more if it wasn't for the torn up outfit. I don't see the appeal with going with that design but to each their own.

People must love it though. Goes for a fortune on the aftermarket. :panic:

I'd like that resinworx a lot more if it wasn't for the torn up outfit. I don't see the appeal with going with that design but to each their own.

Yeah, for me it's essential to have the torn outfit to go with the base. I wouldn't want it any other way. This statue is so nice I'm not sure XM can live up to it. Will see once I have it in hand.

Back