XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will not go up in value as much as people think because there's so many other wolverines out there, and more to come in 1/4 scale it's ridiculous.

really? well there aren't that many so far...at least in a large quantity like SSC PF or this XM piece. But I do agree it won't go up crazy in value.

He won't get a Hulk PF for it either

While I think it's not worth what original Hulk PF or a Medusa, if it comes out at the quality they have shown so far, I could easily see someone trading a Hulk PF for it...there are way more Hulks in 1/4 scale than Wolverine and this one is the best by far to date.

There's no telling what you can trade for it. It's a very limited, exceptionally crafted statue of a very highly sought after character. Odds are good he'll be able to trade it for a collectible in the same price range, and there's always a chance for better. He's better off keeping 2 of these than trading for a Hulk PF though.

Yeah I feel like $1300 is a pretty damn good price. It almost would pay for the one I keep entirely. I would just be mad if it comes out and people are immediately paying $2k and such, but that seems to be pretty rare and I'm not sure anyone is actually paying that much for Magneto either.

There's no telling what you can trade for it. It's a very limited, exceptionally crafted statue of a very highly sought after character. Odds are good he'll be able to trade it for a collectible in the same price range, and there's always a chance for better. He's better off keeping 2 of these than trading for a Hulk PF though.
Exactly. Other factor is if XM keeps knocking it out of the park that will put downward price pressure on the old grails. I can see their value falling already.

Exactly. Other factor is if XM keeps knocking it out of the park that will put downward price pressure on the old grails. I can see their value falling already.

Very true. Dont see the need to buy Hulk Pf as theres so many more new, upcoming Hulks to choose from. You can get all 3 Hulk color for 1 old Hulk pf.

Yep, I had to unfortunately sell of my old Grail PF's due to unforseen reasons but all is good now but at the time I was gutted, I nearly quit this hobby all together but now with XM coming along I've got that buzz back again, bigger than ever.

I know it doesn't matter to most people but I love a low ES and even though there's panic and there's that chance you may miss out, I actually love that part of the hobby. It was such a great feeling locking in Phoenix recently for example, I feel like I'm getting something special. Something I've not felt with SS in ages

I think I've gone completely of subject :D

Yep, I had to unfortunately sell of my old Grail PF's due to unforseen reasons but all is good now but at the time I was gutted, I nearly quit this hobby all together but now with XM coming along I've got that buzz back again, bigger than ever.

I know it doesn't matter to most people but I love a low ES and even though there's panic and there's that chance you may miss out, I actually love that part of the hobby. It was such a great feeling locking in Phoenix recently for example, I feel like I'm getting something special. Something I've not felt with SS in ages

:lecture:goodpost:

I'm with you. The rush is nice. I have still been very stubborn about anything with a high ES from SS. XM is a unique opportunity because they are producing beautiful 1/4 items in limited editions and to me that has always been the appeal of this hobby from the very beginning. It needs to be fun

As nice of the sculpt, if the ES is huge and you can always pick it up anytime you want... There is no urgency in placing PO for the statue. :)

As nice of the sculpt, if the ES is huge and you can always pick it up anytime you want... There is no urgency in placing PO for the statue. :)
Yeah it's like the Batman PF. My favourite character, great statue (once you fix them pits :D) but because there's so many of him made he doesn't feel like I've got something special at all. I've seen a few guys on FB selling him at a loss. Now how long ago did that statue go up for PO? This is Batman were talking about here, this should be a hard to find sought after piece by now but it's the complete opposite.

Last edited:
Yeah it's like the Batman PF. My favourite character, great statue (once you fix them pits :D) but because there's so many of him made he doesn't feel like I've got something special at all. I've seen a few guys on FB selling him at a loss. Now how long ago did that statue go up for PO? This is Batman were talking about here, this should be a hard to find sought after piece by now but it's the complete opposite.

Hey, you forgot the over suntan Batman face too :lol... With 7.500 of Reg of this guy, everyone will sell at loss. Locally, I'm trying to sell off my Poison IVy exc $150 below what I paid for, and no1 is interested.

In time he might just get two ink. Haven't you noticed? The marvel SS threads aren't so popular now a days. Keep hating on everything XM. Even as they continue to Poop all over your precious SSC in every way imaginable

You could do sone good by policing the thread below though. SS really could use some help with the man of plastic

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...w-superman-steel-premium-format-new-post.html

Have to agree. Long gone are the grails, these arent' comic books where the old 1st edition price will remain steady. MOS is just horrendous.

It WAS sought after...it's just that now everyone has one.

Hey, you forgot the over suntan Batman face too :lol... With 7.500 of Reg of this guy, everyone will sell at loss. Locally, I'm trying to sell off my Poison IVy exc $150 below what I paid for, and no1 is interested.

Yep, having problems selling Comic Black Widow PF EX also, I'm $70 under retail and still no buyers on these forums or ebay.... the market is just too flooded with them and everyone who wanted want one already got one..... My advice, don't buy anything SS unless you know 100% your going to keep it for the long haul, otherwise your going to lose money... Some exceptions but with all the new SS stuff and high ES it's a buyers market now..

Back