XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised at the way the aftermarket prices have gone down on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've seen on Ebay it seems very few statues are going up in prices, sure you have XM's Magneto and SS Doom on a throne, but for the most part statues are staying around their retail price... Just to many options and glut on the after market.... As for XM Wolverine, retail + shipping should of ran anyone in USA around $700, so people trying to sell them for $1200+ are just being greedy and I think people have caught on.... Now Flippers are having to drop their prices....

IMO a fair price for any of the XM statues in the USA is between $700-$900 anything more and your getting taken...

When XM first came out I had to buy through 3rd parties so I was paying around $1000-$1400 for their statues (which included shipping), but since then I've got a direct contact to Singapore and I'm able to get them for retail with more reasonable shipping... My costs now are like $650-$800 shipped (depending on size of statue)...

From what I've seen on Ebay it seems very few statues are going up in prices, sure you have XM's Magneto and SS Doom on a throne, but for the most part statues are staying around their retail price... Just to many options and glut on the after market.... As for XM Wolverine, retail + shipping should of ran anyone in USA around $700, so people trying to sell them for $1200+ are just being greedy and I think people have caught on.... Now Flippers are having to drop their prices....

IMO a fair price for any of the XM statues in the USA is between $700-$900 anything more and your getting taken...

When XM first came out I had to buy through 3rd parties so I was paying around $1000-$1400 for their statues (which included shipping), but since then I've got a direct contact to Singapore and I'm able to get them for retail with more reasonable shipping... My costs now are like $650-$800 shipped (depending on size of statue)...

I noticed a stagnant market as well. I think its a combination of XM's high prices and the new flood of statues enter the market from various companies. We have basically been shown that characters will be redone over time and they will usually be done better. Just not worth dropping big money for an old piece anymore. To much competition for my dollars these days

I noticed a stagnant market as well. I think its a combination of XM's high prices and the new flood of statues enter the market from various companies. We have basically been shown that characters will be redone over time and they will usually be done better. Just not worth dropping big money for an old piece anymore. To much competition for my dollars these days

I love the 2 XM pieces I got but am glad they aren't making any must have pieces for me. Prime 1 has caught me eye...

Those prices aren't fair; they are amazing. Whomever you're buying from is selling below retail and charging almost nothing for shipping to get those prices. I wish I knew someone like that. I'm paying slightly over retail, with decent shipping plus PayPal fees is still hundreds of dollars more than that.

Those prices aren't fair; they are amazing. Whomever you're buying from is selling below retail and charging almost nothing for shipping to get those prices. I wish I knew someone like that. I'm paying slightly over retail, with decent shipping plus PayPal fees is still hundreds of dollars more than that.

Not Really take Mysterio for example ($USD), Retail was $562 + $70 (for his troubles) + $190 for shipping (estimated), so I got him for $820 shipped. Shipping has been running between $180-$240 for most XM statues..

I got Ms. Marvel for $410 + $70 + $180 shipping.. So $660 shipped..

As for paypal I just gift him the payment, saves me the 4%...

Not Really take Mysterio for example ($USD), Retail was $562 + $70 (for his troubles) + $190 for shipping (estimated), so I got him for $820 shipped. Shipping has been running between $180-$240 for most XM statues..

Well, the prices you quoted are way below the exchange rate and don't include tax, which I think is 7% in Singapore, so you're getting a great deal.

It was way hyperinflated to
Begin with.

Well it was super hyped so much when it first came out, but then literally at the same time 2 amazing customs came out that IMHO surpassed it, and then a few things happened. Right about the time this was shipping the Marvel crack down began to happen and all legitimate retailers who were shipping out of XM's designated area were forced to cancel all of their orders, and guys were forced to wait months to get their money back and turn to third party guys who they may barely know. Combine that with the XMen embargo on XM and the Phoenix portrait issues and that was a large cold bucket of water thrown on the hype fire all at once. Then guys started to complain about the XM pieces they had bought. Nothing major mind you: a few sloppy paint lines here and there, a complaint about a preceived bland portrait, a lack of presence for some, and some just a cooling down of their love of a piece, and that included eve Magneto. Just a little bit more to cool the hype. Then the recast started to show up, and if guys weren't nervious enough about dealing with people in XMs base area which is the main hub for recasters worldwide, now the proof was out there that XMs Grail, Magneto, was being recast, and now people are even more warey and nervious. All those things helped to dull interest in XM. Throw in the rise and ease of getting a Prime 1 piece, an uptick it SSCs designs and Proto to production conversions and QC, and a struggling global economy and all of a sudden a lot of people are thinking twice before paying over blown aftermarket prices.

If they had been able to release Cable and the Sentinel dio they could have keep the momentum going. Their next major hit will be Ghost Rider IMO. After the shipping crackdown many just looked elsewhere.

If they had been able to release Cable and the Sentinel dio they could have keep the momentum going. Their next major hit will be Ghost Rider IMO. After the shipping crackdown many just looked elsewhere.

I think the shipping crackdown and the uncertainty of trying to get an XM piece were huge factors, BUT then again I did forget to say I don't think they are suffering that much in their home territories... Lol

Plus the shipping prices here are insane, you're really lucky to get away with just $180 on shipping. It definitely costs more as far as I know, and I've been working with the Singapore postage rates for the longest time ever.

Well, the prices you quoted are way below the exchange rate and don't include tax, which I think is 7% in Singapore, so you're getting a great deal.

Yah, those prices can't be right my friend.

Mysterio is $890.00 SGD Retail right on there site. That today is $686.66 USD.

If you get the prestige member price, which is 801sgd, then that equates to about 560.

And 890sgd is 620 not 680. The sgd is about 70 cents on the dollar. Tack on another 3% for the conversion fee or mark up from paypal/your bank.

Yah, those prices can't be right my friend.

Mysterio is $890.00 SGD Retail right on there site. That today is $686.66 USD.

I was just going off my paypal receipts for what I paid... I know he shipped Phoenix at the same time as Ms. Marvel so he might of got a multiple package discount ((( shrug ))).... I honestly never questioned the prices so I'm not sure how he gets his prices.

I was just going off my paypal receipts for what I paid... I know he shipped Phoenix at the same time as Ms. Marvel so he might of got a multiple package discount ((( shrug ))).... I honestly never questioned the prices so I'm not sure how he gets his prices.

I wouldn't question too much. Just be glad. I was just questioning your statement of people "being taken" and pointing out that people shouldn't expect to be getting these statues for what you are. I always take the SGD retail price and pretend it is USD. If I can get it for right around that price, it's a good deal to me. So, Mysterio for around $900-1000 shipped would be good.

The last 5-6 Xm wolverines on eBay all sold above retail and above what I paid. They aren't inflated but still very easily more than retail. Besides, most of their sales are local and they still sell out fast. XM is going to be fine.

Back