XM Studios 1/4 Classic Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ask you if you can explain your opinion, because i can´t understand what feels wrong with it.

Why you deleted just a question from me? Don´t do it again, i take a screenshot. :wave

Good luck with that...it's too angular, if it's supposed to be the classic version, then it needs to be like those 2 smaller pics

I think the topmost part of the breast plate being so much wider at the top, unlike the concept art, throws off the rest of the midsection.

Hmmmm ... okay. The head is to small for sure, and I think it could use some more tweaking. Bring the head more into a classic shape and the rest will probably really pop

I think it's perfect. Don't change a thing

When I saw this pic I would have tended to agree with you,

0bf80c3133012676496f32ceb1bc1e7b_zpsoxidd7zf.jpg

But this one...

2825e7bc358e3e0e52c88986a8809cd9_zpsslugnhlx.jpg

Well I see two issues... The head is to small and I would say so are the biceps. The classic Ironman suit well he had guns for biceps so this doesn't mesh well IMHO. Address those two issues and I thnk this will click better.

Last edited:
I think it's perfect. Don't change a thing

When I saw this pic I would have tended to agree with you,
But this one...
Well I see two issues... The head is to small and I would say so are the biceps. The classic Ironman suit well he had guns for biceps so this does mesh well IMHO. Address those two issues and I thnk this will click better.

As far as the suit goes I agree with Nemen, it's pretty perfect imo.

People have to keep in mind this is going to be XM style mixed with the Classic IM style, so you're not getting the 100% comic accurate blah blah statue. If that's what you're looking for then there's plenty of statues out there that offer that, most are from Bowen.

The bicep's do need a little tweaking as Spidey noted, and from the side the helmet does look like it could stand to be a smidgen bigger. However, from the front the helmet looks perfect so that's six one way, half a dozen the other imo.

People have to keep in mind this is going to be XM style mixed with the Classic IM style, so you're not getting the 100% comic accurate blah blah statue. If that's what you're looking for then there's plenty of statues out there that offer that, most are from Bowen.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I'm good with it being a mix of the two. This will look amazing once they've finished with it.

10572193_1531745020379525_1153966052197553097_o.jpg

11108863_1561330194087674_2173074796020772935_n.jpg

So far ... the pose looks good. But I'm glad it's still work in progress ...the arms need work. They're too skinny at the moment. The arms need to anatomically correct as well ...where the bicep and forearm meets the elbow.

I liked the proportions on this concept and hope XM applies it to the current WIP.

Spidey sees exactly what I saw when the WIP update pics were first posted. I posted this earlier. Overall, this piece is awesome, but the arms don't look anatomically correct. Even in a mechanical perspective, how the bicep and forearm connects to the elbow doesn't work. I'm sure XM will fix this as its still a WIP. But just in case, it's good to point it out. And I do hope XM stays true to the proportions in their concept art. The arms and legs thickness are just right in the concept art.

I truly want this piece to be great as I agree that this piece can be THE definitive Classic IronMan statue. It just needs a few tweaks, not much.

As far as the suit goes I agree with Nemen, it's pretty perfect imo.

The bicep's do need a little tweaking as Spidey noted, and from the side the helmet does look like it could stand to be a smidgen bigger. However, from the front the helmet looks perfect so that's six one way, half a dozen the other imo.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to look at some of these sculpts because a) I am not there yet, b) the tweaks I am suggesting could be roughed I in about 10 minutes...lol
:exactly: :goodpost:

I'm good with it being a mix of the two. This will look amazing once they've finished with it.

No issues with a blending of styles here either, but I think the Headsculpt should lean a little bit more towards the classic style too.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to look at some of these sculpts because a) I am not there yet, b) the tweaks I am suggesting could be roughed I in about 10 minutes...lol

Yeah that's fine, I'm not going to freak about 10 minute tweaks in the digital sculpt WIP stage. I'll save that for printed, painted prototypes. :lol

People that want to spend a couple hundreds on a fully classic comic Iron Man should jump on the Comiquette without second thoughts. The Ex can be found at lower than XM's prices anyway.
I'm in for the revised design, it's what sparks my interest since I'm not an Iron Man guy at all. Was even planning on NOT getting an IM ever before I saw this concept. I don't care if it's not the exact "classic" look, they could call it "My little Pony Iron Man" and I'd find this kind of suit much more interesting than the classic one (which I like, btw, more than the movie suits actually).

People that want to spend a couple hundreds on a fully classic comic Iron Man should jump on the Comiquette without second thoughts. The Ex can be found at lower than XM's prices anyway.
I'm in for the revised design, it's what sparks my interest since I'm not an Iron Man guy at all. Was even planning on NOT getting an IM ever before I saw this concept. I don't care if it's not the exact "classic" look, they could call it "My little Pony Iron Man" and I'd find this kind of suit much more interesting than the classic one (which I like, btw, more than the movie suits actually).

Um, and where are you going to find a 1/4 classic Iron Man for less than XM's?

Back