XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm opening my Widow as we speak. As I originally suspected before anyone received her, Magneto, or anyone else since in hand, this piece is truly XM's sleeper hit. Really impressive so far with so many options.

I've got her ordered through BBTS so I'll see this in June....maybe :lol

Lol...I've got mine at BBTS also. Maybe we get ours before SDCC.

I'm thinking more like June

Funny I was just looking back in the thread to posts from like Dec. We weren't too far off :lol One day after SDCC I get mine.

Did you purchase it from a US dealer? I am waiting for mine still...

BBTS

Thanks.

Some thoughts now that I've had it for a few days:

The rear lamppost section does have a slight curve backwards to it, but that is standard for this piece it seems. A little disappointed with that, but it takes nothing away from the rest of the piece. Also had a little trouble getting the light in the hole as the hole was angled which made the light not sit flush and vertical. Thankfully, I found one of the four sides of the square peg did manage to sit flush so all is good.

The headsculpts are very well done, even if they are a bit more comic/anime styled than what Sideshow does. I think I like the Sideshow face better as she looks more Russian. The short-haired sculpt has a bit more Russian in it than the long-haired one, but neither as much as the Sideshow. The paint application is also more simple compared to the Sideshow. For example, she has single lines for eyebrows whereas the Sideshow has feathered, more realistic strands of hair. It's not a knock, it's just an observation.

The body sculpt is brilliant.

The paint apps are clean and flawless. The suit, the weapons, the tiny details. All there.

So many display options that it made my head spin taking all the parts out of the box.

It has a much larger presence and size than I had anticipated. The base is bigger (I guess higher) than I expected and takes up a lot more space. Relatively speaking.

The extra bust display option makes this package the best bang for the buck XM piece out there.

Overall, I'd say I'm very happy with this and I think it's the best Black Widow (black) in 1/4 scale on the market. I have and love the Sideshow White Widow and while I think it is an awesome piece in it's own right, I think the XM is just better due to the display options mainly. One white and one black are good enough for me :yess:

Nice mini review. Glad you like it. I'll get this one day. Way too much to buy at the moment though. :)

Might anyone who owns this help me out by telling me the exact dimensions of the art print, by chance?

Im also waiting for mine bro from secret compass. I honestly hope they come soon, it is weird they are taking this long.

So was this piece 'grandfathered' in such that the customers weren't affected by the new distribution/shipping limitations set by XM?

(Man, I worded that horribly. :lol)

I just got a tracking number for mine yesterday from Secret Compass, I think he was able to snag them before XM came down on everyone about shipping restrictions... I had to cancel my stuff with Simple Toys :(

I just got a tracking number for mine yesterday from Secret Compass, I think he was able to snag them before XM came down on everyone about shipping restrictions... I had to cancel my stuff with Simple Toys :(

Well, good for you guys. :rock The new restrictions suck, IMO. I get it though. Business is business. But it still sucks. :lol

I was really hoping to get one of these at a decent price. Never expected retail, but still.

Back