XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L
Would like to ask the above again. Any help?

What little birdy did you hear this from?

the lean issue was identified by an xm rep. He indicated it would become apparent within 1 week of the statue being displayed.

If there is no lean after about 1 week, you will be fine.

Yeah it was Bryan... He indicated that there was a mixupweigh the mixture used for the legs that was not suppose to be used on the hands that makes the legs to flexible, and yeah that you will know within a week.

Here is the quote.

Yup We only expect a few pieces with this potential mix material material issue - if anyone notices any lean, don't fret, just email us [email protected] and you will be taken care of! Just ot clarify, it will only take less than a week to know it it will lean - if it doesn't lean within a week, it will be good.

Just received Black Widow and Magneto yesterday. I was late to the XM party...do I initially missed out on ordering Magneto. A fellow forum member managed to find a seller in Singapore who was offering a bundle with Magneto and Black Widow. Obviously I wanted Magneto more than Black Widow...

That being said...I am really impressed with Black Widow. The more I look at this statue, the more I like it. Glad it's in my collection...hoping that I avoid the "leaning" issue.

congrats. with such a small edition size, great base, and numerous switch out parts, I dare say she will command a premium in the years to come.

Hopefully specfiction gets mine in the next month or two.

How much are people being charged for shipping?

This is my first order from Spec Fiction and I'm suffering a little sticker shock that the TBD shipping cost ended up being $225.

How much are people being charged for shipping?

This is my first order from Spec Fiction and I'm suffering a little sticker shock that the TBD shipping cost ended up being $225.

I am in the same boat. He is asking me to pay $295?!?

I was under the impression that the shipping cost was going to be around $100.

I am in the same boat. He is asking me to pay $295?!?

I was under the impression that the shipping cost was going to be around $100.

From my understanding the shipping cost is calculated based on it coming straight from Singapore and not the US.

From my understanding the shipping cost is calculated based on it coming straight from Singapore and not the US.

Correct, the statues are drop shipped directly form Singapore to US that is why shipping is so high.... Just as a suggestion he should probably put a note on his site that Shipping for XM statues can run around $200-$300 so people are not so surprised when they get the bill.... He told me upfront about it when I was talking to him on his live chat about Phoenix...

I think I paid $220 for XM Captain America to be shipped (total including shipping was $810) and that was over a year ago, back then XM was unknown so he was able to get the statues for retail, now that XM has become very popular his XM source has upped the price quite a bit. BBTS.com and Secret Compass are in the same boat....

One plus is that even with the high shipping costs you can still sell these XM statues on Ebay down the road if you need to due to financial reasons and easily get all your money back....

I received an adjustment on my shipping cost (from $295 to $225) after a quick email.

fast response on his part and apologized for the oversight.

In the end, I am just glad to have her coming...

Hey guys, I recently received a XM studio Black widow, however displaying it with the tall wall attachment just felt strange to me. I than noticed the reason was because the tall wall was leaning to the left side slightly (in picture), not 100% vertical when compared to a besta vertical support. The small broken wall attachment is 100% vertical however.

Just wondering if they are all like that, does anyone who also owns a xm black widow statue confirm this, how is your tall wall attachment, is it vertical or leaning too, please let me know thanks.
IMG_00588.jpg

C'mon BBTS, where's mine!?

Damn, I need this babe to get here soon.....

NAC, My only suggestion is contact Bryan or Ben at XM Studios to find out.

Hey guys, I recently received a XM studio Black widow, however displaying it with the tall wall attachment just felt strange to me. I than noticed the reason was because the tall wall was leaning to the left side slightly (in picture), not 100% vertical when compared to a besta vertical support. The small broken wall attachment is 100% vertical however.

Just wondering if they are all like that, does anyone who also owns a xm black widow statue confirm this, how is your tall wall attachment, is it vertical or leaning too, please let me know thanks.
View attachment 176961

I dont have BW yet and I dont know if its normal, but is the fence not needed for support? Not sure but mabey thats the problem was the leaning problem not BW self?

No, the wall or fence is not needed for support. That's why you have the option to display it without that wall. Only the bottom part of the wall or fence is needed for support for BW.

No, the wall or fence is not needed for support. That's why you have the option to display it without that wall. Only the bottom part of the wall or fence is needed for support for BW.

Oké i see is the wall normal on that picture then? I think thats what he wanted to know, I saw a youtube movie how the wall is put in place and its hard not to be a steady fit so think its normal but not sure.

Oké i see is the wall normal on that picture then? I think thats what he wanted to know, I saw a youtube movie how the wall is put in place and its hard not to be a steady fit so think its normal but not sure.

Not sure. Mine has not come in, yet, so I can't compare.

That's why I said he should call Bryan or Ben at XM Studios. If anything, email them this pic and ask if its normal.

Not sure. Mine has not come in, yet, so I can't compare.

That's why I said he should call Bryan or Ben at XM Studios. If anything, email them this pic and ask if its normal.
Okay :) hope you will share some pictures haha mabey you can confirm it, where did you buy her from if i may ask BBTS?

Okay :) hope you will share some pictures haha mabey you can confirm it, where did you buy her from if i may ask BBTS?

Affirmative! I was able to PO Black Widow on BBTS. And I'll gladly share pics once I get her. :D

The other XM statues, I didn't want to chance it, so I worked with a gentleman named Mark.

Affirmative! I was able to PO Black Widow on BBTS. And I'll gladly share pics once I get her. :D

The other XM statues, I didn't want to chance it, so I worked with a gentleman named Mark.

Awsome I think you will have her before me xD but I bought her from ebay could not help myself but I think it was still an okay price too pay.

Back