XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say this BW looks great, does XM studio's come close to there prototype quality?

In one of the video interview during STGCC, Ang Seng their art direction claims their final product will be equal to or better than prototype.

This is your answer.... Right here. I personally don't have any XM pieces, but they pledge to meet or better the job they did on the proto, and if there is a company that will do it it is XM.

This is your answer.... Right here. I personally don't have any XM pieces, but they pledge to meet or better the job they did on the proto, and if there is a company that will do it it is XM.

That's good to hear :)

I can comment from personal experience, Captain America is every bit as was promised.

+1, my XM Capt. looks exactly like the prototype.... The only quality issues I've seen are ones where you would have to literally put your face up against the statue to see it and it's usually only in maybe one spot and that's only on a few statues people have gotten, I think overall QC issues have been extremely low with XM.

Lets just say the QC issues the few people have had would be cause for celebration if that's all the QC issues the other company that can't be named had. That's how minor they are.

Just received an e-mail from Toy Industries (aka playstore.com) regarding BW. I was curious as to what they were charging for BW (including shipping) compared to BBTS...so I sent an message inquiring on price.

Most of us know that Eric Soksa was updating the facial sculpt. As expected, this will cause a slight delay. I was told they expect their allotment of BW statues to hit their warehouse and be available for shipping around Christmas.

Ive got two caps and a Hulk. No difference from pictures they've posted of the finished proto to what you get in your hands. I don't have a single issue with any of the xm statues I've purchased.

That's how premium statues should be. =)

I've got Sonja coming and the color is concerning to me. Could me lighting so I'll hold out hope until I get it in hand.

:exactly: I'm laughing at the Red Sonja thread about how everyone is acting like her total change of skin tone isn't an issue. Come on! It's hilarious IMO

Got any pics showing the change? I can't see anything just lot's of chatting.

:exactly: I'm laughing at the Red Sonja thread about how everyone is acting like her total change of skin tone isn't an issue. Come on! It's hilarious IMO

The Red Sonja face is somehow very blank in my eye. She just cut off a person head and holding it up, I figure she would have much more expression to it. The skin color, proto and actual (What's new) :lol

I know the company that can't be named statues are a bit cheaper at $400 but that's still no chump change.... I think it says a lot about a company when their customers need to justify to themselves why they should keep a statue that didn't come close to the prototype they advertised with. You get the

"" Well it's only $400 what do you expect ""
"" If you use the right lighting and angle it looks great ""
"" You just need to pay a professional another $200-$300 to repaint and it will look great ""
"" See if you take the picture 50 feet away it looks awesome ""
"" All you need is a little Photoshop and then it looks great in pictures ""
"" Well the company does make a lot of statues so you can't expect perfection all the time""
"" You just need to close you left eye and tilt your head 30 degrees and it looks awesome ""
"" Just need to drink a few Jack Daniels and this turns into the best statue ever made ""

:)

I know the company that can't be named statues are a bit cheaper at $400 but that's still no chump change.... I think it says a lot about a company when their customers need to justify to themselves why they should keep a statue that didn't come close to the prototype they advertised with. You get the

"" You just need to pay a professional another $200-$300 to repaint and it will look great ""
"" Well the company does make a lot of statues so you can't expect perfection all the time""
"" You just need to close you left eye and tilt your head 30 degrees and it looks awesome ""
"" Just need to drink a few Jack Daniels and this turns into the best statue ever made ""

Gospel here...... Sad but it's true. We do settle and the worst part is we all expect it as its the norm.

Amen. :goodpost:

I love the new excuse they introduced with a recent green release: you have to view the product from the 'Hero angle' in order for it not to completely suck :rotfl

Not me i don't buy their stuff anymore. ;)

:exactly: :duff:

"" If you use the right lighting and angle it looks great """" You just need to pay a professional another $200-$300 to repaint and it will look great ""

This is the one that gets me. I also hate the wait till better pics are posted sometimes. Its like, I know my pics and lighting in my room aren't great for taking pics , however, that doesn't mean I am a damn fool of noticing the color in person. The color was off, plain and simple. Still a nice looking statue though.

Back