XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I agree that the mickey mouse censorship is unnecessary, I would like to point out that a child doesn't need to buy these things to see it, I ordered 2, and my 3 and 6 years old are excited to have her here in a couple months, actually they are more excited about Mk 42. Children don't look at a female statue and comment on how low her zipper is, they don't care. I really wondering what's the point, maybe for teenagers.

True, kids don't need to buy it to see it. But for these statues, personally I would keep them away from kids. They'd be able to see it, but from afar. And like you said they wouldn't care anyway. I introduced my kids to Marvel and DC characters via kid friendly books and toys. They have action figure versions of the characters instead. It's better since kids are more tactile and playful.

You're maybe right about teenagers, but when my kids get that age I would already have clarified what these statues represent and what they DON'T represent.

I disagree. I owned the SS BW, and she has a much more realistic face. I thought her face turned out great.

Just my opinion, I don't want to turn this into more XM vs SS.

IMG_0659-001.JPG

If you like googly eyeballs and a bit of a masculine face, then ya SS is the best :)

SS BW is a pain in the butt to sell right now, its like nobody wants her, the market is flooded with her, kind of ridiculous given how long she's been out.

If you like googly eyeballs and a bit of a masculine face, then ya SS is the best :)

SS BW is a pain in the butt to sell right now, its like nobody wants her, the market is flooded with her, kind of ridiculous given how long she's been out.

Hey, man, I'm not going to say you're wrong if that's how you feel, but I don't see the masculine face, and the eyes on mine were good.

Sold mine just the other day, though...you'll find a buyer eventually.

I agree. Neither of them blows the other away in my opinion. They're two distinctly different styles and both are gorgeous. The only concrete advantage I give to XM's Widow is XM's excellent QC.

Hey Ill take it a step further.....

1) More options
2) Great Print
3) Better Packaging
4) Better sculpted physique
5) Two base options
6) Light up lamp feature on base
7) Two switch out heads with a stand for the one not on the statue
8) Fully sculpted
9) 500 ES size.
10) No duck lips...I am not a fan of SS BW's lips....kind of got a slight Daffy Duck thing going on.
11) No googly eyes.

Gosh damn thestig.....I could go on and on and on and on and on......JMO!

No contest on this one.....XM destroys the SS one. And that's me being kind.....the SS is nice, but bland. Granted BW is not the most dynamic and exciting of Marvel characters IMO so...she is only going to excite me so much.:lol

New head sculpt looks MUCH better IMO. The anime look was what kept me from jumping on this in the beginning.

Hey, man, I'm not going to say you're wrong if that's how you feel, but I don't see the masculine face, and the eyes on mine were good.

Sold mine just the other day, though...you'll find a buyer eventually.

I think it's the lines in her jaw area that give her a bit of a hard look, they probably should of soften it up by rounding her face a bit.. but overall it's a decent statue. It's just SS gave it such a lame Exclusive item that people rather save money and buy the regular edition.

I think it's the lines in her jaw area that give her a bit of a hard look, they probably should of soften it up by rounding her face a bit.. but overall it's a decent statue. It's just SS gave it such a lame Exclusive item that people rather save money and buy the regular edition.

I think you're right on the EX part. There is no value there.

Yeah who wants a ****** ****ing knife? ****ing waste of my ****ing time....that out of the way, I like the hard line for the jaw and what not. Features like jaws and cheekbones are definitely something I love in some women. It does all depend.

I will say I slightly regret cancelling as this new face is quite stunning, but I shall wait how it all plays out. Really a wonderful new sculpt!

Yeah who wants a ****** ****ing knife? ****ing waste of my ****ing time....that out of the way, I like the hard line for the jaw and what not. Features like jaws and cheekbones are definitely something I love in some women. It does all depend.

I will say I slightly regret cancelling as this new face is quite stunning, but I shall wait how it all plays out. Really a wonderful new sculpt!

shoulda kept your PO and wait for reviews since BBTS has them usually later. I believe the aftermarket prices for these are gonna be quite more expensive.s

shoulda kept your PO and wait for reviews since BBTS has them usually later. I believe the aftermarket prices for these are gonna be quite more expensive.s

Eh I don't regret it a ton. I had ordered it, then cancelled, and figured to order. However, I have been looking for Black Cat **** for some time, it was hard not to resist. So I cancelled again. I was going to wait for IHP before pulling the trigger, but I have seen a lot of people ordering multiples. And realistically how many will actually be able to sell? I think many are trying to just buy em to flip, and that could potentially backfire. Has been happening lately with everything i.e electronics, statues, collectibles...etc.

Also I have Catwoman on PO, and I also realized how good SS Widow, Black Cat PF, and Catwoman will look as all being mix media.

Back