XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't want them to rush a statue out though. Rushed gets you the Odin Sword for the Thor PF Exclusive, and maybe even the NO Exclusive DareDevil. They need to do it right, not half assed.

The Thor EX was initially Throg, which would have been a great EX, but greed set in and we ended up with a ridiculous sword.

Thor looks great IMO. The Ex is lame though, Thor has to be displayed with his hammer but a lame Ex equals money saved being a non US collector so I'm fine with lame Ex's or no Ex's at all. As long as the statue looks good that's all that matters to me :)

Yes, the lame exc definitely benefits the non US collector. SS will definitely need to keep up with the other statues company as they are offering more switch out options, etc.

I have not seen Sideshow's brown costume Wolverine; that is the one that was being commented on.

Ah I see....gotcha. I've been waiting for a brown and yellow version Wolverine for years now at 1/4. Since I've waited this long, might as well wait until XM comes out with theirs. If its similar to the pansy yellow and blue color shown by XM (just the color XM...not the statue), I don't see SS doing a better one. Just going by their AD, it will be a cold day in hell before SS beats the XM brown and yellow Wolverine.

I must admit, I will still probably get the SS brown and yellow PF IF and when they come out with theirs.

The Thor EX was initially Throg, which would have been a great EX, but greed set in and we ended up with a ridiculous sword.

It is possible that they were going to price Thor at $525 (or something around there) if Throg was the EX so lowering the price and still making Throg available at a $20 discount to those who want both may have been a good move on their part.

Last edited:
Ahh..I haven't been able to talk myself into pulling the XM Cap trigger yet. Just feel like im getting a cross between the SSC original Cap and the SSC Ironman comq. Not sure why that is...

ssc cap.JPG plus ironman comq.jpg = xmcap.jpg ?

Just curious, has anyone found a US importer for the XM products?

Yeah but even with the shield in hand, I don't feel like it is anything I haven't seen before. I'm more excited for the SSC Cap because the stance is different with a gun in hand...just more dynamic. I feel like this was a "safe" sculpt for XM.

Yeah but even with the shield in hand, I don't feel like it is anything I haven't seen before. I'm more excited for the SSC Cap because the stance is different with a gun in hand...just more dynamic. I feel like this was a "safe" sculpt for XM.

I agree. Which is why, unlike cap, I am willing to spend the extra dollars on BW and probably Magneto as, for me personally, they are the best 1/4 scale comic representations of them presently......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. Which is why, unlike cap, I am willing to spend the extra dollars on BW and probably Magneto as, for me personally, they are the best 1/4 scale comic representations of them presently......

I'll be getting this for sure as well. I'll have to make sure I jump on it with the XM es's around 500 these days i'm sure if the finished product looks anything like the prototype..itll sell out.

I think the face on the XM Widow sucks. I like SS's Widow face better but the Widow I grew up reading never toted these big ****ing guns. She killed with her sting and her ****. Period.

I think the face on the XM Widow sucks. I like SS's Widow face better but the Widow I grew up reading never toted these big ****ing guns. She killed with her sting and her ****. Period.

The face on XM has lot to do with ArtGerm... I believe Poison Ivy was base on his art as well

A question of taste but the SS one is fugly and XM are producing a 3rd portrait based on this type of feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The SS BW face is lifeless. I don't care for it. I understand the folks that don't care for the artgerm anime style but the XM BW is far better looking than any other BW out there IMO.

Back