XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't think SS will view them as competition unless they can get a worldwide licence

Any company that's going to take SSC revenue is a competitor. Paying $700 to 800 for an amazing piece already happens and surpasses these prices if you look at a few of SSC pieces, e.g. Ms Marvel, Gambit PF's, etc.

XM could create a problem if they get to pumping out these character's everyone's been waiting on SSC to create but has yet to do...some people been waiting years for SSC to deliver their favorite characters so they will jump at these until a better replacement comes along. I know the Mag's caught my interest, a different Thanos would be nice and if they get to making a Mr. Sinister or a X-23 im def. picking it up. I live in California and love SSC but XM is really asking the customer's what they want and looks to be delivering on these requests in 1/4 scale fashion.

Last edited:
Any company that's going to take SSC revenue is a competitor. Paying $700 to 800 for an amazing piece already happens and surpasses these prices if you look at a few of SSC pieces, e.g. Ms Marvel, Gambit PF's, etc.

XM could create a problem if they get to pumping out these character's everyone's been waiting on SSC to create but has yet to do...some people been waiting years for SSC to deliver their favorite characters so they will jump at these until a better replacement comes along. I know the Mag's caught my interest, a different Thanos would be nice and if they get to making a Mr. Sinister or a X-23 im def. picking it up. I live in California and love SSC but XM is really asking the customer's what they want and looks to be delivering on these requests in 1/4 scale fashion.

:goodpost:

Well I guess you will fail to see a lot of things... Taking pictures of their products next to SS products that have been released is not fair, sideshow is not even given a chance to compete here.. And come on, you can get the xm pieces easily online without pulling any strings. Don't make it sound like it's such a hard to get product lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what you are saying is that XM is playing dirty by showing that they make a product of similar if not better quality than SSC, and that is dirty pool. Sorry man that just sounds silly. Very soon XM statues will be out, and SSC could play the same game. Now they would be stupid to until they up their game on a few things, like making some really amazing EXs (XM Widow has three change out torsos, multiple weapons, and two different bases..... SSC has a barely visible knife), but in the end it can only work out to out advantage that XM will push SSC to make better and more interesting products. That is a good thing.

If can save money for other collectors by under value. I see no harm in it. Buyer and seller both happy.
XM have definitely caught SS attention, especially so many collectors talking about it... And you right Spidey, this will be good for collectors :)... Let them use whatever strategy, as long as the collectors get more for their buck.

What's interesting to me is SSC now does huge es's unlike a few years back versus a company that sell's for higher cost's but with lower es's. I can see the serious collector's getting on the XM piece's for this reason alone. This will be interesting to see how it plays out and if SSC will up their game to be more competitive.

I still prefer SSC BW to XM, new SSC Hulk to XM Hulk and new SSC Cap PF to XM Cap. Once they start getting into those character's not done by SSC, I think i'll be pulling the trigger for XM pieces. I also think it's interesting how XM's pieces are fully sculpted whereas with SSC were getting the mixed media aspect for the most part - not sure if I have a preference yet.

I think the only way SS could appease both crowds is cap the EX to 500 for every statue and then do as many regular versions as they want. But the EX would need something special to make it stand out, a little knife that looks like an ice pick doesn't cut it.

I agree that the XM offerings are nice but must admit that even if the pieces were identical, I'd still prefer the Sideshow versions of the stated characters.

I DO, however, absolutely love the light-post base and the fact that they are including an extra portrait (with stand) and alternate base. As per XM, The PENDING third head sculpt has not yet been completed and must be approved by Marvel before a final decision to include it can be finalized.

As for their other characters, the Wolverine seems interesting but I'd want to see Sideshow's before making a buying decision. The Magneto in the chair, however, seems like a must-have!

I agree that the XM offerings are nice but must admit that even if the pieces were identical, I'd still prefer the Sideshow versions of the stated characters.

I DO, however, absolutely love the light-post base and the fact that they are including an extra portrait (with stand) and alternate base. As per XM, The PENDING third head sculpt has not yet been completed and must be approved by Marvel before a final decision to include it can be finalized.

As for their other characters, the Wolverine seems interesting but I'd want to see Sideshow's before making a buying decision. The Magneto in the chair, however, seems like a must-have!

Uhhhhh.....you already have....several versions in fact! What more do you need to see????/

What makes you think Brown Wolverine will be shown before the XM version releases?

I don't think it will, Igo on SF was asking about 2-3 months ago for people to post pictures of poses that they would like for a POSSIBLE Brown Wolverine PF. If it is a go I don't think it's beyond the sketch phase yet.

SS definitely know they are behind and full throttle on Brown Wolv I hope

SS definitely know they are behind and full throttle on Brown Wolv I hope

You don't want them to rush a statue out though. Rushed gets you the Odin Sword for the Thor PF Exclusive, and maybe even the NO Exclusive DareDevil. They need to do it right, not half assed.

Back