XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer this new base. Looks like he is in middle of battle

That's a bummer. Please don't include the name plate. That looks tacky....ugh!!!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid it's true :( it's been know for some time now that the base had not been approved :( shame because the concept was a great idea but it would seem that they have sculpted a new dioramic base which I'm totally over the moon about :rock

Really? :dunno why do you think it's boring? It's actually got more detail going into than the original Stark base plus this new base is totally in relation to the Avengers movie of which the MKVII is based on! Your comment of the base being boring is purely based on just an unpainted proto so we are yet to see the paint apps on this to make it all pop! At least give them a chance to complete the base before you can call it boring dude :(

It's boring , even is unpaint, there is nothing on it, and if you give them a chance to complete the base like thanos, they won't change no more DUDE!!

Agree with jye, the new base concept is boring and the name plate is tacky. I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hope XM reconsiders this.

If I see another chunk of rubble as a statue base before I die it will be too soon. Complete snore. :sleep

XM should try a themed base from the Avengers that ties the Mk 7 in with the film.

Or they'll call us whiny bastards and stop listening to input in general.

Constructive input has always been welcome to XM, that's what makes them great. Keep the ideas flowing guys and let's relay them to XM so that we all get a stellar statue! Even the whiners in the Thanos thread got the attention of XM :lol

Agree with jye, the new base concept is boring and the name plate is tacky. I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hope XM reconsiders this.

If I see another chunk of rubble as a statue base before I die it will be too soon. Complete snore. :sleep

XM should try a themed base from the Avengers that ties the Mk 7 in with the film.
Agree with you this time, and don't get me wrong, I already po this one and that is why I was so concer about the base.

I've seen people suggesting things from the movie for the base, like a piece of the quinjet, or dead chitauri like Hot Toys did, but I imagine anything specific like that is a separate licensing and cost. Any base needs to be approved by Marvel, but using something that is itself a Marvel property is not likely to happen. Rubble, new york street, etc are not things Marvel can charge XM to use, only either approve or disapprove the design. I'm wondering if the Stark towers base getting disapproved had something to do with an extra licensing cost. Would surprise me if "Stark" is a separate license from "Iron Man".

Did those back flaps/wings ever stick out in the movie, when he was on the ground / landing ? Can't recall.

Looks weird imo

Or maybe. just practical. The Stark base looked like an accident waiting to happen in a lot of ways. The whole flying pose supported by one small foot peg looked like it might go over if you looked at it wrong. Plus that would be a lot of weight on one small peg, and if gives at all the whole statue would just be done.

Well the real-world prototype with the single peg has done the rounds of several shows without toppling and shattering into a million tiny pieces.

If you are doing a 'flight' pose you shouldn't have one foot standing on a bit of conveniently shaped rock...and the other leg welded to a girder.

As this will be my only 1/4 statue I don't mind the smashed concrete base even if it's a cliché. But I really want the suit to be visually 'detached' from it when in the 'flight' pose. Keep the peg in other words. And ditch the name plate. And integrate some uplighting in the base at least...if not the figure.

Have some imagination guys like he is landing or just taking off. I don't think it's possible to create some in flight type of base. And for me...I prefer to maintain the integrity and uniqueness of the flight pose rather than make the statue conform to a cool base.

Have some imagination guys like he is landing or just taking off. I don't think it's possible to create some in flight type of base. And for me...I prefer to maintain the integrity and uniqueness of the flight pose rather than make the statue conform to a cool base.

It's not about imagination...it's about whether he is in flight or not. The single post supporting the flight pose has already been demonstrated on the prototype. Better to have some separation from the base than have him balanced on a rock on tippy-toe with a girder for a crutch.

Anyway it's all speculative without an updated design from XM.

It's not about imagination...it's about whether he is in flight or not. The single post supporting the flight pose has already been demonstrated on the prototype. Better to have some separation from the base than have him balanced on a rock on tippy-toe with a girder for a crutch.

Anyway it's all speculative without an updated design from XM.

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

Last edited:
Make the nameplate separate if anything that way we can choose weather to display it or not.

Those concepts are the very first concepts. I wouldn't worry about the nameplate, none of their statues have one.

exactly. this isn't a new concept, just the original one. It's a shame the Stark base was scrapped because I loved the originality of that one. Hopefully they make something cool.

Back