XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do like this guy but I don't know if hes worth $800. I'm really hoping SS does another IM like they did with the IM manaquette mark VI.

The XM proto was nearly complete last we saw. With an amazing base and swap out options showcasing two completely different and equally awesome poses, this will be hard to pass up. Why pass on this and have it sell out when the SSC's proto isn't even ready yet for the VII, and has a very tall task of taking this on head to head?

I can't imagine what the secondary market price for a XM IM would be, and I don't want to. :horror

Sure, it's possible SSC/Legacy can equal or best this product with their Mk VII rendition but judging the protos I've seen their latest IM's aren't convincing me they can, or even want to. They seem content to march out sloppy, rushed protos (Mk 2) or inaccurate pieces (Mk 2, Mk 42, IP) with insane edition sizes of up to 4,000. If anyone wants an SSC piece down the road they'll be easy to find retail. XM, not so much.

SSC's Mk 6 & War Machine Maquettes are my two favorite statues I own, so believe me when I tell you I want to see their new IM line do well. Problem is that they have struggled to produce a solid IM product that matched the proto, and many are plagued with QC issues. Take a read in any IM bust thread: Mk 2, Mk 3, new Mk 6, new Mk 7, and you'll find major QC problems in all of them. The Mk 6 Maquette is known for poor paint on the chin, and faceplate alignment issues. It's a bummer because you'd think that teaming up with Legacy would enable them to really knock IM collectibles out of the park like they do with Hulk, but it just isn't happening.

I like the way you think bro. Solid post. Great points. Agree with all of it

Yank I've had the privalidge of seeing the final pics of this & believe me it is gorgeous. I'm really tempted to drop my money on it but that means breaking my rules of strictly collecting 1/4 comic statues only

It's Amazing

I like the way you think bro. Solid post. Great points. Agree with all of it

Thanks James! Great minds think alike :wink1:

Yank I've had the privalidge of seeing the final pics of this & believe me it is gorgeous. I'm really tempted to drop my money on it but that means breaking my rules of strictly collecting 1/4 comic statues only

It's Amazing

Tell_me_loki.gif

:lol

I'm jealous! Someone post them here please! :panic: :panic: :panic:

It's Amazing

So who do we ask for such a privilege ...lol

Lol...boy there are some funny folks on these forums. That Loki gif was perfect Yank.

:hi5:

Lol... Oh I never said I wouldn't be all in like a cheerleader after the big game... Especially considering that RagingBull isn't the only one with XM stuff he has been asked to not share...lol

:lol

I hope XM nails the paint on this, that's been a weakness of many IM released products across many scales recently.

Throw us a bone kayorzz!

Back