XM Boba Fett 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so the question is, would you prefer they return to the sculpted braids?

If they keep them mix media they just need to make them thinner.... Given the size and probably breakage issues, if they were to be sculpted they probably should make them out of plastic, that way you can get a more dynamic look instead of them just hanging there.

if anybody is keen, i have boba fett POs to let go at close to PO price. pls pm if interested, thanks

It just looks weird because the braids appear stiff, but everything else in the piece is flowing and showing a lot of movement.

It's a very valid point. Either go back to the sculpted braids with a bit thicker braid to prevent breakage or insert small wire into fabric so they can show a sense of movement.

It's a very valid point. Either go back to the sculpted braids with a bit thicker braid to prevent breakage or insert small wire into fabric so they can show a sense of movement.
:duff
I do like the wire idea. They're used in capes, scarves, trench coats, etc. They cam figure out a way to implement them here.

Yeah, I already pitched the wire idea to them actually. I liked the sculpted braids too but they were getting a lot of complaints at the time.

Just improve the sculpt of the original braids. The new braids look like curtain tassels. Seems fabric braids is more suitable for dolls or action figures

If I was getting this (I'm not), I would probably pair it with this new art from Acme Archives:

https://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/...ubs=false&keywords=Ghost+in+the+wind&comp=AND

That's a nice one.

I also posted this one a few pages back, but not sure who the artist is. It's over the top, but we are talking sci-fi here anyway:

boba_fett_by_uncannyknack-d7r4mvm.jpg

I'm a bit surprised it hasn't sold out yet... I know they're fixing the belt, making it smaller but I hope they revisit the painting on the smoke to make it look more realistic.

That's a nice one.

I also posted this one a few pages back, but not sure who the artist is. It's over the top, but we are talking sci-fi here anyway:

boba_fett_by_uncannyknack-d7r4mvm.jpg

I'd say safely say that is what inspired the Xm fett. Same artist did an ig-88 walking through flames.
Xm would nail that as a statue, flame effect on Jean gray is excellent

Anyone who has fett on preorder know when statue will ship?

XM Shipping Schedule and Pre-Order is out of date on their website so I'm not sure. My best guess would be 1st or 2nd quarter of 2017 as they still need to ship Mysterio, Witch Blade, Batman, Ghost Rider and Darkness first...

Wonder why they even chose Fett as their first foray into the Star Wars line. He's popular and all, but not really a character I'd consider iconic enough to get the ball rolling. If it was Vader, or Luke+Yoda etc. then yea that would defo make more sense.

Back