XM Boba Fett 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Mythos was 1/4 scale it would be the winner...

As of now I don't like the XM Fett at all.... I know it's not complete or final but looks like a Kenner action pose... It's too over the top and is more of a fan boy fantasy then what the real Fett was like.... The Mythos is a "fantasy" idea also but the pose and style are very Fett like... Not so for the XM. I like the PF better also as it is more true to the character... I am sure XM will make proper adjustments ad it will end up looking killer but I don't think I will ever dig the over the top action pose... I think an over the top action pose for Vader will ruin that sculpt also... Hope they stay more true to the character for that one.

Mythos is a museum pose and XM is an action pose... I'm pretty sure Fett didn't just stand around in the movies and comics, he actually does do action things like using his jet pack similar to the XM pose... So your comment about his pose not being true to the character is false IMO...

All we've seen is a art picture of Vader's face from XM, so I'm not sure why your saying he has an over the top action pose..

I agree that the Mythos Boba is probably the #1 concept around, not sure about others but can't beat the sci fi spaghetti western vibe to me.
Said that, the XM Boba reminds me a lof of the Boba from Jedi Academy, the videogame. Imho, the SW videogames are the best media that fully captures the greatness of the saga, even more than the original trilogy movies, and the fight with Boba is pretty awesome.
Overall, I think all Bobas except the old PF (Mythos, new PF and XM) are perfectly valid and solid interpretations of the character.

Mythos is a museum pose and XM is an action pose... I'm pretty sure Fett didn't just stand around in the movies and comics, he actually does do action things like using his jet pack similar to the XM pose... So your comment about his pose not being true to the character is false IMO...

All we've seen is a art picture of Vader's face from XM, so I'm not sure why your saying he has an over the top action pose..

XM Vader doesn't have an action pose. It's a museum pose.

To me it looks like a cartoon version of Fett. The pose is over the top IMO... Like how he has his rifle in just one hand while shooting with a laser pistol in the other... Fett is not from a John Woo movie. They are trying to hard to make him look cool and in the process it misses the essence of Fett IMO... He was always supposed to be the cool "Man with No Name" type character. This pose does not sell that to me. Never once seen him fire his laser rifle like that. Not in the films and that is all that counts for me... Fan art and comics don't do it for me.
latest

Personally I don't like it... But that does not mean you don't have to :)

I was just stating that I think that an over the top action pose would ruin Vader... I did not mean to sound like I knew that it was going to be... I have seen Koto do some action poses for Vader and I always think they look silly.

Last edited:
I agree that the Mythos Boba is probably the #1 concept around, not sure about others but can't beat the sci fi spaghetti western vibe to me.

That's why I love the Mythos... It captures the essence of Fett..

If people like the XM that is cool. It just does not do it for me... I don't like the Jet pack effect at all. it's too busy and reminds me of a toy.

sw0308bobafettcompare-m.jpg

dscn0791.jpg

Just because some toys did that effect doesn't mean a statue can't do it, and do it better ;p If everything a toy did became off limits for a statue then we'd have nothing :p Also the unleashed fett looks better than that, the flash ruined everything there ;p The paint is bland as hell, but for like $20 it looks pretty good. Better paint that some statues I've gotten :p (not that I'd have it in my collection, it would look far inferior to everything else).

Just because some toys did that effect doesn't mean a statue can't do it, and do it better ;p If everything a toy did became off limits for a statue then we'd have nothing :p Also the unleashed fett looks better than that, the flash ruined everything there ;p The paint is bland as hell, but for like $20 it looks pretty good. Better paint that some statues I've gotten :p (not that I'd have it in my collection, it would look far inferior to everything else).

Please people do not take what I say like I am stating a fact... Just posting my opinion. I just don't like it and think that the pose / base / jet pack gives it a cheap corny look and not a high end statue of Boba Fett. I bring up the toy aspect because even if done better it still has that cartoony toy look to me. If others like it that is fine. I hope you can get one and that you love it... Personally its just not feel like fett to me... But if it does to everyone else that is cool...

There are plenty of Fett statues that convey the cool "Man with no Name" look. I think Less is more with Fett. But I can understand why people would want something a bit different... Just stating my issues with it.

As for the Unleashed piece... I bought that for a friend of mine years ago.. It's a nice toy statue for sure... It's the first picture I found... In all honesty I like the pose better on this one then the XM because Fett holding his Rifle like that is out of necessity and just not trying to look like Chow Yun-Fat ;) ;)

Last edited:
For 20 bucks it's a great price, but still not worth having :p Also I felt the pose was always lacking... shoulda had a thermal detonator in his outstretched hand ><

I can understand where Jaws is coming from. Honestly I like the slightly more cartoonisth look (if you want to call it that). I think it differentiates itself from everything SS has brought out in the past. I really love the pose and the different action toon look. I have this on PO and when it comes in it'll sit next to the new SS PF (coming in January) and next to my 1/4 HT figure. IMO I don't want all my fetts looking the same. I'm happy to see Fett with a more pronounced action pose, even if it is a little John Wooooooo gundam style!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I can understand where Jaws is coming from. Honestly I like the slightly more cartoonisth look (if you want to call it that). I think it differentiates itself from everything SS has brought out in the past. I really love the pose and the different action toon look. I have this on PO and when it comes in it'll sit next to the new SS PF (coming in January) and next to my 1/4 HT figure. IMO I don't want all my fetts looking the same. I'm happy to see Fett with a more pronounced action pose, even if it is a little John Wooooooo gundam style!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

If I collected Fett.. I would probably get this also.

They did at least show the printed sculpt, maybe even painted but only in person at the con ;p Unfortunately no info or photos :(

It wasn't painted. Just the sculpt. But it was ****ing amazing.

I think I've told this story before, about me pre-ordering boba only because I wasn't able to get GR at the con. I hadn't seen it at the booth back then, but when I actually did, and that was after I'd submitted the pre-order forms I'd queued about 3 hours for, it made me feel better instantly. First thing that came to my mind, "This works!"

It wasn't painted. Just the sculpt. But it was ****ing amazing.

I think I've told this story before, about me pre-ordering boba only because I wasn't able to get GR at the con. I hadn't seen it at the booth back then, but when I actually did, and that was after I'd submitted the pre-order forms I'd queued about 3 hours for, it made me feel better instantly. First thing that came to my mind, "This works!"

Thanks for the confirmation/info/thoughts. Excited for them to post some pictures online :p

Is there ANYWHERE in the US that offers this on flexpay, or since pricing isn't up, had done it for previous xm statues

Looks like this fan art. Except no statue of any kind could ever look as cool as this (in my opinion, of course.)

image.jpg

I'm interested to see how this turns out, still to early to say either way I think though.

Back