XM Boba Fett 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my 0.02, but to me there's a huge difference between this concept and the ones from Sideshow and Hot Toys. And the difference is that here you have a mid flight pose, something that the Sideshow piece doesn't have and that the HT pieces can't achieve (not naturally, at least). Imho, this is no joke when you consider design and engineering.
This is not do diminish the Sideshow PF, that's certainly a solid alternative, especially since it comes at half the price of the XM version for most of us. Just pointing it out that sometimes, certain comments sound more like fox and grape than actual criticism (not directed at Tbolt, generally speaking), I recall that when Sideshow teased their Jango PF with the jetpack effect everyone was excited about it, now suddenly the same people don't seem convinced on a statue that has a similar concept and a more dynamic pose. Sounds weird.

Btw, I'll echo the same thing I said at the time about the Jango PF: I've never seen a solid smoke effect being done properly with resin, so I'll hold my judgement about it until I see the finished proto (of Boba or of Mysterio, since he has a similar effect).

I'm sure with clear resin they can pull it off

Solid Sculpt > then Mix Media... I'll take the XM, they have a proven track record of excellence, where as SS not so much.... By the way I have some Star War prints with "Authorized Pencil Signatures" if anyone wants to buy them for $100 pop or $250 framed :)

Hyperbole much?

Time will tell how well this translates into actual sculpt, but both SS and Hot Toys are putting out phenomenal 1/4 Fett's that are both more affordable and easier for most to obtain. If what they are doing isn't exciting enough, well, I guess pass that kool-aid you are drinking on over here.

This doesn't look bad so far, but there is alot of great Fett offerings right now. Of course they only have to satisfy their particular market, but when I look at this, I am not seeing why I would be inclined to seek this out over the others, price aside.

SS/Hot Toys ----->
smiley-kissing-ass.gif
<--- Tbolt

j/k

Ohhh Fiesty!!! I like it. Listen bro, the only reason i said what i said is that i thought SS for the longest time now are the only company capable out there of giving us SW collectibles and HT to some extent.

I'm not insinuating here that SS Fett and Vader sucks thats why i dropped my PO. I actually think their pretty awesome. Thats why i POed them in the first place. But on the same token i also think that this statue though still a concept has all the potential to rival and surpass SS, HT or GG regardless of price and availability. And my faith in XM i guess might seem disturbing to you but i trust this company in that i own a lot of XM stuff and so far they have not failed in every single aspect to pull it off and deliver. But thats just me. That's my honest opinion.

People who can't tolerate other peoples opinion is just plain insecure. And theres no need to bring up racial and snide remarks here like cool aid or something just because your opinion don't agree with mine. Lets keep it civilized.

Your Texas education is showing. Drinking the Kool-Aid i.e. being brainwashed. Nothing about that is racial. I would have thought even a Texan would have understood that turn of phrase. Guess it is even worse there than the last time I was in that god forsaken state. But carry on, I am sure there is a 72oz Steak eating competition you are probably late for.

Again, since comprehension does not seem to be your strong suit, I am not complaining about this piece at all. Well, if you can call the rendering a piece. It looks fine. But so does the HT and SS piece, at half the price or less and much easier to acquire. Which was my point. I am not seeing why you would NEED to seek this out, with so much great Fett already in the pipeline. SS has routinely delivered on Star Wars, and I am sure Hot Toys will knock it out of the park. It is an incredibly exciting time to be a Star Wars fan, with sooo much in the pipeline that contrary to your initial post, does not require XM to make the license seem exciting, I.E. my stating your initial post was full of hyperbole. Or a word you are more likely to understand, Bull ****.

(Oddly enough my Fett WL just came through, but since I still don't know if I will want Jango to pair up with, pass again). That HAS to be as a direct result of people canceling the SS version for this.

Once again, for your edification, I think all three look pretty awesome. I am not knocking any of them. I really don't think there is a bad choice here, however for most, this one will be an expensive PITA to acquire. To me, it would not be worth it, but I am looking forward to seeing it regardless. I realize you are going to read that as a hate filled diatribe about how much I hate XM, but really, I don't think I can express it any more clearly.

Solid Sculpt > then Mix Media... I'll take the XM, they have a proven track record of excellence, where as SS not so much.... By the way I have some Star War prints with "Authorized Pencil Signatures" if anyone wants to buy them for $100 pop or $250 framed :)

SS has been pretty solid on the Star Wars license, not sure why you would have that opinion, since XM has no track record in regards to Star Wars. Seems kind of backwards. Some people like Solid Sculpt, others Mixed Media. If that is your bag to where you greatly prefer one over the other, I understand. I happen to like both, so it is not really something I weigh against each other. I do wonder how well they will pull off the smoke effect, so still excited to see the finished piece (there I go hating again).

I'm just messin with ya Tbolt... :)

SS Museum Star Wars statues are nice, although the earlier PF's with the actors faces are arguably not that great (with exception of Mythos Kenobi), so here's hoping XM can nail the likeness factor down

I'm just messin with ya Tbolt... :)

SS Museum Star Wars statues are nice, although the earlier PF's with the actors faces are arguably not that great (with exception of Mythos Kenobi), so here's hoping XM can nail the likeness factor down

Yeah, but those are ancient pieces. I mean, everything has come really far since then, though I agree that those pieces don't stand up well today. That said, I don't think face sculpts have exactly been an XM strong suit either. But going back to the older pieces, I would say SS nailed Tarkin. But they haven't really done any movie face characters except the Mythos in a pretty long time. Way overdue.

I thought Doku was pretty well done as well.. never owned it though

XM hasn't released as many statues as Sideshow did, It's understandable that at this point their track record is flawless.
I'm sure has time goes by, they will also sometimes shoot themselves in the foot.

XM hasn't released as many statues as Sideshow did, It's understandable that at this point their track record is flawless.
I'm sure has time goes by, they will also sometimes shoot themselves in the foot.

They have actually had some problems in terms of some weak spots that broke on some. The difference being that they halted shipments, fixed it on everything they had and replaced them for everyone who got one already. So it's not that they've had a perfect run so far, it's that they actually give a **** about their customers and fix their problems instead of hoping it's just not big enough that they can ignore it.

They have actually had some problems in terms of some weak spots that broke on some. The difference being that they halted shipments, fixed it on everything they had and replaced them for everyone who got one already. So it's not that they've had a perfect run so far, it's that they actually give a **** about their customers and fix their problems instead of hoping it's just not big enough that they can ignore it.

That is definitively great customer care!

Like others said before, I think Sideshow is now the EA of statue collecting and they grown so big that they can't manage do to these kinds of stuff like XM did.
XM will undoubtedly grow bigger, and with that less care will be involved I'm sure, but I'm not hoping for it, it's just the way business are

That is definitively great customer care!

Like others said before, I think Sideshow is now the EA of statue collecting and they grown so big that they can't manage do to these kinds of stuff like XM did.
XM will undoubtedly grow bigger, and with that less care will be involved I'm sure, but I'm not hoping for it, it's just the way business are

At some point they may get too big, but they're probably a ways from that. PCS has grown in leaps and bounds and they have gotten even better at customer care and QC (including have a full-time QC guy in china, which SS doesn't have cause "it's too expensive"). And Jerry doesn't want to get that big for a number of reasons anyways. Igo said it himself on sf that he would be interested to see if people would be all over the moon about XM after their "honeymoon period". However it's years later, people still love their **** and presumably they cried to Marvel about their license.

Back