Statue XM 1/4 scale STORM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have XM Lizard. Doesn’t look washed out at all. I also believe Storm is Pearl White with silver grey accents so it should still stand out. But I’m guessing you want her displayed in either a Besta or Stuva or Pax? You could Spray the inside Grey which I’m gonna do for this piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree with Lizard. Saw him on the convention. Looks very cool, a reptile basically hahaha.

great, glad you agree grumpy is an XM dealer or reseller who pushes XM products for personal gain. Now we're on the same page :)

Do you think Igo, Alex, Jerry, Gronk, and Sosa are disingenuous for hawking their products on the forums? Do you think they contribute to normal conversation or share pics of their collection on the forums? Do you think they should have to pay to advertise? The only thing I know about Grumpy is that he provides great pics and useful information to members here that are interested in XM merch. I don't care if he may work for XM and it's obvious that those in charge here feel the same way. I also know he hasn't provided any links on the forum that generate a profit for him because Dave and the Mods here would ban him if he did. I know Dave and the Mods haven't banned him for breaking any forum rules or doing anything wrong. So, unless Grumpy is given an infraction or is banned for his posts by someone here who actually has authority to do so, Grumpy is in compliance with all the rules of the forum. If the powers that be here have no issues with Grumpy's posts on the forum, I don't understand why anyone else would. It doesn't look like we'll ever agree on this topic. So, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
He posts neat pics and is in denial that there are any aesthetic faults with anything xm. There's worse fanboys than him lol

Yes i will have her inna white stuva.. i know i could use a different shade of light or use some paint or something but it would really bother me to have one cube different from the others. Might just have to put her on top

I believe a Stuva is 60cm as a cube and 120cm high as a tall Stuva. I believe Storm is taller than 60cm including the base. How would you have displayed her. I might just display her on top next to Scorpion and Moon Knight when those release

Do you think Igo, Alex, Jerry, Gronk, and Sosa are disingenuous for hawking their products on the forums? Do you think they contribute to normal conversation or share pics of their collection on the forums? Do you think they should have to pay to advertise? The only thing I know about Grumpy is that he provides great pics and useful information to members here that are interested in XM merch. I don't care if he may work for XM and it's obvious that those in charge here feel the same way. I also know he hasn't provided any links on the forum that generate a profit for him because Dave and the Mods here would ban him if he did. I know Dave and the Mods haven't banned him for breaking any forum rules or doing anything wrong. So, unless Grumpy is given an infraction or is banned for his posts by someone here who actually has authority to do so, Grumpy is in compliance with all the rules of the forum. If the powers that be here have no issues with Grumpy's posts on the forum, I don't understand why anyone else would. It doesn't look like we'll ever agree on this topic. So, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

No I don't, but you are arguing a completely different point. take a moment and look up the definition of "disingenuous". Igo, Alex and Sosa operate transparently... Grumpy does not, hence he is disingenuous and duplicitous (look that one up too). but more importantly why does calling him out bother you so much? you've spent 2 pages defending him and he's spent a total of zero posts doing so. he's too busy prepping his next set of advertising posts LOL!!

No I don't, but you are arguing a completely different point. take a moment and look up the definition of "disingenuous". Igo, Alex and Sosa operate transparently... Grumpy does not, hence he is disingenuous and duplicitous (look that one up too). but more importantly why does calling him out bother you so much? you've spent 2 pages defending him and he's spent a total of zero posts doing so. he's too busy prepping his next set of advertising posts LOL!!

I don't need a dictionary. Would it make you feel better if he had a official XM Rep title under his user name? Calling someone disingenuous or duplicitous is an attack on someone's character. You seem to be comfortable throwing shade (you can look that up in the urban dictionary) at Grumpy but he hasn't done anything wrong or broken any forum rules. He doesn't pretend to be anything he's not. He's either a XM employee or a XM super fan. I don't care. You on the other hand are willing to damage someone's character and want to make a member pay simply because he posts pics and gives out XM info. You want to create a different set of rules for him that the forum doesn't require, while all the time letting the other members I mentioned who use their memberships to push their merch off the hook. That's hypocritical. Look that up in the dictionary. You say I'm going on for 2 pages defending Grumpy. I say you're going on for 2 pages slamming a man's character with a double standard. Who are YOU to say he should pay for advertising? Who are YOU to say he's cheating this forum and making money? Who are YOU to apply your own judgment on any member here when he hasn't broken any forum rules? I'm not here to defend Grumpy. We are having this conversation because I tend to have a uncontrollable urge to point out hypocrisy when I see it. I'm just built that way.

Last edited:
So, that Storm statue! She's one gorgeous piece of art. I love how she looks amazing from all angles (I hate when a statue only looks good from one specific angle). I also originally did not really like the switch out 'carefree' head and arms, but the more I look at pics of it, the more I love it, especially because it reminds me of one of my favorite Storm images of all time.

uncannyxmen4491.jpg

Yeah, that's an awesome pic Northern. I love me some Greg Land artwork. I also, agree with you that the statue looks all kinds of amazing. XM knocked this Storm out of the park. I've never seen a better statue of her. Not ever. And I'm not even a big fan of her white costume so that should tell you how much I think of this piece.

Yeah, that's an awesome pic Northern. I love me some Greg Land artwork. I also, agree with you that the statue looks all kinds of amazing. XM knocked this Storm out of the park. I've never seen a better statue of her. Not ever.

I would have preferred a different costume (I prefer her different black costumes more than the Jim Lee), but yes, it is still the best Storm statue ever released thus far.

The EX Sideshow PF is absolutely amazing and I will always keep mine, but I've become a full sculpt only guy (no more fabric) so the one negative about the PF is the fabric cape. I also have the mohawk comiquette Sideshow did. That statue does not photograph well at all, but it does look nicer in person.

Last edited:
I believe a Stuva is 60cm as a cube and 120cm high as a tall Stuva. I believe Storm is taller than 60cm including the base. How would you have displayed her. I might just display her on top next to Scorpion and Moon Knight when those release

The height is adjustable, you can put the shelf wherever you want. I mean i dont want the cubes to be different in terms of lighting, background, etc. i will probably just put her on top though. I have scorpion coming too, you have good taste my friend :)

I just now realized the production sample photo posted by Grumpy shows no earring. Does that mean the earring is a separate piece...maybe magnetic?

I would have preferred a different costume (I prefer her different black costumes more than the Jim Lee), but yes, it is still the best Storm statue ever released thus far.

The EX Sideshow PF is absolutely amazing and I will always keep mine, but I've become a full sculpt only guy (no more fabric) so the one negative about the PF is the fabric cape. I also have the mohawk comiquette Sideshow did. That statue does not photograph well at all, but it does look nicer in person.

You are a true Storm fan with all those pieces in your collection. I like the sideshow PF but like you, wasn't a fan of the fabric cape. However, she's definitely wearing the costume I like most. I kind of dragged my feet with the PF mainly because I wanted to see what XM's Storm would look like. I'm certainly not disappointed with it. I do have a decision to make. I need a Storm for my X-MEN collection. The PF fits the Byrne X-MEN lineup I'm trying to build but the XM Storm just looks flat out phenomenal. So, I'm going to have to make a decision soon.

As for the mohawk COM, a good friend of mine has it in his collection. It really does look better in person. I have to admit that I do have a sore spot with that statue. I'd much rather that sideshow released a classic Hughes Storm COM instead of the mohawk Storm. My Hughes X-Ladies lineup feels so incomplete without a classic Storm. The best of both worlds would've been if they had released both.

You are a true Storm fan with all those pieces in your collection. I like the sideshow PF but like you, wasn't a fan of the fabric cape. However, she's definitely wearing the costume I like most. I kind of dragged my feet with the PF mainly because I wanted to see what XM's Storm would look like. I'm certainly not disappointed with it. I do have a decision to make. I need a Storm for my X-MEN collection. The PF fits the Byrne X-MEN lineup I'm trying to build but the XM Storm just looks flat out phenomenal. So, I'm going to have to make a decision soon.

As for the mohawk COM, a good friend of mine has it in his collection. It really does look better in person. I have to admit that I do have a sore spot with that statue. I'd much rather that sideshow released a classic Hughes Storm COM instead of the mohawk Storm. My Hughes X-Ladies lineup feels so incomplete without a classic Storm. The best of both worlds would've been if they had released both.

Oh yes, she's my most favorite character (and not just my favorite Marvel character, but in general).

I hope some day someone makes a 1/4 statue of her newest costume. I absolutely love it, and consider it to be one of my top 3 favorite looks.

XMEN-revamp.jpg

I just now realized the production sample photo posted by Grumpy shows no earring. Does that mean the earring is a separate piece...maybe magnetic?

Wow, I just noticed that now that you mentioned it. That's a good question. Hopefully Grumpy can give us some answers. I just want to be certain they haven't been removed entirely. I would not be happy with that.

Oh yes, she's my most favorite character (and not just my favorite Marvel character, but in general).

I hope some day someone makes a 1/4 statue of her newest costume. I absolutely love it, and consider it to be one of my top 3 favorite looks.

XMEN-revamp.jpg

That's the nice thing about characters that have multiple cool looking costumes....there's a great opportunity to create a lot of statues of that character. Hopefully a company can hook you up with a statue of her wearing that costume one day.

I don't need a dictionary. Would it make you feel better if he had a official XM Rep title under his user name? Calling someone disingenuous or duplicitous is an attack on someone's character. You seem to be comfortable throwing shade (you can look that up in the urban dictionary) at Grumpy but he hasn't done anything wrong or broken any forum rules. He doesn't pretend to be anything he's not. He's either a XM employee or a XM super fan. I don't care. You on the other hand are willing to damage someone's character and want to make a member pay simply because he posts pics and gives out XM info. You want to create a different set of rules for him that the forum doesn't require, while all the time letting the other members I mentioned who use their memberships to push their merch off the hook. That's hypocritical. Look that up in the dictionary. You say I'm going on for 2 pages defending Grumpy. I say you're going on for 2 pages slamming a man's character with a double standard. Who are YOU to say he should pay for advertising? Who are YOU to say he's cheating this forum and making money? Who are YOU to apply your own judgment on any member here when he hasn't broken any forum rules? I'm not here to defend Grumpy. We are having this conversation because I tend to have a uncontrollable urge to point out hypocrisy when I see it. I'm just built that way.

Wow so emotional. You’ve worked yourself up into a frenzy over a guy who’s not even defending himself (think about what that says about him). BTW I’m not even sure what’s got you so upset at this point, but let me try to summarize what I think you’re saying so we can put this to bed:

1) you’re ok with people calling out grumpy for being disingenuous and duplicitous.
2) you’re not ok with him having to pay to advertise because he hasnt broken any forum rules.

Is the above correct or do you want to write another novel about this? If you do please use some paragraphs, it’s hard to read 20 sentences without appropriate breaks.

Regarding (2), Sounds like you know the forum rules better than I do so if he’s not breaking rules that’s that (I’m still not convinced but doesn’t matter).

As for (1), I’ve been collecting cars, watches and now statues for 15+ years and the only folks that behave like grumpy are dealers, resellers or someone who’s getting some kind of benefit (eg discounts, free merchandise etc) from their efforts. I think grumpy is shady, and I’ll continue to call him out, I’m just built that way :)

Wow so emotional. You’ve worked yourself up into a frenzy over a guy who’s not even defending himself (think about what that says about him). BTW I’m not even sure what’s got you so upset at this point, but let me try to summarize what I think you’re saying so we can put this to bed:

1) you’re ok with people calling out grumpy for being disingenuous and duplicitous.
2) you’re not ok with him having to pay to advertise because he hasnt broken any forum rules.

Is the above correct or do you want to write another novel about this? If you do please use some paragraphs, it’s hard to read 20 sentences without appropriate breaks.

Regarding (2), Sounds like you know the forum rules better than I do so if he’s not breaking rules that’s that (I’m still not convinced but doesn’t matter).

As for (1), I’ve been collecting cars, watches and now statues for 15+ years and the only folks that behave like grumpy are dealers, resellers or someone who’s getting some kind of benefit (eg discounts, free merchandise etc) from their efforts. I think grumpy is shady, and I’ll continue to call him out, I’m just built that way :)

No , I'm not OK with hypocrites like you acting and thinking like you own this forum or are a moderator. You are so arrogant as to believe that Dave and the mods here either missed ALL of Grumpy's numerous XM posts or are utterly incompetent and don't know how to enforce the forum rules when (you think) they are broken every time Grumpy posts. Stop hiding behind Grumpy not defending himself. He doesn't have to because he hasn't done anything wrong. This is about you and your desire to be some kind of wanna be moderator and control what people here post or do. Fact, he has never posted a link that generated revenue for him. Fact, he's never been banned or received any kind of infraction. Fact, you are a guy who is trying to throw shade on another member and trying to get him to pay for 'advertising" when he posts. You act like you own this place or are in control of it. I don't care who Grumpy is, I don't care how long you've been collecting, I am not even close to being emotional, You have no financial stake in this forum, and you are not a mod so quit acting like you are one or know more than they do. Lastly, no I will not use paragraphs because my posts aren't that big. At least not as big as the hypocrite you are. I don't think my largest post can equal that. Now continue to hid behind the fact Grumpy isn't defending himself even when he hasn't done anything wrong and you think you know how best to call out members here whenever you perceive something as wrong. Even when it's clearly not. Your whole stance is based on your opinion and what you think this forum should do with Grumpy when the facts clearly show he's done nothing wrong. If he did, I believe that Dave and the mods here are competent enough to take action against him.

Last edited:
^^^dude break that up into paragraphs and I’ll read it and reply appropriately. But guessing from the length it’s a long rant :huh

On another note... moving on to the actual statue =)

Back