Xbox360 & Blu-ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Xbox will have Blu-ray in the future, but if it's a in builded one I don't dare to say. I rather think it will be and external one, just like the HD-DVD add-on.

If the xbox doesn't go blu ray then we may start seeing exclusive content for the PS3 over the 360. While you will get more levels and extras on the PS3 for $60 you will have to pay $60 for the basic game and then download the extras through xbox live most likely for a price. Take oblivion for instance. All that downloadable content at an added charge brought that game to about over 120 bucks where the PS3 version bundled it all together for $60. This is why they need to go blu ray, I know I would rather buy a game packed full of stuff then have to download it later and eat up precious HD space. this could turn the tide in Sony's favor if MS isn't careful.

I think that something will have to happen just because of space constraints.

I mean if Kojima was worried about MGS4 not fitting on a Blu-Ray disc, I can't imagine it coming to 360 like the "Substance" game did for original Xbox.

And I'm not hoping on either bandwagon, as I have both systems, but MS needs to do something. Maybe we will see a new SKU this year right around the holidays. Hell, E3 is coming in 2 weeks, we could see something!

If the xbox doesn't go blu ray then we may start seeing exclusive content for the PS3 over the 360. While you will get more levels and extras on the PS3 for $60 you will have to pay $60 for the basic game and then download the extras through xbox live most likely for a price. Take oblivion for instance. All that downloadable content at an added charge brought that game to about over 120 bucks where the PS3 version bundled it all together for $60. This is why they need to go blu ray, I know I would rather buy a game packed full of stuff then have to download it later and eat up precious HD space. this could turn the tide in Sony's favor if MS isn't careful.

See I disagree with you. 360 owners were able to enjoy the game a long time before PS3 owners. Plus by then most of the content was free to download.

They won't release Blu-ray games for the 360 even if an add-on or new SKU is introduced, because all the existing 360 owners would be out of luck. They will just wait and introduce a BR drive in the third generation Xbox, and that's when we will see BR games. Any add-on or new model will just be for the sake of movie watching on the 360.

See I disagree with you. 360 owners were able to enjoy the game a long time before PS3 owners. Plus by then most of the content was free to download.

True, true! And both systems have to pay for everything now as well. But only about half the stuff from Oblivion was even worth DLing. Hell, please tell me no one DLed the horsey armor! LOL

But I will give the PS3 the edge on the graphics. I played the ^^^^ out of mine on 360, well over 200-300 hours and when my buddy got one of the first PS3s and played that game I was floored! It looked insanely amazing!! Felt kinda cheated with all the hours I put in on the 360.

Blu-Ray will essentially mean nothing for the Xbox 360, they definitely won't make games with it so they don't alienate their install base, and they won't make a new version of the console that has a built-in Blu-Ray drive since that would drive the cost higher than the PS3 (which is important to stay below) and since they wouldn't have Blu-Ray games it isn't necessary to have a built-in drive. If they do anything I would expect an addon drive like the HD-DVD version sometime later this year, maybe a small announcement at E3 or something.

Back