X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you mad? :lol The costumes not only look like the Frank Quitely New X-Men costumes, but they look far better than he ever drew them!
Though they still can't beat the costumes from First Class.

I thought they looked like cheap cosplay. I see that they're like the comics, but I don't think it translated well. I think the First Class outfits were the best interpretation of the classic costumes. I'll even take the original biker outfits and the DOFP armor suits over these. At least those were more nondescript and weren't trying to mimic the comics. The big X might work on a printed page, but in a live action movie they just seem like a giant target on their chest. They should have hired some of the Marvel designers, who I think have managed to nail most if not all the costumes. Hell, even the WB Flash has a great comic to live action translation. However, I will say that the worst ones were the outfits at the end of Apocalypse. Those were truly truly horrible, so at least they're not as bad as that!

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh or skeptical about the movie itself. But I just didn't feel any connection to the characters or story, which is probably the fault of Apocalypse since it didn't give me enough of Jean to care about her or Scott. I guess that's what I think was missing from the trailer at least--they didn't really show why or how much Jean means to everyone, especially Scott. It just seems like this random character is turning evil. If I didn't know the story, hadn't read the comics, or even watched X Men 2 and 3, I wouldn't know how emotional her turn was, and how important her character is. And yes, it's also that the actress isn't really helping the character much either.

But I will definitely see it, most likely on Blu Ray. I'm willing to give it a chance and see what they do and how they adapt the story. I even watched Apocalypse with an open mind! The least I can do is give this the benefit of the doubt.

I get that the costumes are supposed to look like these:

3192661.jpg

Unfortunately I find those to possibly be the lamest looking costumes they ever wore in the comics. And they look even worse on screen.

Yea they look very stupid. And it’s a lil to late to now switch to yellow and blue now. The deal is made .

Funny how kinberg thinks fox is still going to make gambit lol

All those groups of anti MCU fans against new X-Men with Mystique/Lawrence profile pictures on twitter are after your hide for saying that jye. :nono

They attack Grace and now you're their next target! :lecture

Is snikt the leader?

Yea they look very stupid. And it’s a lil to late to now switch to yellow and blue now. The deal is made .

Funny how kinberg thinks fox is still going to make gambit lol

Doesn't he still think they are doing an F4 2 as well? :slap

Doesn't he still think they are doing an F4 2 as well? :slap

Yup he thinks they will be doing FF2 with the same actors . He’s like blind to the fact that Disney took over fox. Seems like some huge idiot

I can't even think of any jokes to make about this since the reality of them making the same damn film for 18 years is just so beyond stupid.

Remember 2005 when WB had Batman Begins, Sony had just released Spider-Man 2, and Fox was riding the wave of X-2? And Marvel had nothing but the craptacular Fantastic Four? It's like the rise of the MCU just caused all three of those once proud studios to go categorically insane.

Fantastic Four was fox too back then.

I’m sure the Fox acquisition is 100% behind the “Do We / Don’t We” scenario.

Maybe Fox is using the movie as leverage especially going forward with even making it in the first place, like why?

What advantage did Fox think it had by going forward with it knowing they were selling the movie studio.

Crazy complicated is what this is.

I’m telling you this movie might turn into a cult classic type of scenario depending on its outcome.

Snikt and pturtle are already lobbying for Congressional Film Registry protection against Disney locking this movie up and throwing away the keys they even started a kickstarter gofund me page called “Dark Phoenix not the Joker Guy” as a grassroots movement because they see the midnight screening potential of a Dark Phoenix Rated R Cut!

In the trailer it’s almost as if Simon Kinberg is addressing the repeating character arcs from this franchise by having Magneto say “You’re always sorry Charles, there’s always a speech and nobody cares!”

True :lol

‘You’re always sorry Fox, there’s always a sequel, and nobody cares!’

I love the die hard fans that will stay loyal to their last breath. :yess:

Obviously I can relate, lol.

So much better than the die hard haters of everything new.

Kara completes us :lol

Yeah forget all the 24/7 haters although my cinematic track record hasn’t been that great lately either thank god for MCU and Hereditary. :lol

True :lol

‘You’re always sorry Fox, there’s always a sequel, and nobody cares!’
Yup :lol

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that bit too. It's one thing to have 3PO say "here we go again" in ROTJ or Han say "so how do we blow it up, there's always a way" with a twinkle in his eye in TFA because it's the characters having some fun with the repeating themes that fans *like* in those movies.

But having Magneto be the voice of everyone in telling Professor X how pathetic the repetition is really doesn't bring the films themselves in on the joke, instead it's like they're admitting defeat, lol.

Kara completes us :loll

To this day I still laugh when I think of your pic of kara in a Zartan mask and trenchcoat hand writing pages and pages of complaints against RO at the theater customer service counter while his confused family just waits patiently in the lobby for him to finish, lol.

:lol I must have missed that one. Honestly, I don't have the time or energy to focus on the negative stuff, or I probably still would be. I'll see what looks good to me. If something looks bad or doesn't work for me, there are gonna be plenty of other options. I still hope WB can right the ship, but if not, no biggie. I can watch the first couple of Nolan films every once in awhile and watch some of the animated films when I need a DC fix. I do wonder if Star Wars has run its course. I was a defender of sorts of Episode 8, but I didn't really like it that much, and haven't cared for much of anything they've done past Force Awakens, which was really just a nostalgic shot in the arm. They're in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation where Disney gets critiqued from either caving too much to the nostalgic part of the fan base, or not enough. So I empathize with their difficulties.

To this day I still laugh when I think of your pic of kara in a Zartan mask and trenchcoat hand writing pages and pages of complaints against RO at the theater customer service counter while his confused family just waits patiently in the lobby for him to finish, lol.

Yeah that was one of my favorites as was the Putin riding a horse in a theater throwing a bear at kara lol

Back