X-Men 3 7 Minutes on Fox?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buttmunch said:
Yes, please don't spoil it for us. Nothing outside of the trailers or 7 minute clip please.

wont spoil anything but I'll let you know i9ts a worthy addition to the franchise. Way too short imo, I really wanted more and more but I'm overall very positive on the movie.

I could give alot away but thats all you'll here from me.

BUT: STAY TILL THE END OF THE CREDITS. I finish there, but make sure you stay the the very end.:D

Just got back from a midnight showing. The film is ok nothing super special IMO. There are some editing issues I think that if taken care of in a directors cut can make this movie really awesome. I do think they played Storm up too much and Wolverine not enough. It was worth going and I'll buy it on DVD.

jlcmsu said:
Just got back from a midnight showing. The film is ok nothing super special IMO. There are some editing issues I think that if taken care of in a directors cut can make this movie really awesome. I do think they played Storm up too much and Wolverine not enough. It was worth going and I'll buy it on DVD.

I watched the Midnight showing as well. I am very disappointed at the way it turned out at the end. As an avid X-men comic fan, the ending just didn't seem right. There was so much wrong with the way the characters were portrayed, that it's not even funny. THe movie was well made, great graphic effects, etc, but the plot just killed me. Go see it but don't get your hopes up.

Screw you guys, it was awesome. A lot must be lost in the translation from comic to movie and some of you just don't seem to want to understand that. A movie isn't going to come right from the pages, then it would just be a long drawn out soap opera.

I liked it as I said. It has some issues but it is what it is a comic book movie made to entertain you.

Darth Loki said:
A lot must be lost in the translation from comic to movie and some of you just don't seem to want to understand that. A movie isn't going to come right from the pages, then it would just be a long drawn out soap opera.

You're right!! The first two were decent and had a lot in common with the comic books. I know you can't take everything from the comics to the movie but this had absolutely nothing. This one was directed by someone who obviously had never read a single X-men comic book before. I was hoping after the second one that we might see the real Phoenix or maybe even Sinister or Onslaught. The director had so many great options yet he chose this pathetic ending. A mutant rebellion with less than a 100 mutant. What bull****!!! I wish Brian Singer would have directed this one as well.

carbo-fation said:
You're right!! The first two were decent and had a lot in common with the comic books. I know you can't take everything from the comics to the movie but this had absolutely nothing. This one was directed by someone who obviously had never read a single X-men comic book before. I was hoping after the second one that we might see the real Phoenix or maybe even Sinister or Onslaught. The director had so many great options yet he chose this pathetic ending. A mutant rebellion with less than a 100 mutant. What bull****!!! I wish Brian Singer would have directed this one as well.

You also seem to think that the director writes the movie. He's given a script by a studio and told to direct it. I seriously doubt that Ratner had much say as to what got put into the script. Fox studios pays the bills and you're a fool if you don't think that they have the final say in EVERYTHING.

Collector Freak said:
Told you it would suck...

I don't think it sucked at all. It was good but not great. I enjoyed it and to me and my $8.50 that's all that matters.

Darth Loki said:
You also seem to think that the director writes the movie. He's given a script by a studio and told to direct it. I seriously doubt that Ratner had much say as to what got put into the script. Fox studios pays the bills and you're a fool if you don't think that they have the final say in EVERYTHING.

If you are pleased with this kind of plot that you are the fool!! Arguing with you is obviously futile!!

Darth Loki said:

Actually he did change some stuff around check out this interview

A director has a lot of say in what goes into the script and frequently even makes changes as the shooting commences. I doubt Ratner is a final cut director yet, but he has just as much or more influence on the final product as the studio does.

Back