X-Files Line Canceled????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jocco

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So what's the deal with the X-Files line. Is it canceled or what. They're hasn't been a new announcement in 2 years. Anyone have any info?

"No line ever dies"-Sideshow Collectibles

IMO, and the opinion of most. Yes its over. Period.

With the new movie coming out next year, maybe it will spark some interest. Sure, it's about 5 years too late; but hay you never know.

It's not cancelled.

Trust me.

During Spook the SSC bods were VERY cagey when I was asking about the line and the completed Lone Gunmen figures that haven't been released.

I think we'll see 'em up for order in the next 6 months.

It's not cancelled.

Trust me.

During Spook the SSC bods were VERY cagey when I was asking about the line and the completed Lone Gunmen figures that haven't been released.

I sincerely hope you are right. I fiend for these figures, especially since I've been slowly upgrading the X-Files figures I currently own.

Checking Chris Carters IMDb profile (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004810/ ), it would appar his phone hasn't exactly been ringing off the hook...I know, how about a new X-Files movie!
Loved the first few series and original movie, but it don't bode well!

I just hope we see some Aliens and Creatures from this line before it's truly and once and for all dead.

It's not cancelled.

Trust me.

They MADE the Lone Gunmen. REALLY. Damn, that would be a great set.

It would be nice to at least have a creature or two emerge in this line, but I highly doubt it. Flukeman would be quite nice.

At least they didn't pull the x-Files web page off their website like they did Highlander. Being a Planet of the Apes fan myself, I find this fact strangely comforting. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

In another thread I passed on a rumor I'd heard about the next movie being a prequel set during season 7. This rumor has been making the rounds for a long time but I have to post a correction. Frank Spotnitz has been quoted as saying that the new movie isn't a prequel, it takes place after season 9 and it involves Mulder & Scully pretty much stumbling into an X-File even though they are no longer in the FBI.

Anyways, my point is that setting it during season 7 would have allowed them to bring back a lot of the dead characters and in the case of the Lone Gunmen a big-screen appearance would certainly help get those figures released but the odds of that are looking pretty slim.

Of course, they could always do a cop-out "they didn't die after all" story (which I'd disagree with, their deaths were actually very touching), they could go the "Scream 3" route and have them appear via an "if you're watching this I'm already dead" video tape or they could simply do an old-fashioned flashback.

I'm not holding my breath for the Gunmen to appear in the movie but I just hope the movie renews interest in the show enough to breathe some life into this line. I don't think doing characters like Flukeman or any of the various alien forms that appeared in the show is the right approach for Sideshow but I'd like to see some of the other supporting characters immortalized as figures.

Krycek and Skinner sold out and currently go for insane prices so the demand is definitely still there. With the Gunmen the best way to go would be to release them all as a three-pack because I think the majority of people would want all 3 but there would be people that would pick and choose and I can see people only buying Langley or passing on Byers (who is my favorite of the three but could be considered boring visually) or buying Frohike for the smaller body he'd likely have, etc. and forcing people to buy all 3 would solve that problem.

X Filkes...mmm...brings back so many memories...would be such a shame to think that the line was well and truly over...bring it back to TV I say!!!
Pointytail

It would be a dream come true to finally see, and get, those Lone Gunmen figures we were told (and tortured) that were already done. I hope they see the light of day with the new movie, but I doubt it. I wish we got a PF Mulder and a PF Scully. I'm not happy with the sculpts in any of the 1/6 figures (especially Mulder) and PF statues would be a great way to make up for that and to pay the best homage to one of the best tv shows ever.

I'm not happy with the sculpts in any of the 1/6 figures (especially Mulder) and PF statues would be a great way to make up for that and to pay the best homage to one of the best tv shows ever.

I agree that the 1/6th were lacking. I'm having new heads done for all mine, and I'm on a sculptor's waiting list for the Lone Gunman and Reyes. I would rather see another company aquire this license and run with it. I have no confidence that PFs done by SS would look any more like the characters than the 1/6th scale did. Still a lot of characters I would have liked to have gotten from this show.

It seemd SS gives up on alot of its line. I still have the complete X-files line, it would be great to something new here, hopefully not another Mulder and Scully again. SS needs to get more creative, so many possibilities.

I wouldn't be surprised when a new movie is launched that we might see something added to this line. :eek:

Back