X-Box Account Hacked! Help needed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bardoon

Super Freak
Reaction score
So the Chinese finally got me. :gah:

Early October I just downloaded Netflix on my 360, started watching some South Park and got booted off X-Box Live. That's weird.

I booted it up again and got an error telling me I was "not a valid account and needed to call customer support". Must've been a mistake right? Restarted two more times and got the same error. Something was up.

I sign on X-Box Live's website and notice that someone had used my remaining Microsoft points to download the Gears of War 3 weapons skin pack and then was also downloading the Battlefield 3 demo.

I was hacked. :slap

So I call Microsoft, they lock down my financial part but don't get around to fully locking down my account until the next day since my first call was around 1:30 am in the morning. Thankfully, the hacker didn't buy anymore points but he used up what I had.

My brother later told me he saw me online during the night and told me my location was listed as "Hong Kong SAR". Get a life hackers!

Anyways, Microsoft told me then it would be approximately 7-25 days to restore my account. I'm already over 25 days and still waiting. I know they trace scripts and IP addresses but it doesn't take THIS long to do something like that.

Normally I wouldn't fret, but this is "video game season" and I got DLC codes to cash in that expire at the end of the year! :impatient:

So anyone have any experience with this happening to them? Any advice or suggestions to help Microsoft get this moving? They are exceedingly slow!

Sorry I hacked your account. If it makes you feel any better I did have a good time playing Gears of War with the weapon pack. I wish you had more points to use though as there were some other downloads I wanted. Oh well, gotta make it up with the next guy. When they give you your account back I hope you don't mind the Chinese food smell I left on it. I had egg rolls while I was playing Gears of War 3 because all that chainsawing just makes me hungry. Ever get hungry playing games? It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I get so hungry while playing I have to get up in the middle of a match and get some food. That makes my teammates angry because I guess I'm just a sitting target. But hey, it's not my account so I don't care. Anyway I hope you aren't too mad that I hacked your account. I really have nothing better to do than steal from greedy Americans. I also recast a lot of Sideshow's products on the side for extra money when I sell bootlegs online. I like to sell bootleg Godzilla movies and stay up late playing on other peoples accounts. Oops, gotta go, egg rolls are done! Bye!

In all seriousness, I'm sorry this happened to you. It really sucks when people are ****** bags and do this to others. I don't really think there is anything you can do besides just wait for Microsoft to handle it. Maybe pitch a fit about it and try and score some free points from them.

Sorry I hacked your account. If it makes you feel any better I did have a good time playing Gears of War with the weapon pack. I wish you had more points to use though as there were some other downloads I wanted. Oh well, gotta make it up with the next guy. When they give you your account back I hope you don't mind the Chinese food smell I left on it. I had egg rolls while I was playing Gears of War 3 because all that chainsawing just makes me hungry. Ever get hungry playing games? It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I get so hungry while playing I have to get up in the middle of a match and get some food. That makes my teammates angry because I guess I'm just a sitting target. But hey, it's not my account so I don't care. Anyway I hope you aren't too mad that I hacked your account. I really have nothing better to do than steal from greedy Americans. I also recast a lot of Sideshow's products on the side for extra money when I sell bootlegs online. I like to sell bootleg Godzilla movies and stay up late playing on other peoples accounts. Oops, gotta go, egg rolls are done! Bye!

In all seriousness, I'm sorry this happened to you. It really sucks when people are ****** bags and do this to others. I don't really think there is anything you can do besides just wait for Microsoft to handle it. Maybe pitch a fit about it and try and score some free points from them.

:clap :lol :lol

I will actually be requesting some free points. Mostly to change my gamertag once I get my account restored.

Makes me wish that the competition between X-Box Live and Playstation Network was tighter. That way I could just threaten to go to their competitor...

Makes me wish that the competition between X-Box Live and Playstation Network was tighter. That way I could just threaten to go to their competitor...

That would be funny, "screw you Xbox i'm going to Playstation now", They would say "well okay, but you'll get hacked there also".:lol

Just curious do you have a PS3? Were your username and password the same on both?

Just curious do you have a PS3? Were your username and password the same on both?

Slightly different, but similar so it very much could be a possibility.

My password may have been the same, I have since changed it.

Interesting insight, thanks for mentioning that, I never thought of that.

Slightly different, but similar so it very much could be a possibility.

My password may have been the same, I have since changed it.

Interesting insight, thanks for mentioning that, I never thought of that.

I was just curious as the XBOX hacking is not widespread like it was with the PS3. I have been wondering if the XBOX hacks was a simple as people getting lists from PS3 hack and the trying them on XBOX.

I was just curious as the XBOX hacking is not widespread like it was with the PS3. I have been wondering if the XBOX hacks was a simple as people getting lists from PS3 hack and the trying them on XBOX.

That's what happens in most of the Xbox Live cases. Remember that ANYONE can get copies of the PS3 password lists on torrent sites.

Back