• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: X-men vs Sentinel #1 EXCLUSIVE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if we'll see the statue for sale again. I don't even see the Doctor Doom Exclusive statue anymore. Those damn exclusives do go up in price like crazy.

bjread said:
one ended last night for $910 (sniper grabbed it). This one is already over that. If someone wants it THAT bad....they can have it. I'll wait until this summer when the hype dies down. More people want it now because #2 was JUST announced. It will die down during May/June. Then kick back up when #2 is released. Just have to wait and hit that low time.

Dunno man. My instincts tell me:
1) Prices will creep up; there will be anomalies here and there, but it'll trend upward.
2) Mid-July...Comic-con. Over 100k+ people over 5 days, a percentage who will see the dioramas for the first time...let's say .001% are interested...that's 100 folks. When they find out it's sold-out, the first place they're gonna hit is ebay.
3) Prices creep up. If #2 ships on time--3rd quarter of 2007--you will see a Christmas and New Year's surge.
4) When they introduce the next dio, if it's wolverine + kitty, Heavan help you...it'll get ugly.
5) Imagine in a couple of years if the series continues to blossom and they have something like 20+ dioramas in the series. ; this statue will surely be the most expensive in the series because:
A] I don't think Sideshow is going try to replicate the complex multi-light affects again and risk all those defects/returns.
B] It's part of a series within a series.
C] It's simply bad-ass.

daelith said:
Dunno man. My instincts tell me:
1) Prices will creep up; there will be anomalies here and there, but it'll trend upward.
2) Mid-July...Comic-con. Over 100k+ people over 5 days, a percentage who will see the dioramas for the first time...let's say .001% are interested...that's 100 folks. When they find out it's sold-out, the first place they're gonna hit is ebay.
3) Prices creep up. If #2 ships on time--3rd quarter of 2007--you will see a Christmas and New Year's surge.
4) When they introduce the next dio, if it's wolverine + kitty, Heavan help you...it'll get ugly.
5) Imagine in a couple of years if the series continues to blossom and they have something like 20+ dioramas in the series. ; this statue will surely be the most expensive in the series because:
A] I don't think Sideshow is going try to replicate the complex multi-light affects again and risk all those defects/returns.
B] It's part of a series within a series.
C] It's simply bad-ass.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Darth Loki said:
I know...I know....but as some others forget about the statue...it will go down. A number of people looking now will give up by then. And MOST won't want #1 because of #2. #2's characters aren't as popular AND while I think #2 is KICK @$$, it isn't as KICK @$$$$$$ as #1. I don't think #2 will motivate people to get #1. However, those that don't have #1 by the time #3 is available will be up $H!T$ Creek.

BTW....My Idea for #3.

Since they probably won't do a #4 (which I think they should). I think #3 would look Awesome if the had a Sentinel hand reaching down (as from a Sentinel that we cannot see, but the one the characters, like cyke, are looking at) grabbing Kitty as she is phasing through it. At the same time Wolverine is slashing into the fingers to cut them off.

Now if they do a #4, then #3 can be whatever. But #4 would have to involve danger. This scene I believe is actually derived from AXM #8 where they fight the Upper Half of a Sentinel. Now #3 could also be a "centerpiece" where Kitty and Wolverine are fighting Danger. Beast and Emma are going towards Danger from the left (if viewing statues from the front....your left) Cyclops is shooting at Danger from the Right with Colossus holding the head.

Whatcha Think??

I completely disagree with this coming down. Like someone said earlier, this will rise with each release and announcement and then settle down after the third and final release (I'm assuming they'll only do 3). But when all is said and done, the first will be around $1800-2000 and the second will probably get close to $800.

ridimous said:
I wonder if we'll see the statue for sale again. I don't even see the Doctor Doom Exclusive statue anymore. Those damn exclusives do go up in price like crazy.

yes they do

I completely disagree with this coming down

I just spent 700.00 on a regular edition (still can't believe I did it), but I have no delusions that at some point this year this piece will probably be available for less. All collectibles have a cyclical lifespan. The prices WILL fluctuate. After all of the buzz dies down from Toyfair, I fully expect a drop in prices. It may be short lived, but I would be very surprised if they didn't. Have you all noticed almost all exclusive prices have jumped up in the last 2 weeks on the bay? I think this is an artificial market that will level off after a while. I'm no financial analyst and don't even play one on tv, but I've collected enough different things in my life to know that if you wait long enough...you'll probably get what you want pretty close to the price you want.

price will go down as long as no one reminds everyone, like posting ebay links to the item.

UPDATE....this came in the mail today....YES IT IS THE EXCLUSIVE:

VS002.jpg

Paid less DLVD than the last two auctions ended for.

carbo-fation said:
Congrats on the purchase! :rock

thanks....and KICK ARSE SIG...I LOVE IT. Where do you guys get little clips from the shows like this?

Back