• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: X-men vs Sentinel #1 EXCLUSIVE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bjread said:
you the guy who drove up the cost already??

If I don't win it today...I'll eventually get it. It does appear that I confused this place with other boards I'm a member on. I was just trying to work with people so we don't drive each other broke. But, I guess that isn't a concern over here with the "freaks".
I didnt even bid and dont intend to.

But honestly, look at this want to buy section. there's at least 4 or 5 people looking for the same piece. Not to mention the possible hundreds of other collectors who are interested all of a sudden after the new dio was revealed. There's no way to really "play nice" in this case. It's going to come down to who wants to spend the most money for it.

bjread said:
...If I don't win it today...I'll eventually get it. It does appear that I confused this place with other boards I'm a member on. I was just trying to work with people so we don't drive each other broke. But, I guess that isn't a concern over here with the "freaks".

Keep in mind this board isn't hidden like some are. Anyone can see and read it member or not.

I thought about it to use for trade bait but I don't collect this line so I didn't bother but it doesn't surprise me.

I bet that exclusive sells for over $1000. Just like Hansel, it's hot right now. :D

customizerwannabe said:
When dozens of people want the same item, that's how it goes. Crawl back to your other boards. I'm not an idiot. I don't bid with over 15 seconds to go, and I certainly don't announce auctions I'm interested in. Another idiot trait.

you ARE the idiot....you're the one taking things personally. I don't normally bid with more that 30 secs left (unless I'm trying to get rid of the BIN). I understand a lot of people want this statue. I was just trying to work with others here so that we don't hurt each other. But if you want to be an @$$ about it, the statue is all yours. Others will become available. I'm not worried. When It's time for me to get one, I will.

Wow...I can't believe such jerks really go around being such jerks. I'm amazed by humanity once again. Sometimes when you want to be a jerk....you should just leave.

Fritz said:
I thought about it to use for trade bait but I don't collect this line so I didn't bother but it doesn't surprise me.

I bet that exclusive sells for over $1000. Just like Hansel, it's hot right now. :D

one ended last night for $910 (sniper grabbed it). This one is already over that. If someone wants it THAT bad....they can have it. I'll wait until this summer when the hype dies down. More people want it now because #2 was JUST announced. It will die down during May/June. Then kick back up when #2 is released. Just have to wait and hit that low time.

That's the main reason I pulled the trigger. Didn't bid on last night's since the seller was vague when asked questions and had only a photo of the box. I didn't trust 'em. I figure tonights to hit about 1100.00

Fritz said:
Keep in mind this board isn't hidden like some are. Anyone can see and read it member or not.

Neither is spawn.com or the statueforum.com . Those are the two boards I frequent the most. I've found more people to be helpful in those places. Don't get me wrong, there are also plenty of @$$es in both, just like here. But not as many like to show it off.

customizerwannabe said:
If anyone showed butt crack here first it was you.

You're right....I did point you out first. I just call them like I see them.

im not sure what your point really is bjread. If I were to tell you, hey bjread i want to bid on your auction really badly, im going to set my highest bid at $800 so please dont outbid me. You would actually do it?

But what about the hundreds of people not on these forums who will out bid both of us?

Im just confused at how you really expect to "help each other out" ?

I've been watching that auction for a week. He steps in here and I guess was begging for people to back off of it. Maybe if you were a buddy of mine and not some smart mouth who joined last week!:rotfl

customizerwannabe said:
I've been watching that auction for a week. He steps in here and I guess was begging for people to back off of it. Maybe if you were a buddy of mine and not some smart mouth who joined last week!:rotfl

I didn't ask anyone to back off here. I said "discuss" it. Meaning who is REALLY going after it. I even said if someone here is planning on sniping it, LMK, and I won't even pay any attention to it. I also posted the REG edition auction in here in case anyone REALLY wanted it. I don't, I want an exclusive. I didn't even say name prices.

AND...I've been watching it since it was put up....was on my list after being up only 4 mins.

But enough....I'll post this reply....let it sit for 5....then I'll delete this thread.

bjread said:
But enough....I'll post this reply....let it sit for 5....then I'll delete this thread.
you cant delete threads

you the guy who drove up the cost already??

If I don't win it today...I'll eventually get it. It does appear that I confused this place with other boards I'm a member on. I was just trying to work with people so we don't drive each other broke. But, I guess that isn't a concern over here with the "freaks".

Don't you think this was a bit inflammatory after no one had given you anything but sound advice? No one was being a jerk. I certainly wasn't. Just playing a little. You got hyper sensitive. There is no such thing as being a "nice guy" where ebay is concerned. We are a minute part of a percentage of the people watching those auctions.

Dang thing went for $1080 plus shipping.....looks like I will be putting this dream on hold for a hot minute. :drool :censored :censored :censored :crying :crying :crying

I think we've seen the end of this statue being available for less than 1K. It's amazing that a few of these sold for under $800 just two weeks ago. I wish everyone the best in trying to find this amazing statue.

Back