• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - X-Men #1 exclusive sentinel head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbinny

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've had the diorama for a while and it's been boxed up, undisplayed since I bought it from the original owner. I checked it to make sure all the lights worked when I bought it and they worked perfectly. After taking it out to display it tonight, I discovered that for some reason the lights on the sentinel head don't work, so I need one that does.

PM me if you can help me out.

I was hoping so, but I couldn't get it to work :monkey2

Would cleaning the connectors with an alcohol pad work?

If you would have checked it two months ago, I could have helped you...I sold one on ebay.

BTW, your package goes out tomorrow.

What happened to this post a little bit ago, i tried to post this here bust said post was deleted/moved. Anyway...

the one I got didn't work either at first wither, until I cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol and made sure the fit was good. It took me a good 15-20 minutes because I was trying to avoid paint rubs (unavoidable BTW) and not break the polystone wiring below Colusus head. I was finally able to make it work. I'd fit the head on Colusus securely and then install Colosus on the base and I bet it will work. good luck.

cleaning connectors can't hurt. I've had to do it for my job. Many times these electrical contacts are cheap materials (especially on these pieces) and can either oxidize or have tin bleed through the gold contacts, so some rubbing alcohol and a stiff bristle brush is recommended.

You can plug the power adapter directly into the head. If the head lights up you have a bad connection elsewhere. On mine, the side spring leaf on the connector in the base where Colossus's foot goes into doesn't always make a connection to the outer part of the connector peg on Colossus's foot. I have just carefully bent it out a little with a precision screwdriver and it starts working again. I might try to put a small wedge of paper behind it to help it continue to make contact. I have also cleaned the contacts with alcohol and a little bit of a Scotchbrite pad.

I had the same problem with SIDESHOW X-MEN #1 piece. Eventually I returned it

Bad connection somewhere.. Bet it you play around w it you can get it going..
When I first got mine it wouldn't light up either, but I reached inside the head and gave the circuit board a little nudge and it lit up just fine. Try that and cleaning up the contacts, see if it does the trick.

great news!!!!!!

i decied to try it out one last time before taking it apart and for some reason it lit up perfectly. i didn't even have a chance to try cleaning the contacts.

no need for a new head anymore... this one is staying put.

Back