• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB/Dark Knight Viral

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean these don't exist? :)
kitpz.jpg

jokercardsharveydenttoo.jpg

gothamgirlguidecookies.jpg

Can I ask where you received those from?

I'm sorry, but as an avid student of "The Dark Knight" and the virals, my initial reaction is that some of those are faked or not actually from the virals. Not that I'm accusing you of trying to pull one over on us - I'm just worried that someone may have done the same to you.

I can think of one instance where the clown makeup kit was used, but I wasn't aware that it was handed out for keeps or was given with other items.

The Joker cards in the next image are what make me really dubious. For one, I haven't seen those particular stampings. But far more importantly, as far as I know, 42 Entertainment only used custom Joker cards, provided by WB, not cards from standard decks (like that Bicycle deck Joker card you've got there, with the extraneous printing). In fact, I doubt very much that they'd not only use a Bicycle card, but that they'd use the one with the extraneous printing.

The cookie box is most interesting to me - since it looks pretty damn authentic, not just a crappy con job. The only instance I was aware of the Gotham Girl Guides being mentioned was in the newspapers. Either it's real and somehow completely escaped my notice, or it's a really GOOD con job!

So do you mind if I ask where they're from? I fear someone may have been inadvertently duped. Either way, I'd really like to know.

I hope that you understand I'm not trying to be accusatory or nasty or anything. I'm just genuinely curious about all these things!

EDIT: Of course, the girl guides were mentioned on GCN and had a website involved in the virals as well.

Those are all real, you must not have followed the viral very closely they were some of the first things given away. Mostly for the scavenger hunt. They were given the makeup to put on while they did the hunt and the rewards were Joker masks, girl scout cookies etc.

Don't forget the Dominos Pizza Dark Knight viral stuff either.

I actually started the main viral thread at Superhero hype that got used the entire time after seeing the dollar bill on G4TV.

I will get some shots of some of the things I got during the Dent campaign tour in Philly.

Actually, some research shows that the box may have been collected during the SDCC scavenger hunt, where the makeup kit may have come from as well.

Still not sure about the Joker cards - it's conceivable that, since it was so early in the filming, that WB hadn't provided 42E with the Joker decks yet. Though their websites at the time would indicate that they had their hands on at least one such deck.

If the above is true, then those items are indeed truly rare, as they were not part of the national viral marketing - just one specific event and location, very early on in the virals.

Anyone interested in a more comprehensive look at the virals can check out the wiki here:

https://batman.wikibruce.com/Home

The cards are real Hay, I know alot of people who have them.

Heres a few of mine, I am in the process of moving my entire collection (all formats) into a new room so the rest is in storage. But the rarest thing I have are probably the Wayne Industry Bearer Bonds. The rarest thing I ever saw though, were the Dominos boxes with Batman imposter masks, and the Dark Knight trailer on real film that was given away with the Joker having made edits to it. Words popped up and said "thats me!" "Why so Serious" etc and people had smiley faces drawn on.

PICT1042.jpg

PICT1040.jpg

Wow! Very cool to see some of this come up again. Thanks for sharing, Deckhard!

A friend of mine owns the Batman cowl from Domino's. It's pretty cool. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere, so that was one of the few things that was difficult to obtain for me.

My favorite part of the viral though was the advanced screening! (I kept the "Jokerized" ticket print outs, but can't find them at the moment.) I don't know if any of you got the free press passes at the end of the viral, but if you did, I'm sure you'll agree. What a blast it was! :rock

To answer some questions. The joker makeup kit, gotham girl guide cookies, I want you Flyer, were all handed out at the San Diego Comic Con in 2007 as part of the virals. Goon masks were also handed out. The "I believe in Harvey Dent Too" cards were dropped off at local comic book shops as part of the virals too. A fellow board member here, I believe named Snake eater shows the cards in his posession as well.
There are alot more viral objects as well, big and small, however I only listed the objects from Why So Serious events in this thread as that is what I am looking to find from someone.

Also, just for clarification. The thread is a "WTB" thread which means that I am looking to buy these items because I do not have them. All I have are the pictures and the knowledge of their existence from reading many, many forums and messageboards. So if anyone has those items, please drop me a PM. Now who has the Joker bowling ball? :)

Wow! Very cool to see some of this come up again. Thanks for sharing, Deckhard!

A friend of mine owns the Batman cowl from Domino's. It's pretty cool. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere, so that was one of the few things that was difficult to obtain for me.

My favorite part of the viral though was the advanced screening! (I kept the "Jokerized" ticket print outs, but can't find them at the moment.) I don't know if any of you got the free press passes at the end of the viral, but if you did, I'm sure you'll agree. What a blast it was! :rock

I got a Batman cowl from Dominos too :rock

But I've never heard of the press passes and I was following this pretty closely back then. I got my entire family to the advanced screening in IMAX. That was a great day.

Also, just for clarification. The thread is a "WTB" thread which means that I am looking to buy these items because I do not have them. All I have are the pictures and the knowledge of their existence from reading many, many forums and messageboards. So if anyone has those items, please drop me a PM. Now who has the Joker bowling ball? :)

I missed the bowling ball by *this* much. I got to the right location over an hour early (didn't know which one at the time) and there were two guys there in Harvey Dent shirts. We talked a little about how this place could be it, but after I looked over the lockers, they only had key locks. No combination lockers. So I left. When the location and code was posted, I ran back over there (I was at a alley just down the street from this one since it HAD combo locks) and saw the guy leaving with it. Sassypants if I remember right. But now I'm convinced those two guys in the Harvey Dent shirts were the guys bringing the ball to the alley and were just messing with me like they were fans too. Because I don't think the Dent shirts were available to buy at that time yet. :banghead

Hey there, thanks for sharing that bowling ball story. It's stories like that, that make the event such a special moment in time. Still on the lookout for those WhysoSerious items, so if anyone has them or knows someone that does, please have them write me.
thanks

I got a Batman cowl from Dominos too :rock

But I've never heard of the press passes and I was following this pretty closely back then. I got my entire family to the advanced screening in IMAX. That was a great day.

I missed the bowling ball by *this* much. I got to the right location over an hour early (didn't know which one at the time) and there were two guys there in Harvey Dent shirts. We talked a little about how this place could be it, but after I looked over the lockers, they only had key locks. No combination lockers. So I left. When the location and code was posted, I ran back over there (I was at a alley just down the street from this one since it HAD combo locks) and saw the guy leaving with it. Sassypants if I remember right. But now I'm convinced those two guys in the Harvey Dent shirts were the guys bringing the ball to the alley and were just messing with me like they were fans too. Because I don't think the Dent shirts were available to buy at that time yet. :banghead

That's what I meant. The Advanced Screens passes!! :rock I printed my passes out and kept them as a memento. Anyways, I went too! I call them Press passes because other than the viral followers, all there was at my showing was newspaper press, etc. etc. I think I remember coming back that night and posting, and if I'm not mistaking you and I were one of the few who did.

That was an awesome night!! :rock :rock :rock It was my first time seeing anything in IMAX (and still only movie) and WOW, what a way to see this movie. That initial roof top scene was breathtaking. I remember literally almost losing my breath when I saw that! It truly was beautiful.

And congrats on the Batman cowl!!! Post some pics!!!! :rock :rock :rock Is there a viral thread where other members posted pics?

I found one of the dollar bills at SDCC. Are they something folks collect?

Definitely something for TDK fans.

I'd be interested if rberesh isn't (and if you're looking to get rid of it!)

Again, sorry to hijack this thread, rberesh.

No problem "hijacking" the thread..lol. Its great to share these stories and the items. I still however am looking for items I mentioned earlier, so I would really appreciate it if someone has those items if they would pm me.
THanks

The rarest thing I ever saw though, were the Dominos boxes with Batman imposter masks, and the Dark Knight trailer on real film that was given away with the Joker having made edits to it. Words popped up and said "thats me!" "Why so Serious" etc and people had smiley faces drawn on.

I don't know how many reels were passed out - I assume only one per major city (where they screened the third trailer).

I was at the Chicago event when the reel was passed out there. It was a Joker scavenger hunt around downtown. At the end, we were given unique Joker cards (with the "J" stamp on it) from the movie, which were tickets to the movie theater. There we got to see the third and final trailer screened for us twice, a week before it was released in front of general audiences.

After both screenings, they randomly selected a member of the packed theater and presented him with the reel. They said to him, over the microphone, that "The boss wanted you to have this and to spread the word" or something like that. It was a film reel, and we asked if we could project it right there (since we were in the theater), but the theater manager said no. We just thought it was a copy of the trailer, unedited.

Later, we discovered on-line that it was a Jokerized reel. A crappy version showed up on youtube, but it's also an easter egg on one of the "The Dark Knight" DVD or Blu-Ray releases, so a better version is now on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xIFjpL8m4A

(the fragmented and crappy editing is deliberate)

That's what I meant. The Advanced Screens passes!! :rock I printed my passes out and kept them as a memento. Anyways, I went too! I call them Press passes because other than the viral followers, all there was at my showing was newspaper press, etc. etc. I think I remember coming back that night and posting, and if I'm not mistaking you and I were one of the few who did.

That was an awesome night!! :rock :rock :rock It was my first time seeing anything in IMAX (and still only movie) and WOW, what a way to see this movie. That initial roof top scene was breathtaking. I remember literally almost losing my breath when I saw that! It truly was beautiful.

I still ask myself if I should've gone to that. I had the chance to go to the advance screening, but decided against it. It was the Wednesday before the release, and I had already purchased tickets for the IMAX on that Friday for myself and a dozen friends from college. I decided not to go to the advance screening, because I wanted to see it for the first time along with everyone else I was going with (we all went dressed up as the Joker and a bunch of clown goons). But maybe it would've been fun to see it with my fellow viral followers...

I noticed rberesh wasn't looking for a CFB ("Citizens for Batman") t-shirt. If anyone has one they're looking to sell, I'd definitely be interested. I was screwed out of one by some jerks who decided to take three when they were handing them out, instead of just one. (One guy hung an extra on a pole as a flag and waved it around obnoxiously in front of everyone and refused to give one up - it was for his "girlfriend back home" he said.)

Hi there, yes i"m mainly just looking for the Why so Serious items, and in particular the joker makeup kit bag. I do actually have the Citizens for Batman shirt and one of the boxes.

Dark Knight Viral updates

Hi still looking for a few things. Particullary a Gotham Girl guide box unopened and an original I want you flyer. I am getting rid of my mmx hot toys joker with a real joker dollar and also one of my viral goon masks if interested.

Re: Dark Knight Viral updates

Hi there, still looking for a few things. Feel free to pm

Back