Wow! Weta partners w/ DC Direct for Superman Returns!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt Weta's new stuff looks great but you have to remember the work they did with Sideshow was pretty ground breaking. I don't think anyone had really tried to mass market high quality collectibles like that and they were sort of inventing the wheel.

I for one never thought it would catch on like it has but I for one am glad that it did.

I think Sideshow and Weta do keep getting better and better but I think a great many of the LOTR pieces will be classics for years to come. They mark a very special time for everyone at both companies and for all of us as fans. This cannot be overlooked.

To me, they commemorate all the hard work that the artists did when creating the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. There is a lot of emotion tied up in there that goes beyond whether they look like the character they are trying to depict.

Now, these new pieces are great looking but I am just not that excited about Superman Returns as a film. Most of what we've seen in the trailer seems like it gets much of it's emotion from nostalgia about "Superman:The Movie". These pieces... especially Daily Planet only re-enforce that sense. I will wait and see for now.

Back