Wow ! Those HT _are_ fragile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moloch

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Edit: Sorry for the misleading thread title. Forgot the word "Alien" in there....

Can`t say I haven`t been warned by lurking on this board.
I was still stupid enough to buy the reg coloured Aliens Warrior.

1. the left foot ankle socket already came broken - easily fixed

2. then the left elbow joint just shattered after a gentle touch. I spent two hours repairing that. The arm now lacks tension but it came out okay.

3. Just after I had finished that, the left knee came apart. Once again after a gentle touch. No fall, no anything.

And all this 26 (!) hours after unpacking the critter.

>sigh<

I guess contacting Hot Toys on this is pointless, right ?

Last edited:
Its a very frustrating figure. I went to pick him up the other day and his left foot just dropped right off :lol

Edit: Sorry for the misleading thread title. Forgot the word "Alien" in there....

Can`t say I haven`t been warned by lurking on this board.
I was still stupid enough to buy the reg coloured Aliens Warrior.

1. the left foot ankle socket already came broken - easily fixed

2. then the left elbow joint just shattered after a gentle touch. I spent two hours repairing that. The arm now lacks tension but it came out okay.

3. Just after I had finished that, the left knee came apart. Once again after a gentle touch. No fall, no anything.

And all this 26 (!) hours after unpacking the critter.

>sigh<

I guess contacting Hot Toys on this is pointless, right ?

Thats probably why this figure is still available at normal online retailers. Its a bad one...looks cool when you first get it but then its problems become all too apparent - limbs breaking at a touch, paint flaking off with every rub. I hope its not your first Hot Toys figure. They can and have done far better.

This aint the only figure of theirs with problems. It's time for a mass complaint to Medicom! Add Hot Toys to that list.

Can I do a mass complaint about all the complainers?

I have at least one of all the Aliens. Aside from problems getting the hip socket in place, I haven't had any issues.

Me either, but I got the brown version of that one. Even so, breakages shouldn't be a badge of honour for Hot Toys purchasers.

Can I do a mass complaint about all the complainers?

I have at least one of all the Aliens. Aside from problems getting the hip socket in place, I haven't had any issues.

Dave I would tell you who is going to fix all of these issues but you already know who, and if I spell his name you will beat me. :lol

Thanks for your condolences so far.

But good news. The shop where I bought the model sends me another one for free and I can keep the old one.

Does anyone wanna bet how long this one is going to last ?

Maybe even 27 hours ?

We will see...........

Yeah, I think I'm going to stay away from the Hot Toys Aliens for now... maybe in the future they'll come out with one that's more durable, but I'd hate to spend that kind of money for something so fragile.

I've got a bunch of the 1:18 Hot Toys snap kits and I've already had one Alien break after a fall from the shelf and an Apone arm break while posing it (no way any of my GI Joes would have done that!).

Yeah, I think I'm going to stay away from the Hot Toys Aliens for now... maybe in the future they'll come out with one that's more durable, but I'd hate to spend that kind of money for something so fragile.

I've got a bunch of the 1:18 Hot Toys snap kits and I've already had one Alien break after a fall from the shelf and an Apone arm break while posing it (no way any of my GI Joes would have done that!).
samesies! my apone's arm broke the same way, too. wonder why it's just him...
anyway, i don't have any HT 1/6 aliens, either. but, my beef is they don't look like the movies.

You guys must be getting violent with these things. I have one of these sitting almost 6 feet off the ground, dangling on the edge of my tv. It's fallen a couple times ad nothing has ever broken.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

I touched mine, and the paint chipped off. Then for some reason, the arm decided to fall off. And a foot got lost somewhere. booo!

You guys must be getting violent with these things. I have one of these sitting almost 6 feet off the ground, dangling on the edge of my tv. It's fallen a couple times ad nothing has ever broken.

Maybe I'm just lucky.
get serious. this is a message board for collectors. nobody is "getting violent" with anything.
if your alien hasn't fallen apart yet, it will. it's made from the same cheap materials as everyone else's.
good luck with that. i'm not even going to bother with these shoddy things.

Back