Would you pay extra for Double Boxing 12 inch figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Would you pay extra for Double Boxing 12 inch figures?

Trying to make a poll but it didn't work.

Last edited:
I would pay an extra dollar or two onto my shipping cost provided that this was a standard procedure and not a special order that would bump my order down to the bottom of the shipping list.

I agree. I'd pay an extra couple dollars to assure that the packaging wouldn't get destroyed.

I was trying to make a poll but it didn't work. Curious to see what people thought. My last 3 Star Wars figures had some "dings" in the box. Customer service was great and helped out. But if it continues I would pay a few extra dollars to have it doubled box.

I think somewhere I heard it was like an extra $8 or $9 to have it double-boxed. Typically I am a huge fan of Sideshow, but I think doubling the cost of shipping to insure that my package arrives undamaged is out of line.

I'am not real big on boxes any more...I used to throw a fit if they a single scrath...But since have become much more talerant of a "few" minor dings...But if they arrive like Wor Gar's then thats different...Also I have never had a box come from SS with that kind of damage so I dont think I want to pay any extra for more packageing...If it was standard fine, but not if I have to make a special request.

I DO NOT want to but if it helps the figure from getting smashed, i probably would pay a $1 or $2 extra. I'm NOT going to be happy though.

Why not make the box a bit bigger in the first place?? Saves them time sending new ones and less hustle IMO.

..you know what, it really doesn't matter if the box is bigger or double boxed, have you guys seen the pics? Those boxes are crushed?? I don't know if double boxing would help at all???

Definitely no in my case. But I have heard of Sideshow replacing boxes that are damaged - unless its happening all the time I'd risk it and ask for a replacement if its badly damaged.

Not really a big thing either way, a package is just a package...................

Customikey said:
Nope. For me, as long as the figure arrives in good shape, I'm happy.

Everything else is recycling.

Ditto. It doesn't really matter what the box looks like to me. My Kit has a nice big dent on one corner... oh well.

No I wouldn't pay extra because it has been established countless times that if you have a problem, sideshow will take care of it.

There are those collectors that love their pieces in MINT condition, and I am one of them. I like my figures in their boxes, only because, IMO, they look awesome boxed up. But, seriosuly, would I like to showcase my figures in smashed boxes? ...I'm lucky enough that this has only happened to me once, with my Luke, and hope it doesn't happen again. :emperor

Customikey said:
Nope. For me, as long as the figure arrives in good shape, I'm happy.

Everything else is recycling.

Ditto on that. I buy the thing for the figure not the freaking box.

jlcmsu said:
Ditto on that. I buy the thing for the figure not the freaking box.

Another example of that attitude I referred to in the other thread. I don't like the condescending tone that I am less of a collector because I like to keep things MIB, and in a MINT box. .............................Larry

I wouldn't want to pay extra for something to be double boxed because I take my toy out of the box the second I get it. I do put my Bond boxes up behind the figure so I have the Bond with the movie poster behind him, so I'd be disappointed if one of those was messed up, but not enough to pay extra. All others go in the attic until they are needed.

I do feel for those of you who are mint in boxers (I've never seen a mint wearing boxers before) because if that's how I displayed mine I wouldn't want the box damaged nor would I want to pay alot for it to be double boxed.

knewby said:
Another example of that attitude I referred to in the other thread. I don't like the condescending tone that I am less of a collector because I like to keep things MIB, and in a MINT box. .............................Larry

I'm not being condescending. That was just my opinion that no I wouldn't because I don't buy them for the box. I said nothing of you collectors that want things MIB. YOU need to chill out!!!!!!!

Back