Would you buy 1/6 Beatles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy?

• Yes

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
Some of you are amazing.
No to 1/6 figs of one of the most legendary groups if all time, but another iron man, batman, or predator, and you start a mass wave of revelry, lol.

The Majority wants the same old ****, something new is nearly always behind on want than something redone again, for some reason :dunno

Enterbay seem like a company that would tackle 1/6 music icons.

Some of you are amazing.
No to 1/6 figs of one of the most legendary groups if all time, but another iron man, batman, or predator, and you start a mass wave of revelry, lol.

I like the Beatles but for me personally I wouldn't want figures of them. It would add a tackiness to the image I currently have of them in my head. To my mind, Kiss or Elvis work as figures but the Beatles or Johnny Cash do not. To continue that example, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth to listen to Johnny Cash and look to my side and see a Johnny Cash figure posed on my shelf. I struggle to find the right word for that but basically it's just something I wouldn't find appealing. On the other hand, I could happily listen to Kiss and look over and see some Kiss figures on my shelf. That wouldn't cheapen anything for me. For some out there I have to imagine the feeling's the same.

I have no issues with others wanting or owning Beatles figures though, just not something I myself would want on my shelf even as a fan.

I have no interest in the yellow submarine cartoon figures but id love a sgt peppers versian of the beatles because that was when they got more colorful wardrobe. the ones that are out are cartoon. the main reason i dont think that might happen is because of the greed in the jackson family and their may be difficulty in making the instruments aside from guitar.

Since paul and ringo ( i think) are still around their may be a likeness issue.

KISS were basically like comic book characters - flamboyant & larger than life. That's why nice high end 1/6 renditions of them would not only be cool, but a perfect fit really.

Same with larger than life icons like Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Bruce Lee, Arnold etc.

They transcend basic celebrity. :)

To my mind, Kiss or Elvis work as figures but the Beatles or Johnny Cash do not. To continue that example, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth to listen to Johnny Cash and look to my side and see a Johnny Cash figure posed on my shelf. I struggle to find the right word for that but basically it's just something I wouldn't find appealing.

Ironically, I remember Jerry Macaluso from SOTA saying that Johnny Cash was one of the best-selling figures they ever did. I'm pretty he said it outsold all the Street Fighter stuff.

In a heartbeat. I really wish someone would bother doing cultural icons, all we get are figures of action stars from days past and modern action movies. Bruce Lee and Michael Jackson are the exceptions.

Absolutely.

I haven't loved any of the customs, so I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I've got them tattooed on my arm, so I sure as hell would love to have them on my shelf. :lol

I would.. but then the problem would be from which era?

I would prefer to have 1 full set. Music wise, i like the later Beatles.

But what if the released a Hard Days Night set first. Would i get it, in fear they won't produce more eras in the future? Would i be angry if they later released the era i wanted? Would i buy still buy it, having that Hard Days Night set? Decisions decisions...~

I like the Beatles but for me personally I wouldn't want figures of them. It would add a tackiness to the image I currently have of them in my head. To my mind, Kiss or Elvis work as figures but the Beatles or Johnny Cash do not. To continue that example, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth to listen to Johnny Cash and look to my side and see a Johnny Cash figure posed on my shelf. I struggle to find the right word for that but basically it's just something I wouldn't find appealing. On the other hand, I could happily listen to Kiss and look over and see some Kiss figures on my shelf. That wouldn't cheapen anything for me. For some out there I have to imagine the feeling's the same.

I have no issues with others wanting or owning Beatles figures though, just not something I myself would want on my shelf even as a fan.

Why, though? Why is it tacky to have Beatles figures, but it's not to have Kiss figures? I don't understand where you're coming from, at all.

KISS were basically like comic book characters - flamboyant & larger than life. That's why nice high end 1/6 renditions of them would not only be cool, but a perfect fit really.

Same with larger than life icons like Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Bruce Lee, Arnold etc.

They transcend basic celebrity. :)

And the Beatles didn't? I guess you're right. There wasn't anything particularly special about them that set them apart. They were just a short lived, semi-popular rock band that a few people like anymore. Just run of the mill, basic, celebrities.:slap

I get where Grosby is coming from, but I don't feel the same way. Analogy would be a collector feeling awkward with a great actor in a great role as a figure (say, Daniel Day Lewis as X or Bogart as Y) but not with a Spider-Man or Predator, because they aren't as "classy."

I would definitely buy nice, high quality Beatles with good likenesses at HT/Enterbay-type prices. Don't see it happening because of the likeness rights issue, though. Every Beatles collectible I have seen has been cartoony, including the Yellow Submarine stuff and Kubricks.

The Japenease like the Beatles I think, Yoko and all that, so there is a big market, I suppose HT could make them in their icon range. But the remaining Beatles and Yoko are very strict on their image rights, so it might be hard to have official figures of the Fab Four.

For me, the best era for Beatles stuff is something like the Rubber Soul/Revolver period. The early stuff with suits doesn't reflect the music I love best from them, and I would like them all to look a bit distinctive. But I don't want them with facial hair or wacky, over-the-top outfits.

But I don't want them with facial hair or wacky, over-the-top outfits.

But those are the best ones!

20120821-magical-mystery-600x-1345646677.jpg

:lol

Personally, I wouldn't mind several sets. But if limited to one design, I'd probably go with Sgt. Peppers or the A Hard Days Night film outfits;
Sgt-Peppers.gif

a-hard-days-night.jpg

Back