Would you Accept extended CGI enhanced Saber fights being added to the OT Blu-Rays?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you Accept extended CGI enhanced Saber fights being added to the OT Blu-Rays?

• Yes, I could Handle it...

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Votes: 78 63.9%

• Total voters
It'd actually be nice to see a young Darth Vader kick some ass in his suit but preferably not added in any of the movies. I wouldn't mind if they did a 20 min short of something:dunno

Just go on the new Star Tours ride. The Darth Vader in my sig does some prequel saber twirling as R2 opens up a can on him with the ship's main guns.

:lecture This. Sure Yoda was all springy and stuff when he was bouncing around, but Vader and Ben are too old to be doing that.

That may have been so but then Lucas shoots his own argument in the foot by having Christopher Lee (older as Dooku than Alec Guinness was as Obi-wan) being pretty damn quick himself. :slap So theres room for saying that the OT sabre fights could be added to or enhanced...just they shouldn't be in principle. Lucas should have made the PT to fit with the OT rather than all this retrofitting crap.

I'd prefer they just remake the OT then keep changing it, Problem is for me now I like some of the SE changes esp the updated CGI ships , just not any of the character additions or changes. I'd guess for me I'd like to see the SE on BR without the Jabba dock scene, no greedo shooting first, no vader calling for the shuttle, no jedi rocks & nub nub put back in

Lucas should totally put age make-up on Ewan McGregor and pop him into the OT. That way, the same actor can play Obi-Wan for all 6 movies, and future generations won't be confused by that old guy...

Alex something...

Besides, he's dead now. Who cares?

I was displeased with all the changes to the OT the first time around. I like the OT the way it was no more changes please!

While I like the Special Editions (except for Han shooting last in SW and Gayden's head over Shaw's at the end of ROTJ), I think something like this is completely unnecessary.

In the books I've read about Vader ,even shortly after his duel with Obi, his fighting style was the same as in the OT. No jumping or twirling or anything like that. Just methodical, concise movements even against younger Jedi that were left over after the genocide. So no cgi enhanced battles for me.

Back