Would there be interest in a Lone Ranger 1/6 license??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about a LR license, I do think there is a severe lack of Western era figures though and have hopes of a Red Dead Redemption line seeing as the Assassins Creed was picked up, an RDR figure or 2 would be very very cool indeed.

I'm tired of waiting too, so I'm starting my own based on the Dynamite comics. Here's a couple WIP's

sneakpeak1.jpg

sneakpeak2.jpg

No "naughty bits" jokes here, it's just the stand:lol Horrible 2nd pic aside, my stand label is laid out, just need to re-print it on nice, glossy sticker paper. I just need a couple more things and LR would be done. Tonto is just getting started.

I'm sure Sideshow or Hot Toys could pull this off alot cheaper than me, but I have to think IF it's on anybody's radar, it's way down the list. They probably will wait until the Bruckheimer movie. Truth be told, I'm not even sure who has what license.

nice..............i thought of making a bash myself one day (probably from the original tv series though). what are you doing for his holsters & guns?..........stevo'stoys makes a killer set.
RANGER%20RIG.jpg

though kinda pricey.............:horror

nice..............i thought of making a bash myself one day (probably from the original tv series though). what are you doing for his holsters & guns?..........stevo'stoys makes a killer set.
RANGER%20RIG.jpg

though kinda pricey.............:horror

Thanks for mentioning that site barryo. I didn't know about it...and I see what you mean about pricey. Still, I saw some things I'll use for future projects.

Everything from mine, aside from the TT bod, is from Newline Miniatures or Battlegear Toys (the belts, holsters, and guns are from BGT). The Dynamite LR isn't all pimped out like Clayton was, so a "normal" belt will work.

I'll throw pics up in the custom thread when he's done-don't mean to derail this thread about the general licensing. But I'd be in for a TV show one, a 1981 movie one, a Topps one, and an official Dynamite one (barring it's not as good as mine will be :monkey3). And I almost don't care if it's 1/6, Mego-like, or 3 3/4. Somebody just needs to get on this franchise.

Jimmy (Hondo) made this Rig for me.

100_4508.jpg

That's sharp toylion! I think I've seen that image as I was looking around to see other people's customs. There are fewer than I would've expected:(. Is that the Captain Action uni? It seems like it's the best solution for a TV show project, but can't say as I'm a fan of all the black trim. Sweet display though.

That's sharp toylion! I think I've seen that image as I was looking around to see other people's customs. There are fewer than I would've expected:(. Is that the Captain Action uni? It seems like it's the best solution for a TV show project, but can't say as I'm a fan of all the black trim. Sweet display though.

Thanks Darth. Yes it's The Captain Action Uniform. I looked it up on Ebay and it was going for $129.99 and $149.99 :eek It was one of the last set before they cancelled the line.

This seems like a job for Go Hero, considering they've done other retro figures like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. Unless they specialize in sci-fi ...

Clayton Moore was a bit before my time. I grew up with the "generic" Lone Ranger by Gabriel/Marx in the '70s.

Since this thread got bumpage today, I just want to throw in 1 picture of my Dynamite version that's in the custom section, just in case there are folks browsing. It's a TT slim, so it's a good indicator what HT could do if they were interested in the license. He's not perfect, but he's looking fine on my shelf and he's 1 of 1.

LoneRangerDynamite1.jpg

Since this thread got bumpage today, I just want to throw in 1 picture of my Dynamite version that's in the custom section, just in case there are folks browsing. It's a TT slim, so it's a good indicator what HT could do if they were interested in the license. He's not perfect, but he's looking fine on my shelf and he's 1 of 1.

LoneRangerDynamite1.jpg

Nice! Looks pretty good Darth! Where did the Rigs come from?

Thanks toylion. That means alot coming from someone who has so many cool western guys.

It's a combo of a couple things, both of which are from battlegear. I got 1 belt that came with both holsters cause I needed a right and left one, but I didn't want the single straight belt. Then I got 2 of the other style belt which I thought looked best and only had a righty holster. Then I used the bullet holders off the belt I didn't want and glued them on the single belts fronts. So I guess the belt I didn't want came in handy after all and all I'm stuck with is 2 righty holsters. I really wish I could sew or something cause my custom bashes are put together really inefficiently.

Battlegear makes some cool stuff, but I swear the guys is colorblind, or at least the person filling orders is. This is the 3rd time I've ordered something black from him and got brown. No biggy. The brown will still work for something when I actually get the black ones.

That's what I figured. The stitching gave them away. Nice. I'm doing the same thing for my 'Blondie'. had to buy two Battlegear holster to make the one I want. I got sent one of the wrong ones too, lol. But he said he would exchange it for me. Still have to buy the shells too, but will do that later.

I don't sew either so have to search around for stuff I can use and alter. Like my Johnny Ringo outfit. It's a Dragon grey suit I dyed and fussed with to make it look presentable. Have to work with what we got. Keep up the Great work, love seeing other peoples hard work, it's inspiring.

Thanks toylion. That means alot coming from someone who has so many cool western guys.

It's a combo of a couple things, both of which are from battlegear. I got 1 belt that came with both holsters cause I needed a right and left one, but I didn't want the single straight belt. Then I got 2 of the other style belt which I thought looked best and only had a righty holster. Then I used the bullet holders off the belt I didn't want and glued them on the single belts fronts. So I guess the belt I didn't want came in handy after all and all I'm stuck with is 2 righty holsters. I really wish I could sew or something cause my custom bashes are put together really inefficiently.

Battlegear makes some cool stuff, but I swear the guys is colorblind, or at least the person filling orders is. This is the 3rd time I've ordered something black from him and got brown. No biggy. The brown will still work for something when I actually get the black ones.

awesome job man.............love this version. not classic but definitely a check in the win column.
the only thing that looks a bit off for me is the material of the mask, what is it?...........could be the lighting making a weird sheen though.

awesome job man.............love this version. not classic but definitely a check in the win column.
the only thing that looks a bit off for me is the material of the mask, what is it?...........could be the lighting making a weird sheen though.

No, it does have the sheen. It's a elastic full face ski/burgler mask I got off eBay. I have a strip of material that's probably more accurate, but I had trouble cutting out the eye slots. With this, the eye holes were perfect, I just had to cut the bottom off below the nose. It was a sacrifice, but I had to go with the better look, worse material. But the lighting certainly makes it stand out more. Under normal light, it looks good.

The "classic" version will be last, cause to me, it's the hardest. I think I'm doing Topps version next. It'll be a race between Topps Lone Ranger or Dynamite Tonto who gets finished next. Even with that, I'll do a 1981 version and a red shirt version before I tackle THE version. Perhaps someone will come out with one by then and save me the embarrassment.

i cant wait to see what's next. quick tip you could try with the mask material to take the sheen off. test a piece of your scrap with dulcote.........i've use it on fabric a lot & depending on what it is, it definitely knocks the shine off. just a thought. again..........great job.....:clap

Well I still have the bottom half, so I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the tip. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Back