World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I've said before,

The Tauren were obviously inspired by the Minotaur, a mythical creature that has been around for centuries. Same deal with the worgen.

It's not like they just went out and picked a cow and a wolf and decided to make races out of them, like they did with a panda. :monkey1 But not only did they randomly choose a panda, they made them chinese. :lol

Whether the expansion is great or not (and from what I've read, it is great), the pandarian race remains a stupid idea. Do you remember playing orcs, trolls, elves, dwarves? There are without a doubt some childish and silly aspects of WoW, but making these panda people a playable race is crossing the line IMO. I really hope that if they make another expansion, they take things a bit more seriously because the game has only seemed to become more kid-friendly as time passes and there are honestly no other decent MMOs out there.

:clap:hi5:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-NcU1YHXxw[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQurp9fbOwc[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IuSiI8mrQ[/ame]

Damn everybody be hating on the Pandas. I play a panda and I think she is one badass monk.

I'm selling a gift card from Blizzard which grants one free year of World of Warcraft and can be used immediately with a new or existing WoW account.

Blizzard gives these to its employees only, so it's kind of a collector's item, too.

The scratch area is obviously unscratched.

[pic]

It'd be sent via a certified letter for XX Euros, postage included. (X € through PayPal.)

Any interested members please PM me, do not comment on this thread.

Disclaimer: I'm afraid my offering this here may be frowned upon, but then this doesn't seem to be the kind of item for our marketplace threads here, whereas regular visitors of this particular thread may be interested, so please cut me some slack. If it's a no-no, by all means delete this post. I'll understand.

Edit: sold this long ago, so no reason for the pic to show any more.

Last edited:
Also double check that it's not just for PAL accounts or versions of the game.

I've been watching a very nice LP on the game lately and I think I'm going to get back into it soon. I'm waiting for a Scroll of Resurrection from my guild.

I might start playing again soon as well. New patch coming again too with lots of new stuff. At least they keep adding new stuff.
Love the dinosaur mounts! That's gonna be sweet.

Can anyone recommend some good WoW books to read? There's so much lore and for once I actually give a crap about it. I want to get caught up on...well...everything.

All that dragon aspect stuff, race history, who the hell that Sargeras guy is that I keep hearing so much about, emerald dream, Illidan's history, Arthas' history, etc, etc.

I've been playing WoW for over five years and I don't know any of this ****. :lol

Can anyone recommend some good WoW books to read? There's so much lore and for once I actually give a crap about it. I want to get caught up on...well...everything.

All that dragon aspect stuff, race history, who the hell that Sargeras guy is that I keep hearing so much about, emerald dream, Illidan's history, Arthas' history, etc, etc.

I've been playing WoW for over five years and I don't know any of this ****. :lol

I'm a huge WoW lore freak and have read most of the books.

If you haven't played them I highly recommend the novelizations of WarCraft II (Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal)

Then it depends what you like but in publication order:

Day of the Dragon - About how the orcs enslaved Alexstrasza and ussed her to breed red dragons during war2

Lord of the Clans - Great book about Thrall, his youth in Durnhold imprisonment camp and how he became a leader.

The Last Guardian - another great read about Medivh, good insights on Sargeras too.

War of Ancients trilogy - must read in my book (like the previous 2) story about the High Elves and how the Night Elves were created, the creation of druidism, youth of Malfurion, Tyrande, Illidan....The Well of Eternity, and more Sargeras and Burning Legion.

Rise of the Horde - Another must read by Christie Golden, about the creation of the Horde, the foolishness of Ner'zuhl, the treachery of Gul'dan, the Dranei, Kil'Jaeden and how the clans became a bloodthirsty horde, got corrupted and lost Shamanism.

After that I haven't read yet but I'd read anything by Christie Golden.
I've actually bought The Shattering (prelude to Cataclysm) and Thrall (I think set between Cataclysm and MoP).
I also plan to buy Jaina Proudmore Tides of War.

Cheers! :duff

Awesome. Thanks for the recommendations. I'd like to just get around to reading all of the books eventually. :lol

Since I started playing again I made an Undead Warlock and just got him to Pandaria a few days ago, and let me say...Pandaria is incredible. I still haven't left the Jade Forest but I'm loving every bit of it. It's the most immersive of the four x-packs imo.

One thing I've noticed is that the region and all of the quest lines aren't strictly focused on "KILL THIS, KILL THAT, KILL MORE OF THIS, AND KILL SOME MORE OF THAT", which I love. And there's not an aggressive creature around every corner. In some parts of the region there appear to only be neutral creatures.

Though it's not nearly as detailed or as fleshed-out, exploring the Jade Forest and the Pandarian villages there gives me the same feeling I had when playing Skyrim. For the first time in a long time I will actually put my quests on hold and go out and explore just because I'm excited to see what's out there.

Seems like they really put things back together after the cataclysm that was Cataclysm. :lol

Guys FYI Blizzard is having a Summer Sale THIS WEEK

WoW + All Expansion including MoP for $30. :wave

I haven't played in a few weeks since I got Aeonaxx, took a break to play Walking Dead, but I really have to get back into to do the Midsummer Festival.

Back