World of Warcraft Deathwing Polystone Statue Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully.... it will be at 2014 SDCC for a 2015 release. It will not be before that... but could very well be after. :(

really looking forward to seeing this one painted as for the release it's going to be a long wait :impatient:

Blizzcon would be a great place to unveil it. I can only imagine the nerd rage on the WoW forums once they see the price.

Can't remember where this is from but it's the best Deathwing artwork I've seen:

tumblr_md0ljyPitu1rihuyao1_1280.jpg

Makes him look much more slender, sleek and dragon-like.

great looking statue but dont see why they should release dweathwing before an illidan statue.

great looking statue but dont see why they should release dweathwing before an illidan statue.

Market reasons, I suppose. The Blizzard license has Diablo coming out in a pair of months and Kerrigan waiting to go up for preorder. With Arthas, this makes 3x statues.
Plus the Raynor 1/6 doll.
I can see they want a high end high price piece for this line to cover all market areas and price ranges, I can't see going for busts with this license so with Deathwing we have finally all covered - dolls, mid dimension statues, huge statues.
The Overthrown statue covers the diorama areas but I'm not sure they'll want to progress that one further since it was 1/5 scale and they are already going that route with the statues.

I really hope we see a Garrosh statue as well as Illidan. Blizzard screwed up the character, but I still love his design.

Garrosh_Hellscream_Glowei034c.jpg

He randomly went super-ultra-mega bad guy and betrayed pretty much everyone including Thrall, which was sort of his "mentor" for a while it seemed.

Blizzard's in-game writing just sucks.

For example, the crappy cut scene at the end of Siege of Orgrimmar. It's like everyone's personalities switched. All the major heroes/villains just seem like caricatures of what they stand for now. There's not one spec of depth to any of them.

Oh and man, I love how for the longest time we're all debating over who the new Warchief will be. No way could it be Vol'jin, since Blizzard said it would be someone very unexpected. :rolleyes:

There were just so many different twists and interesting things they could have done with the whole Garrosh storyline, but instead they simply make him the big dumb Disney villain with the patience and understanding of a 2-year-old. Varian's like that too. And Jaina, and Taran Zhu...uhg.

They should have kept him as Warchief and made him a true hero like his father. A proud, strong, respectable orc, though whose methods are more brutal and drastic than Thrall's. He would be the Warchief that the Horde really needed, and he'd lead them to a short-lived victory against the Alliance.

But no, he had to be the big orange hulk with no real logic or reason to hate and want to destroy everything.

Garrosh... has had a slow descent into madness since wrath. It Started with his anger at Varian being present at the meeting in the violet tower ( Ulduar patch cutscene/trailer). His rage builds slowly, over time.
This is due to his pride. Remember, when we FIRST met Garrosh, he was a whimpering baby, unable to cope with ANYTHING becuase his grandmother was dying in Nagrand. you do quest after quest after quest trying to cheer him up. Eventually Thrall Himself comes to outland, and meets with Garrosh, and it's his tales of His father, told by Thrall that finaly spurs him to action, Using his Pride.

Pride. Since Day one, Garrosh has been about Pride. Pride in his Father. Pride in his Orcish heritage. And when something wounds his pride, he gets angry.

To paraphrase SaoHao " When Pride is good, it is VERY good... but when it is Bad, it is the Worst, Most insidious thing"

Cataclysim: Garrosh ends up fighting a duel to the death, Which is the Old orcish way ( Pride in his heritage. Pride in his ability) with Cairne Bloodhoof for leadership of the horde. This victory is stolen fro him by the misplaced trust he put in Magda Grimtotem, who used the opportunity to Murder Cairne by posining Garrosh's weapon.
Having learned of the circumstances that led to him killing Cairne, Garrosh sends this reply:

Unto Elder Crone Magatha of the Grimtotem,
Acting Warchief of the Horde, Garrosh Hellscream,
Sends his most sincere wishes for a slow and painful death.
It has come to my attention that you have deprived me of a rightful kill. Cairne Bloodhoof was a hero to the Horde and an honorable member of a usually honorable race. It is with disgust and anger that I discover you have caused me to bring about his death through accidental treachery.
Such tactics may work well for your renegade, honorless tribe and Alliance scum, but I despise them. It was my wish to fight Cairne fairly, and win or lose by my own skill or lack of it. Now I shall never know, and the cry of traitor will dog my steps until such time as I can sport your head on a pike and point to you as the real traitor.
So...no. I will not be sending any truehearted orcs to fight alongside your treacherous, belly-crawling tribe. Your victory or your defeat is in the hands of your Earth Mother now. Either way, I look forward to hearing of your demise.
You are on your own, Magatha, as friendless and disliked as you have ever been. Perhaps more. Enjoy your loneliness.

This FURTHER Injured His pride, pushing him closer to madness...
The events of Cataclysim, Leading into Mysts Pushed Garrosh's pride SO FAR, that He called the Sha of Pride itself to him, which had two results.
1) It Corrupted Garrosh irredeamably, leading to his insanity during the Mysts Expansion.
2) the Sha of pride had been turned into the Mysts that sorruneded Pandaria By the last Emperor. When It Found a more suitable host in Garrosh, this is what caused the Mysts to part.

Once he was in the grip of the Sha of pride, it was Over.

It's not a "sudden thing" Garrosh has been building to a breaking point for a while.

As for the New warchief, UNLESS Blizzard changed their minds ( which is possible, I'll grant you), WE don't know who it is yet. We were told that the new warchief will not be revealed in patch 5.4, which was siege of ogrimar.
YES, I KNOW you get a cutscene after the end of the siege where Vojin says he'll do it.

But if you go into Ogrimar right now, Garrosh is still the npc warchief. We might see one more suprise this expansion.

Need a Magtheridon.

WC3 cutscenes put together.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfkiJXnSRM8[/ame]
Mag scene starts at 13:25

Wonder if we will see this statue painted before the end of the year.

Might help with scale.
SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-200.jpg

Good side to this statue is the fact the Blizzard art is behind it. Looking at how other Blizzard based IPs have come out; Raynor, Tychus, Diablo, Arthas, I cant image this coming out poorly.

Price will be my only issue...well and space, but I can make that work.

Wow amazing - im down for it - i hope they do Smaug from Hobbit

Back