Wonder Woman: The Movie.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Megan Fox as WW mock up

04808_WonderWomanThumb5_122_1049lo.jpg

:naughty

Last edited:
Wonder WHO?
While Warner Brothers claims the site and its claim is false, one should still check out this site for something I think every fanboy would LOVE to see…

Megan Fox as Wonder Woman.

The site is setup as 5 posters, each revealing a little of the poster beneath it, until we see Fox in the classic Wonder Woman gear. And she's definitely looking hot in it. However, I don't think that Warner Bros. is lying when they say the site is false.

While it is clearly an excellent Photoshop job, I definitely believe this is someone's suggestion, rather than a promise of an actual movie. For one, Fox is already signed on to play Fathom; I highly doubt she would be signed to play two separate superheroines so close together, along with her repeat performance in Transformers: Rise of the Fallen (we hadn't mentioned it in a few minutes, so I had to get that in there).

Besides that, close inspection of the poster reveals that her hairline, tiara or no, could not possibly go back that far.If it were, she'd be severely balding. Still hot, mind you, but balding.

Sorry guys. Someone did a hell of a job on this, but I call bull^^^^^. This one's just a cool idea.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

McG to Direct Wonder Woman Rumor

Welcome to this weeks adventures in Rumorville. A source at WB Burbank leaked to IESB on Sunday that McG is in the forefront to direct up coming Wonder Woman film. According to the article it would make sense that McG would be interested in making a comic book movie since the Superman debacle.

Let me be very clear about this, I don't know if he has been signed on or if his is just one of the names being circulated by the studio or if in fact it's McG himself lobbying for the gig. Could be any of the three.

I double checked with a few other industry insiders and after a few phone calls they confirmed of hearing his name circling Wonder Woman as well.

All I ask is that they don't make Beyonce the next Wonder Woman, as much as I don't like McG for attempting to really crush Superman, I would rather he be on board than Beyonce as Wonder Woman.

But Joel Silver was recently asked about Wonder Woman and he said that "we have to find a direction for it". If McG came in with a creative pitch then maybe they've found their direction - but I find that difficult to believe.

Article by Anne M.
Jessica Biel Reconsiders Wonder Woman Role

Megan Fox may have brushed off Wonder Woman as “lame”, but Jessica Biel isn’t as fast to dismiss the DC hero. Although maybe I should say she isn’t as fast to dismiss the hero now.

You see, Biel had her chance at the part back in 2007 and passed on the project, instead choosing quality films like “I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry”. Meanwhile, the Wonder Woman project hung around in development purgatory, giving her time to reconsider.

But! Don’t be fooled by the flip-flop, friends. Ms. Biel might be rethinking her decision, but she still has standards. “If Wonder Woman had the right script and it was really powerful and emotional and interesting, I would be into that kind of thing. I feel that sometimes the character development gets thrown to the wayside in those movies, and I’m really interested in that kind of thing. So if both the elements could be there—the physicality and a real developed character, whether it’s a Wonder Woman thing or a Justice League thing—I’m open to it.”

As far as the casting goes, Biel is athletic enough, but beyond that? Personally, I’m wondering what Morena Baccarin is up to these days. On the other hand, I’ve read that the Justice League filmmakers are eying Megan Gale for WW in their flick, which may carry across to the solo film. Time and telling, I suppose.

Now, I believe this is the part of the article where I’m supposed to make crude, sexual Wonder Woman and/or Jessica Biel innuendo, right? Sorry, Biel has never done it for me, so I’m finding the innuendo-summoning difficult. To make it up to you, here’s a picture of Jessica in a swimsuit.

jessica-biel-wonder-woman.jpg

Oooh, hang about, I’ve got one! She’s a “real developed character”, all right. Eh? Eh? No? What about this, then: Oh, I’ll bet you’re into “that kind of thing”, Jessica. Better?

A couple of tidbits on this front

ZZ2DA21889.jpg

This past week it was revealed on WENN (via cinematical) that actress Jennifer Love Hewitt is “fighting so hard” to be cast in the title role in Warner Bros/DC adaptation of Wonder Woman. Love Hewitt is quoted as saying:

“I really want to play Wonder Woman. I’m obsessed with Wonder Woman.”

The studio recently promised that the project was in active development, but we don’t know how close Warner Bros is to ato moving forward — remember, the adaptation has been in various stages of development for years.

Nicolas Winding Refn Would Love to Direct Wonder Woman
Posted on Thursday, May 13th, 2010 by Russ Fischer

Whoa. Color me psyched. Regular readers know that a few of us here at /Film are big fans of Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn, thanks to films like the Pusher series and Bronson.

Refn has made small, non-studio pictures so far, though the upcoming Drive, with Ryan Gosling, brings him closer to the studio fold. But if Refn does do a big studio movie, which is something he’s not actively avoiding, he’s got one in mind: Wonder Woman. Does that seem crazy? Frankly, yes, but there’s video of Refn talking about it.

A BBC video interview from a couple weeks back ends with Refn talking about how his stock changed in Hollywood after Bronson, and what he’d like to do, should he make a studio picture.

After Valhalla Rising I thought the most surprising thing for me would be to go to Los Angeles and do a studio movie. Coming from a movie where I had complete control — I also own the movie — and had complete, kind of like, accessibility around me, and then going to Hollywood and doing a film within the studio, which is very much the opposite, I thought could be a very interesting experience for me.

I guess one of the aims I am having, but at the very early stage, I always wanted to do Wonder Woman as a feature film…Well, I would say that Wonder Woman is probably something that, to me, would be not just a satisfaction, but almost a [catharsis], and I was born to make it.

So…is he joking? Doesn’t seem like it, though the interview is cut up enough that it is possible. The smile on Refn’s face when he mentions the title seems to be more “yeah, I know it’s a weird choice” than “I’m messing with you.” But it could be him having a laugh.

And note that this is not a ‘Warner Bros. has attached/hired Refn’ article, as much as I’d like that to be the case. It is just him saying he’d like to do the movie, but with some language in there (’at the very early stage’) that suggests he has had conversations with the studio about it.

Why do I love this idea so much? In part because Wonder Woman has long been in development under the eye of Joel Silver, who has never seemed like the ideal guy for the job. OK, he helped shepherd at least one significant female character to the screen in the form of Trinity in The Matrix. But in general, the Silver sense of bombast doesn’t seem like the right fit for Wonder Woman. But with a director like Refn, things might really cook. Refn has his intuitive and empathetic faculties in full working order, but can also deliver very effective action.

The Wonder Woman comments come just after this statement about his standing after Bronson:

I wouldn’t say that I got mainstream offers, but I think that lot of young actors, especially in Hollywood, wanted to do their Bronson, so I got flooded with talent from over there, which was a great opportunity.

That would seem to link to the Ryan Gosling-starring Drive, which could be one of Refn’s next couple films. And, given what he’s done Tom Hardy in Bronson, I can also see many actresses thinking that they’d be in good hands playing Wonder Woman for Refn.

JLH def has the "goods" for the role, lol, not sure she is as tall and imposing as WW should be though.

So....I've been keeping up on all the tabs & updates concerning the WW live action movie. I've heard many different pitches & ideas on how to handle the movie adaption. I've even heard that a script has been hammered out & waiting to go. But sadly I feel all of these efforts will be in vain. If WW keeps heading down the road that so many (producer & fan boy alike) are hell bent on sending her down, then I fear WW will end up making Spiderman 3 & Xman 3 look like Oscar worthy films. Here's the major problem as I see it.

Producer & fan boy have TOTALLY gotten lost in the mythos of WW's back story. WW's back story is fine for "window dressing & iceing on the cake", but its just there to give ryme to reason. To make her seem a little more grounded. But WW is now & has always been an icon of American Democracy, freedom, & let's not forget women's liberation!

WW was born or created in a super charged political atmosphear. Not only was the 3rd Axis threatening world freedom, but it had only been a couple of decades since Alice Paul & her following group of Womens Sufferagest chained them selves to the gates of the Wite House & held up signs calling Pres Wilson......"Kiser" (or how ever its spelled, you get my drift tho). The 40ies marked the dawn of the modern woman. Like the saying goes "nessity is the mother of invention". Well women were not exactly an "invention" & Civil Right were more of a concept at the time. But still women were being put to work to fill the voids left me enlisted men.

This is one of the major reasons the 70ies tv show went over so well. It slipped in under the noses of men who didn't want to be preached to about "the modern woman". So men & there "Alpha-male society" may have been less than willing to entertain women's lib crap that aired every Wed night at 8:00pm, but they ARE willing to relive the glory of the world wars. & WW was a huge part of the era that it made perfect sense to launch the tv series set in the WW2 era. Once the show had become a smash hit, it was easy as pie to step in to the "present". Or at least what WAS the present. As the show migrated in to 70ies the comics followed suit. Long gone was the "secretary" version of Diana Prince. Now both comic & tv show alike showcased a modern woman. The comic even went so far as to do away with WW's iconic American Flag costume. & let's not forget all the TRULY FABULOUS run way calabur outfits Linda Carter wore. The cloths were to current & stylish that it became half the fun seeing her spin out of designer lables & in to the Amazon Princess!

But all the "Barbie fashion" aside, what was going on even more was something that would forever re-shape the American work force. Alto women found (or should I say earned), their way in to the Alpha-male work force in the post war era, they still were thaught of as 3rd class citizens who clung to their husband's wallets rather then make a living for them self. The 70ies however changed all that!!

ENTER THE COMPUTER ERA! IRAC to be exact. The IRAC computer was a crude box of lights by todays standards (hell my PDA would run rings around good ol IRAC), but back then it was the latest & the greatest thing to come alone...........well next to WW.

The introduction of the 1st computers in the work place with all their Magnetic tape glory was the "Herold" of the modern woman (dare I say even the real life Wonder Women of today generation). For the 1st time in history women could stand toe to toe with their male counter parts & perfom a job that didn't require "high octane testosterone" to get the job done.

So the 70ies marked & the dawn of the modern woman. Not only was she being seen as inteligent, but also an equal. BUT......equality for women was still very much in its infantacy. Sexual harrassment was still a new concept, & many women were cluless that laws had been freshly written to protect her for all the grab ass horse play they were still subject to. Which is why the 2nd season of WW went over to world wide standing ovations. Women every where were starting to find their voice & learn to speak their mind..........& all because of a comic book character. Dare I say NO COMIC BOOK CHARACTER DC or Marvel has ever had such a real life impact on global society as WW did.

Ok.....now let step into OUR present day. Who is todays woman?? What challanges does she face? Has she gained ground or lost it interms of Civil Rights? All to often we see todays woman regress to her sexuality to get what she wants from her male counter part. We see todays modern woman using her sexapeal as a weapon (& for some a weapon of mass distuction)lol.

Are these the things todays WW should address in the live action movie? Altho I would agree to keep the preaching to a minium, it would still be a great disservice to the HUB of what WW is all about to just tap lightly on it & move on to the next decapitation of what ever monster. It is my opinion that for the WW movie to be a success it must stand for something. The modern woman & her plight must be decoded 1st & then go from there.

When done right both sexes will love the film. It can be a film the moves us forward & well as entertain us. WW & her mythos has much to bare. Like I said, no other character has shaped American society & WW has. This movie must bridge the gap between sexes, it must bridge the gap between terrorisum & democracy & give hope to the world.

This movie must speak to the under dog regardless of sex, sexual oriantation, race, religion, fat thin, run way beautiful, or just plain jane. This movie must find a happy medium between the monsters of sy fy & the real life monsters like............SARAH PALIN (there I said it so what LOL).

Its my hope that Wonder Woman can help us all be.............less afraid of the world we live in. Not because there is a Hero watching over us.......but because there's one living deep inside of us. When discrimination raises its head, or the boss fires us with out cause, when the oppertunity is there to steal it instead of paying for it.........when he has beaten you black & blue.

When she has walked out on you & taken everything you ever loved, when the taste of gun oil trickles down your throat & your finger is on the trigger, when you've lead the nation to the best of your ability & the only choice left are nuclear arms codes, when you feel like you just can't watch another child walk in to a viliage & blow them self up.......

It is then that the Wonder Woman in us all must steady out hand with the wisdom & power of the "gods".

So here's to hoping they get it right.

My money is still on a Russian supermodel! any of those power houses will do just fine.....will not any but you know.

Gemma would be good. She has the moves and overall look, but there is something lacking.

Xena would have been perfect. Would...

JLH... nope.

Biel... I don;t think so either.

wonder woman is more than a body, while the the look of the amazon is important, the most important thing will be acting ability. Zena would not be perfect - acting was terrible.

honestly i haven't seen anyone who can intimidate with the amazonian build and act, and i've been waiting too long for a wonder woman movie to see someone like JLH play her.

NO SKINNY GIRLS PLEASE!

Some movement on this front?

Rumor: Wonder Woman Film in 2013?
Saturday, July 2, 2011

MMM has received word from a new source close to Warner Bros. indicating the studio is developing a Wonder Woman film for a potential 2013 release.

This news comes as a surprise with so little time having passed since the Wonder Woman television pilot was passed on by NBC. While this new source appears to be legitimate, take this news with a grain of salt. Even our source admits that the project is in very early developmental stages, meaning that Warner Bros. is far off from actually committing to this production.

Keep in mind that the trajectory of this project, like all other DCE projects currently in development, could change drastically if Warner Bros. goes back to the drawing board after the underwhelming box office performance of Green Lantern.

This isn't unheard of since they had Smallville and Superman Returns hitting at the same time without really any issue. DC definitely needs whatever they can get on screen to help fight off Marvel.

Back