Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Common issues for this piece include broken/chipped hair, hair not fitting on the head, broken spears, hands not fitting snuggly/aligned with the arms, googly eyes, bumps in legs, pock marks in skin, sloppy paint on hands, bubbles in shield, sloppy paint on crown, foot not fitting into base, paint chips on the base...

I think these are most common. Mine for example had broken hair, a small bubble in the shield. They sent replacements for both. The new shield had duller paint than the original so it was worse off. The new hair came with an exposed metal wire and a chunk missing. They're sending me a 3rd replacement for the hair.

Wow. Sounds like I'll be lucky if there's only one issue. Thanks for the info Hannibal.

Wow. Sounds like I'll be lucky if there's only one issue. Thanks for the info Hannibal.

If you have only one issue, you will definitely be lucky. My only issue was that the foot doesn't fit all the way into the base. She looks fine and the rest of her turned out nice so I didn't think it was worth it to try for a replacement.

For some reason, i thought the EX was sold out on this...dayum!

It was put on Waitlist for a bit, but I sense there have been some returns/cancellations that outpaced the waitlist. This may have to do with defective statues coupled with the fallout from the Port Strike.

Let's not forget that 3500 on the EX is a ton of statues.

I got my replacement hair and it arrived with part of it broken, but I think I can glue it and it won't be noticeable. Have to wait until I get home to see if it fits on her head correctly.

I got my replacement hair and it arrived with part of it broken, but I think I can glue it and it won't be noticeable. Have to wait until I get home to see if it fits on her head correctly.

Dang GZ, you really have had a tough time with her...

I agree that SS needs to make QC a priority. I know the mods are trying to keep things civil, which is good, but I think I've earned some leeway to be a little irritable and should be able to express it as long as I'm not going on a swearing tirade. Just on this statue alone I needed a full replacement then needed the hair replaced again then that replacement arrived broken. I should be able to fix it with glue and will keep it as long as it fits on her head correctly but shouldn't have to go through this to get a good piece (much less have to fix the pieces I receive). I'm a huge SS fan and have spent a shocking amount of money on their pieces but I feel like they're testing my loyalty lately. 4 of the last 7 statues I've gotten from them have had big issues.

Dang! Mate... that is really frustrating to see. How hard is it to ensure a safe product? This is what gets me when others defend the QC issues, not when you have others getting the recurring problems. It's clearly an issue with the build of the statue and materials, they appear to package things quite well.

I agree that SS needs to make QC a priority. I know the mods are trying to keep things civil, which is good, but I think I've earned some leeway to be a little irritable and should be able to express it as long as I'm not going on a swearing tirade. Just on this statue alone I needed a full replacement then needed the hair replaced again then that replacement arrived broken. I should be able to fix it with glue and will keep it as long as it fits on her head correctly but shouldn't have to go through this to get a good piece (much less have to fix the pieces I receive). I'm a huge SS fan and have spent a shocking amount of money on their pieces but I feel like they're testing my loyalty lately. 4 of the last 7 statues I've gotten from them have had big issues.

Dang Zod, you have been through the ringer! I have to admit I have been VERY lucky...CW turned out really nice for me and WW had 2 super minor issues that didn't bother me. But I feel ya because WW was a must have for me so I was prepared to deal with a lot of BS had I gotten a rather flawed piece. It's great to just return for a full refund but for these must haves, it gets tricky.

I think I've earned some leeway as well since I've been collecting their statues for eight years. My last post just got deleted because someone (I'm guessing Ink) didn't agree with it. It contained no swearing or insults whatsoever. I guess I'm not allowed to criticize Sideshow even though I spend my hard earned money on their products. I see Ink constantly bashing PCS, so in all fairness he should delete his own posts. What's the point of a forum if you can't voice your opinion?

Dang Zod, you have been through the ringer! I have to admit I have been VERY lucky...CW turned out really nice for me and WW had 2 super minor issues that didn't bother me. But I feel ya because WW was a must have for me so I was prepared to deal with a lot of BS had I gotten a rather flawed piece. It's great to just return for a full refund but for these must haves, it gets tricky.

Exactly--I've been looking forward to getting her since they announced she was getting released.

That definitely sucks McD. It really takes the fun out of collecting when opening a highly anticipated statue and being let down when it arrives damage. It's normal to be irritated and voicing it out here. It also helps other collector to keep an eye on parts that is more fragile, etc.

Common issues for this piece include broken/chipped hair, hair not fitting on the head, broken spears, hands not fitting snuggly/aligned with the arms, googly eyes, bumps in legs, pock marks in skin, sloppy paint on hands, bubbles in shield, sloppy paint on crown, foot not fitting into base, paint chips on the base...

I think these are most common. Mine for example had broken hair, a small bubble in the shield. They sent replacements for both. The new shield had duller paint than the original so it was worse off. The new hair came with an exposed metal wire and a chunk missing. They're sending me a 3rd replacement for the hair.

Is that it? :rotfl

Got my replacement body and spear hand.

The lasso arrived completely deformed. Bummer. But to top things off, she doesn't fit in the original base. Her front foot hovers and doesn't even come close to the peg. I obviously wouldn't want to display her like this because it looks ridiculous, and over time would only increase the odds of the back leg cracking under the stress.

Pretty disheartened. This thing was $400. That is A LOT of money. Hopefully SS can work with me.

2015-04-13.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Got my replacement body and spear hand.

The lasso arrived completely deformed. Bummer. But to top things off, she doesn't fit in the original base. Her front foot hovers and doesn't even come close to the peg. I obviously wouldn't want to display her like this because it looks ridiculous, and over time would only increase the odds of the back leg cracking under the stress.

Pretty disheartened. This thing was $400. That is A LOT of money. Hopefully SS can work with me.

View attachment 179223

View attachment 179224

Mannnnnnn. QC strikes again. Maybe the peg in the back foot was too long? Or the hole not deep enough?

I posted a pictures a few days back of my issues with my second try at the WW pf but overall its not terrible only pinholes are small in one area which I can live with and some sloppy paint...maybe ill do a repaint in a few years but honestly you cant see any issues unless you get up close and know what your looking for. I really love this PF the most out of the Trinity. It seems like a "perfect" statue are few and far between and SS gave me a fair credit that Ill be adding to Darkseid to actually get my true cost down to what they should be charging for him.

Back