Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm going to bite and jump on the exclusive now. Such a great piece, I just wish I get a good one!! Has anyone else rec'd a 5% off next purchase from Sideshow. I was looking through their site yesterday and a pop up showed asking for my email address. I enetered it and was emailed the 5% code.

I wasn't trying to rustle anybody's jimmies!

face1.png

Thanks!! haha :p Awesome shots Darth! I need to get me a good camera like that! haha. I'm still new here but it's nice to see this is a good friendly community!

It is a nice camera, but that's all lens right there. Has nice Bokeh. Just great composition, and the lighting in that room is top notch.

Wow! Nice set up! I'm limited for space for now so when I get the next PF I will have to rearrange everything in this computer room but I love your shelves and lighting. I'd love to get it done properly one day like that.

Thank you Uncle Chunt. I got the idea from another thread here on Sideshow Freaks. It is the Ikea PAX system and the PAX lights. Does a great job but it takes up quite a bit of room. The PAX unit I have is 58 1/2" x 22 7/8" x 79 1/4" ( 150cm x 58cm x 202cm )

PAX 2 wardrobe frames - black-brown, 59x13 3/4x93 1/8 ", - IKEA

The lighting is the PAX LED lights. They come in 3 sizes and you daisy chain them so its easy to keep adding more lights and only need to plug them into 1 outlet.

I still need the sliding doors and find a supplier to make clear plexi panels for them since Ikea does not offer clear panels

STRIBERG LED light strip - IKEA
pax-wardrobe-frames-brown__0313325_PE514182_S4.JPG
striberg-led-light-strip-gray__0250145_PE388433_S4.JPG

Edit - To attach the lights I used 2 sided tape. First cleaning the area free of grease and then sticking them in place. Works perfect. No need to make screw holes.

Thank you Uncle Chunt. I got the idea from another thread here on Sideshow Freaks. It is the Ikea PAX system and the PAX lights. Does a great job but it takes up quite a bit of room. The PAX unit I have is 58 1/2" x 22 7/8" x 79 1/4" ( 150cm x 58cm x 202cm )

The lighting is the PAX LED lights. They come in 3 sizes and you daisy chain them so its easy to keep adding more lights and only need to plug them into 1 outlet.

I still need the sliding doors and find a supplier to make clear plexi panels for them since Ikea does not offer clear panels

View attachment 178394
View attachment 178395

I have a question about your pax! Well two actually, 1. do you think that if you stacked them sideways the sidewalls of the pax would be able to hold statue weight? Say like 7 PF's worth? And 2. Is the backing on the Pax solid? Or is it like paper thin?

Great photos for sure Darth, and your right Bill its all in the glass you have on the camera, lighting and composition.
Lens options ie; 85mm, 105mm, 200mm, 300mm and/or a low f-stop ie f1.2 , f1.4, f1.8, f2.8
Most telephoto lenses wil have a decent Bokeh even up to f5.6. If you have a shorter lens like 24mm, 50mm, 70mm
you'll need a lower f-stop, say f1.8 ( prefered ) - f2.8 to achieve a decent Bokeh

I have a question about your pax! Well two actually, 1. do you think that if you stacked them sideways the sidewalls of the pax would be able to hold statue weight? Say like 7 PF's worth? And 2. Is the backing on the Pax solid? Or is it like paper thin?

Josh that is a fantastic idea! and yes I bet it would be easily strong enough to do just that. You'll have to customize a front glass plate if you want it to protect from dust but otherwise it should work no problem. Thanks for the idea :hi5:

Edit - 1 little glitch is the bottom of the stand is designed to be a pedestal so that would have to be dealt with in some way

Had high hopes when I saw the Sideshow QC page inside the non official shipper. Opened her up... broken hair and missing half her right iris. Wtf. Never had to return a piece or request a replacement before. Time to find out what I need to do :(

It is a nice camera, but that's all lens right there. Has nice Bokeh. Just great composition, and the lighting in that room is top notch.

haha I bet there's more to it! :p I just took my photos in a dark room at the time of day with my Nokia Lumia 1520 phone. 20mp camera. haha

Josh that is a fantastic idea! and yes I bet it would be easily strong enough to do just that. You'll have to customize a front glass plate if you want it to protect from dust but otherwise it should work no problem. Thanks for the idea :hi5:

Edit - 1 little glitch is the bottom of the stand is designed to be a pedestal so that would have to be dealt with in some way
I was thinking if the backing to the pax is solid you could even buy support brackets for the sidewalls, do you think that would work?

Ohhh my gosh! I thought my Wonder Woman eyes are bad but yours are awful

upload img
My Wonder Woman eyes are better but not perfect, i think this doesn't worth $400. They overpriced their figures and offering us products with defects. I'll definitely claim some money refund. I'm really tired of Sideshow poor quality control

View attachment 178394
View attachment 178395

Edit - To attach the lights I used 2 sided tape. First cleaning the area free of grease and then sticking them in place. Works perfect. No need to make screw holes.

Awesome! Thanks for the information! I will have to check to see if the IKEA in Australia stock these items. I'll need to do something before I get another PF as my current shelf is now full!

Back