Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 172429
View attachment 172430
View attachment 172431

There are also a multitude of other issues, poor paint apps etc, the bracelets appear to have been sanded down, scratch marks are very apparent, i'm quite disappointed as this is the statue that made me interested in PF in the first place. Sorry for the crappy photos.

Oh man, that is bad. Mine was perfect like they took the time to really do a great job especially on hand spear, but they messed up my peg connection on the statue. It's Friday the 13th today so that is not good either. What a day, what a day!

It took a couple of days when I sent in Catwoman and WW pics. They're probably backlogged with the amount of replacement requests on this piece. This was the first time they asked me to ship the whole thing back instead of them shipping replacement pieces. It'll be really annoying if there are any issues with the replacement.

What was wrong with the peg? Maybe it can be remedied.

hey Josh, how are you. I have a little bit of modeling skills, but because of the shape of the peg hole, you have to be precise putting putty inside to tighten up that hole. I was gonna add some clear caulk but that could be a temporary fix. I'm sure when I return mine, they will get their best people to repair that hole. Look back at the pages here so you can see my photos of her with no axe or shield. It falls out. It's a shame, cause they did a very good job painting her.

so your hand would just fall out?

Yes. I had everything on and I was really getting into her and my last step was her axe or shield but I noticed it was too loose and wouldn't stick. It goes all the way in but does not stay in place on either the axe and shield. The hand spear is right and goes in with a little steady push but a no go for the other side. I think I am the first to bring up that particular issue.

So i sent my refund request but didn't receive an email of any kind letting me know my message was sent is that normal? The reason i ask is because i remember emailing them awhile back about another order and shortly after i sent the message i received an automated email message letting me know my email had been received.

So i sent my refund request but didn't receive an email of any kind letting me know my message was sent is that normal? The reason i ask is because i remember emailing them awhile back about another order and shortly after i sent the message i received an automated email message letting me know my email had been received.

I better check on that too. Did you see the picture of my peg hole. It looks too big for the peg to properly stick.

I better check on that too. Did you see the picture of my peg hole. It looks too big for the peg to properly stick.

Yea i saw, its strange that it made it pass QC i always thought that they test fitted everything before packing/boxing it up, i remember seeing a photo of xm pieces all line up with pieces fitted on, i thought that was standard procedure for all statue companies.

It's normal in my experience. I usually get a response within a few days to a week or so telling me what they plan on doing (if anything). But no confirmation e-mail that a request for replacement/refund was received.

So the weight of the statue isn't like the Batman or Superman PFs? I have both of those and they are HEAVY... :lol but this one is hollow?

That's the first thing i noticed, hollow base. the catwoman PF base, has a nice weight to it.

I would prob do that too but it's not gonna happen. Although SSC will def keep raising prices, I dont see the QC problems or the high ESs going away. That's what XM is for:rotfl. Honestly, I will just be WAY more picky about what I buy because there are just so many headaches to deal with SSC QC. But when they do a nice piece, it can really shine. I got a great WW so I consider myself lucky that I have this EX in my collection.

Sadly it won't. Raising prices and not quality which is unfortunate, though fortunate for SS they have a loyal fanbase. Imagine though, simply doubling the prices of standard PF say to 800$( and people will buy) and lowering es to say 2000 increasing to prototype quality, i bet there pieces would sale out in a hours or minutes depending on the character. Sideshow is a big company with money it can be done, look at XM. Honestly though i think sideshow is more interested in mass market collecting (which isn't nessasarily a bad thing), than quality product.

Sorry to hear that Armymedic. Hopefully they get you all straightened out. Glad to hear the paint apps were good at least!

Thanks, man. When I pulled her out, I examined her paint job and I almost did a back-flip. And when I looked at the base and all the accessories before assembling it, I almost did a double back flip. But when attaching the axe arm, I was oh NO, this isn't staying on. I was crushed like a child with a broken toy. LOL.

I'm still in shock how awesome this statue really turn out minus all the QC issues. I see it everyday and it just blows me away. The face, sculpt, the height is perfect for open displays, pose is simply spot on. The ex is way better in person, love how she is fully sculpted. I wonder what the variant will be? I can't even think of anything for a variant ww? I don't know of anything different from her current uniform. Nothing that will be different enough to make. Anyone know of what this can be?

Thanks, man. When I pulled her out, I examined her paint job and I almost did a back-flip. And when I looked at the base and all the accessories before assembling it, I almost did a double back flip. But when attaching the axe arm, I was oh NO, this isn't staying on. I was crushed like a child with a broken toy. LOL.

Teflon tape would make your life a lot easier instead of sending it back. Making the arm more snug sounds like the easiest fix in the world.

I'm still in shock how awesome this statue really turn out minus all the QC issues. I see it everyday and it just blows me away. The face, sculpt, the height is perfect for open displays, pose is simply spot on. The ex is way better in person, love how she is fully sculpted. I wonder what the variant will be? I can't even think of anything for a variant ww? I don't know of anything different from her current uniform. Nothing that will be different enough to make. Anyone know of what this can be?

Pics!

:monkey3

Sorry camera is old and I forgot how to post pics. I'm serious and not kidding. I'm no computer expert. I'm sure we all know what she looks like right? Simply amazing! The best statue I've ever seen and own. I still have a couple minor issues on mine but I'm not sending the body back in great fear of not getting a better one. If I can't own this one I will quit collecting. This one I order on day one before I even know about the coupons. At least it lived up to the hype in terms of the sculpt. QC I can't say. Hopefully SS can see this and improve on future statues. SS please have steve sculpt more super heroe females! I will buy them all. Also mark newman and bring tim miller back to DC and marvel PF please!

Just picked up at the local comic shop. I paid slightly higher than standard price, but wanted to make sure I did an inspection onsite. She's awesome and looks like she's ready to take on any character in GoT or Spartacus!

ml_IMG_2058.jpg
s_IMG_2052.jpg

Attachments

• ml_IMG_2091.jpg
    ml_IMG_2091.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 324
Back