Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Catwoman PF base had a problem, and all I was offered was the standard $35 partial refund... You shouldn't expect much outta Sideshow these days =/

I was offered $50 for my problems. i told them i wanted a replacement body or a full refund, my new body will be here in a couple days.

I was offered $50 for my problems. i told them i wanted a replacement body or a full refund, my new body will be here in a couple days.

That's great, but who'd you talk to? I got stiffed with the excuse of no replacement bodies?

Got mine today. She looks really good. I was a little worried after seeing all the posts about all the damaged and broken ones people were getting but mine came with no defects that i can see. Very happy with her. Still have to finish setting up my displays but here she in what is set up so far.

IMG_20150225_182042 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20150225_182122 by zuko1312, on Flickr

Got mine today. She looks really good. I was a little worried after seeing all the posts about all the damaged and broken ones people were getting but mine came with no defects that i can see. Very happy with her. Still have to finish setting up my displays but here she in what is set up so far.

IMG_20150225_182042 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20150225_182122 by zuko1312, on Flickr

Wow, love the height of the base! This will be perfect to display. vampi will be so awesome to display as well with her height. Makes my display so much easier now. Thanks ss for the very high bases!

I need your guys help :( . So my wife received her WW a few weeks back. It came in damaged, broken spear. Contacted SSC, new one is on the way. As to make sure that there weren't any further problems we placed the statue together to find there were a few others. The base was cracked and the sword did not mount correctly. More of an issue though, none of the hands fit in perfectly to her arm, they both stuck out about a centimeter due to a bad sculpt on the arm. (See photos below).

After contacting SSC, they responded by stating they will replace the spear, the base, and give me $40 credit. However, they want to me to just try to fix the arm sculpt issue. My question to you guys, does this sound like normal SSC process? Is this something that any of you SSC vets would do? I'm at a bit of a crossroads, on one end I feel positive about fixing the arm, but at the same time this is a $400 piece and I want what I paid for. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

That gap is awful. They should DEFINITELY replace that. The fact that they want you to accept that or return it is pretty absurd. Shame on SSC...I'm sure naysayers will say they are replacing other stuff and giving you credit and that you're whining but to me, that's still unacceptable.

That gap is awful. They should DEFINITELY replace that. The fact that they want you to accept that or return it is pretty absurd. Shame on SSC...I'm sure naysayers will say they are replacing other stuff and giving you credit and that you're whining but to me, that's still unacceptable.

Thanks for the confirmation of the hesitance that I have. I haven't ordered a whole lot of items from SSC so I don't have a whole lot of experience with their processes. This just seemed kind of goofy and borderline unprofessional to me. I'm writing them back now to let them know that the offer doesn't fit my satisfaction and I would like to seek a replacement, which is actually the second time I've informed them of what I want. Thanks again sarakawa.

You should push for replacement hands with the shield and axe. I think that those parts aren't uniform in their casting around the silver arm guards around the pin area. Hence why they differ statue to statue. I think those areas can be fixed by sanding the inner groove part to fit with the upper arm slot on the body. But that is a pretty extensive mod to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need your guys help :( . So my wife received her WW a few weeks back. It came in damaged, broken spear. Contacted SSC, new one is on the way. As to make sure that there weren't any further problems we placed the statue together to find there were a few others. The base was cracked and the sword did not mount correctly. More of an issue though, none of the hands fit in perfectly to her arm, they both stuck out about a centimeter due to a bad sculpt on the arm. (See photos below).

After contacting SSC, they responded by stating they will replace the spear, the base, and give me $40 credit. However, they want to me to just try to fix the arm sculpt issue. My question to you guys, does this sound like normal SSC process? Is this something that any of you SSC vets would do? I'm at a bit of a crossroads, on one end I feel positive about fixing the arm, but at the same time this is a $400 piece and I want what I paid for. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

They just told me the same thing. My first Axe arm was chipped so they sent me a new one, but the side walls that cover the stump on the new one are almost nonexistent and leave a gap. So I can pick which of the two I want to keep, a gap or a damaged piece, and $40 credit towards something instock or up for PO. The only thing I even want from Sideshow right now is Aquaman and that's not up for PO... :mad:

Thanks for the confirmation of the hesitance that I have. I haven't ordered a whole lot of items from SSC so I don't have a whole lot of experience with their processes. This just seemed kind of goofy and borderline unprofessional to me. I'm writing them back now to let them know that the offer doesn't fit my satisfaction and I would like to seek a replacement, which is actually the second time I've informed them of what I want. Thanks again sarakawa.

Definitely push for a replacement. Good job on your part.

SS can see in their records that you are a fairly new customer. They should be treating you better than that ...unless of course they are banking on your lack of experience to push a subpar item on you.

Man, that just makes for bad PR! Shame on SS!

They just told me the same thing. My first Axe arm was chipped so they sent me a new one, but the side walls that cover the stump on the new one are almost nonexistent and leave a gap. So I can pick which of the two I want to keep, a gap or a damaged piece, and $40 credit towards something instock or up for PO. The only thing I even want from Sideshow right now is Aquaman and that's not up for PO... :mad:

You should also push for what you want, Razor. Just like ImABarRoomHero ...don't settle with a subpar statue.

Damn! What is up with SS Customer Service department?!

My email. Ignore some of the wording. Wine.

Michael,

I appreciate the offer, but by studying the problem that this sculpt has, the issue is beyond my skill. I could attempt to sand the spot on the forearm that appears to be the culprit but that may end up requiring more destruction of the item than restoration. I'm going to be frank. I do not want to repair this item. I would like this item to be replaced. Please let me know what it will take to finalize this process. I know I haven't purchased much from SSC directly, but I currently have several pre-orders and several more on the way, I would like to maintain faith in what I am purchasing. Thank you again, but please, this was an expensive item I just want what it is supposed to be.

Thank you very much, please let me know what we need to do.

Well I'm pretty impressed with Sideshow.

In regards to the blistering paint on the base - They're sending out a new base.

In regards to the mark on the back of her boot - I was offered a new body or a $65 credit. Given how hard the arms and hair were to get on, I'm really worried I'd just break her hair strands or the spear, etc, so I think I can live with the mark and will take the credit.

Thumbs up from this collector for SS customer service. :clap

Back