Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ES does matter. However, given the raised ES on these DC pieces anyone coming here expecting a low ES is just setting themselves up for disappointment. order what you like in a promptly manner and avoid regret. We all know the date and approximate time when these pieces go up for order. You can play the waiting at your own risk of course.

Edition sizes are only a thing of the past if you go along with what Sideshow ultimately wants: open ES "collectibles" so they control every stage of the "collectibles" market. Especially that juicy secondary market price after time has passed a bit. Imagine being able to release any collectible you produce years later setting their own premium. Why should ebay sellers benefit from their hard work, right?

Don't get me wrong, we all like Sideshow for their quality and enjoy a lot of their products, but some of you are a little too quick to go along with whatever new rules they come up with chalking it up to a natural evolution of this hobby. Some are extremely willing to give up the collectible factor of these items that cost hundreds under the umbrella of "collect what you like and don't worry about the rest".

Very well said, Fox and in complete agreement and the days of SSC putting out a 600 ES vanished a long time ago, except for the White Version Storm, which these days are a rarity.

I wanted to PO this beauty but i´m concern about the costs since i´m from Europe. I usually buy from BBTS.com, so i allways have to pay for item+shipping+customs.

My doubt is, since both Sideshow and BBTS send there items from US, the costs are the same or ordering from Sideshow will cost me more? My doubt is because in the sideshow site it says :

For EU Customers:
EU duty fee* €18.98
EU import VAT* No Estimate

Sorry if my question is confuse, but when i buy from BBTS i pay the item+shipping and then the customs when the item arrives to my country (Portugal). In the sideshow sites it looks like i will have to pay the item+shipping+Eu duty fee+EU import VAT and then customs.

Can someone help? Especially someone from Europe that bought from the two stores...

I don't think this is entirely true. I could care less if SSC made 100,000 WW PFs. I would still buy her. Resale wise, she would hold no value in the aftermarket. Yet, I can't bring myself to buy pieces with an open ES no matter how much I like them. I have collected for a little over a decade and the thought of no numbers on the bottom of a base just doesn't sit well with me. It just doesn't feel right for me. It's a personal choice, no one has to agree with me or understand my stance. The only reason I bring it up is because I don't fall into the category you listed. I don't require a number on my base for aftermarket value.
So if someone custom made you a 1 of 1 statue, you would refuse it on principle unless they scribbled the edition size on its base?

Very well said, Fox and in complete agreement and the days of SSC putting out a 600 ES vanished a long time ago, except for the White Version Storm, which these days are a rarity.

Master Chief EX was 300, T800 BD was 500. You guys are collecting the wrong figs if you want low ES.

I hear that for $50 more you can get her with peel away panties. and an insider told me she gets a brazilian!

aimg-ffffound-com_static_data_assets_6_fc3dae3c813df05c0feda1031430337f60a0ba61_m-gif.6141

I wanted to PO this beauty but i´m concern about the costs since i´m from Europe. I usually buy from BBTS.com, so i allways have to pay for item+shipping+customs.

My doubt is, since both Sideshow and BBTS send there items from US, the costs are the same or ordering from Sideshow will cost me more? My doubt is because in the sideshow site it says :

For EU Customers:
EU duty fee* €18.98
EU import VAT* No Estimate

Can someone help? Especially someone from Europe that bought from the two stores...

In my experience, the costs are passed on to the customer anyway. I bought a Poison Ivy PF from a retailer in the UK and she was a little more expensive than buying from Sideshow direct. It depends if you want the EX or not? I find it is usually cheaper to order direct from Sideshow, and pay the customs fees. An added bonus is that you tend to get the item quicker, rather than waiting for the retailer to get it in stock and back out to you. Just my experience, others may have a different view, but I would never buy from a retailer again, especially with the points system Sideshow has :)

i don't think this is entirely true. I could care less if ssc made 100,000 ww pfs. I would still buy her. Resale wise, she would hold no value in the aftermarket. Yet, i can't bring myself to buy pieces with an open es no matter how much i like them. I have collected for a little over a decade and the thought of no numbers on the bottom of a base just doesn't sit well with me. It just doesn't feel right for me. It's a personal choice, no one has to agree with me or understand my stance. The only reason i bring it up is because i don't fall into the category you listed. I don't require a number on my base for aftermarket value.

yes. Totally agree

In my experience, the costs are passed on to the customer anyway. I bought a Poison Ivy PF from a retailer in the UK and she was a little more expensive than buying from Sideshow direct. It depends if you want the EX or not? I find it is usually cheaper to order direct from Sideshow, and pay the customs fees. An added bonus is that you tend to get the item quicker, rather than waiting for the retailer to get it in stock and back out to you. Just my experience, others may have a different view, but I would never buy from a retailer again, especially with the points system Sideshow has :)

Thanks for the fast reply eebow. But comparing to BBTS i dont know if its cheaper because the statue in BBTS costs 399$+shipping+customs and on sideshow its 399$+26$ (EU Duty fee)+shipping+customs.

My doubt is...what is "EU Duty fee" and why EU costumers have to pay that and on other US stores i don´t have to pay that fee...

My doubt is...what is "EU Duty fee" and why EU costumers have to pay that and on other US stores i don´t have to pay that fee...

When I preordered, I didn't see that, just checked my order and it isn't there so maybe it depends on which part of the EU you're in? I'd still pay that $26 fee to get the EX, though, but that's just me

Master Chief EX was 300, T800 BD was 500. You guys are collecting the wrong figs if you want low ES.

aimg-ffffound-com_static_data_assets_6_fc3dae3c813df05c0feda1031430337f60a0ba61_m-gif.6141

Nice try Bruce, but I just didn't include them in my statement, Storm was just a quick reference, the point was 1500 to 2500 is the norm for most ES with the exceptions you brought up my Friend :)

ES does matter. However, given the raised ES on these DC pieces anyone coming here expecting a low ES is just setting themselves up for disappointment. order what you like in a promptly manner and avoid regret. We all know the date and approximate time when these pieces go up for order. You can play the waiting at your own risk of course.

Edition sizes are only a thing of the past if you go along with what Sideshow ultimately wants: open ES "collectibles" so they control every stage of the "collectibles" market. Especially that juicy secondary market price after time has passed a bit. Imagine being able to release any collectible you produce years later setting their own premium. Why should ebay sellers benefit from their hard work, right?

Don't get me wrong, we all like Sideshow for their quality and enjoy a lot of their products, but some of you are a little too quick to go along with whatever new rules they come up with chalking it up to a natural evolution of this hobby. Some are extremely willing to give up the collectible factor of these items that cost hundreds under the umbrella of "collect what you like and don't worry about the rest".

Very good points! I agree, why not make everyone happy with low EX and millions reg for ES haters?

Alls I mean is if low ES is a big deal SS still do em. Master Chief in particular is fetching silly prices just a few months after release like 800 900 bucks

Yeah I know where you are coming from my Friend, no offense taken or given but some of those prices on ebay are just obscene for pieces

Thanks for the fast reply eebow. But comparing to BBTS i dont know if its cheaper because the statue in BBTS costs 399$+shipping+customs and on sideshow its 399$+26$ (EU Duty fee)+shipping+customs.

When ordering from Sideshow you just have to pay for the item and shipping.Depending on your country there will be additional costs like customs and thats what they mean with "EU duty fee".However the calculation is not accurate so just forget about it and keep in mind item+shipping=thats all from Sideshows side.

Lol... So true my friend. SS just make both sides happy. I will order before she's gone. But till then waiting......

Yeah not sure I will even order her as I only really want Supes. I can take my time on her. I also am worried about final product paint job but she seems way less complicated than Ivy for paint so they better get her right.

So if someone custom made you a 1 of 1 statue, you would refuse it on principle unless they scribbled the edition size on its base?

I don't collect custom statues. Not ever. However, if I did, how hard would it be for the artist to put 1 of 1 on the bottom of the base with a silver sharpie? If I'm paying for a custom piece, you better believe that would be a part of the deal. Hell, I'd have him sign it as well.

Last edited:
Very good points! I agree, why not make everyone happy with low EX and millions reg for ES haters?

You are missing the point yet again CBG. EX pieces are not intended for collectors nor are the meant to have a low ES. They are intended to generate profit for SSC. That is the bottom line. EX pieces are not offered with any kind of discount to anyone when they go up for PO. ANYONE who wants an EX must pay full price for it. The REGs is where the discounts are at. Just about any REG sold through a website is discounted because SSC gives their retailers a discount on REG merch. That's why REGs are offered at a discount online.

Look at the Bats and Supes PFs as an example. The EX ES on Bats is 2000. The REG ES is 7500. For the EX Supes PF the ES is 2500. For the REG it's 5000. There are over 2000 less Supes PFs than Bats PFs overall, yet the EX Supes PF has 500 more pieces. Why? Because that is an extra 500 pieces that SSC can charge full price for. Quit deluding yourself that the EX of any SSC merch is made for collectors or is meant to have a low ES. The main purpose of an EX is to generate profit for SSC. The sooner peeps realize this, the less they can stress over edition sizes.

Back