Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I'll end up buying this on eBay, as I want the EX, or should I say AXE.

I know a lot of people are hung up on that exc axe but really it's not much of an exclusive. If you buy the exc on eBay, you will end up paying twice just to get that cheap exc forearm and axe. She looks better with the shield and you're probably end up displaying her like that.

I know a lot of people are hung up on that exc axe but really it's not much of an exclusive. If you buy the exc on eBay, you will end up paying twice just to get that cheap exc forearm and axe. She looks better with the shield and you're probably end up displaying her like that.

Sure, there are some sellers asking double, but I wouldn't give those folks my business. If I buy the reg from SS, it costs me $453. There are a few sellers on eBay asking less than $100 more than that for the EX. The other factor is that the way that my shelves are situated in relation to my couch, I'm going to be looking at WW's left side most of the time. The shield is large, and would block my view of a good portion of the statue from that angle. The axe solves that problem.

My 1st WW had fit issues but I never asked for a replacement. I'm sure SS would've helped me out but at the time I just wanted a full refund. I want to try again cause WW is really 1 of my favorite DC characters. I got the classic Cats and it's really nicer than the 1st, imo. Yeah, tell me about the prices of these statues, the new red Sonja that is a killer beauty will be 550. She's awesome but that price is hwy robbery.

Would you buy classic Catwoman over first released Catwoman then? I want to get a pf Catwoman to go with my modern age bats and first black and grey bats that will come next year. Thanks brother for helping an old corpsman out.

Would you buy classic Catwoman over first released Catwoman then? I want to get a pf Catwoman to go with my modern age bats and first black and grey bats that will come next year. Thanks brother for helping an old corpsman out.

I got the classic Catwoman and imo it was a better engineered statue cause there are no issues with the sculpted purple suit. The black-suited Cat has that leather type fabric and it's a bit saggy, not to the extent that it's horrible, but you can notice some spots could be tighter. Right now, I got my classic Cat with grey and black Batman and I think it looks great. I got all the females that came out so far this year starting with jean grey, Emma frost, Vampirella and now classic Catwoman. If my Power girl exc converts, probably not, then I'll have all the females that came out 2015. I'm also adding WW on Black Friday. But if I had to rate my best female, classic cats is the clear winner with Vampirella coming in second. I guess it comes down to preference and I like dark hair women more.

I will always try to be honest here with a fellow medic or any member of the US forces cause we're really a small minority willing to serve. I can't really blame anybody for not serving cause who wants to come back home with missing body parts.

I got the classic Catwoman and imo it was a better engineered statue cause there are no issues with the sculpted purple suit. The black-suited Cat has that leather type fabric and it's a bit saggy, not to the extent that it's horrible, but you can notice some spots could be tighter. Right now, I got my classic Cat with grey and black Batman and I think it looks great. I got all the females that came out so far this year starting with jean grey, Emma frost, Vampirella and now classic Catwoman. If my Power girl exc converts, probably not, then I'll have all the females that came out 2015. I'm also adding WW on Black Friday. But if I had to rate my best female, classic cats is the clear winner with Vampirella coming in second. I guess it comes down to preference and I like dark hair women more.

I will always try to be honest here with a fellow medic or any member of the US forces cause we're really a small minority willing to serve. I can't really blame anybody for not serving cause who wants to come back home with missing body parts.

Thanks brother for you advice and opinion. Happy veterans day to you my friend. Nice to have another brother that served and also collects. Hopefully have some good deal in Catwoman on black Friday. God bless America and all past vets and those who are serving.

She looks much better with the axe IMO, plus I like the look of the shield on the ground so you can display both which is impossible with most EXs. Calling the axe "cheap" is kind of silly, it is no more or less quality than the rest of the piece and good luck paying less than $100 for one separate or a custom arm.

She looks much better with the axe IMO, plus I like the look of the shield on the ground so you can display both which is impossible with most EXs. Calling the axe "cheap" is kind of silly, it is no more or less quality than the rest of the piece and good luck paying less than $100 for one separate or a custom arm.

Agreed. I've got her displayed with the Axe Hand and the Shield on a display stands off to the side of the statue. Best of both worlds!

What I meant by cheap is that it's not much of an exclusive and not necessary as a "must have." Why does that sound silly to you? A different head is a much better exclusive piece to have. And I never said anything about $100. That was the other guy. I've seen that exc forearm/axe for $240. Now that's silly for anybody to pay that kind of money.

What I meant by cheap is that it's not much of an exclusive and not necessary as a "must have." Why does that sound silly to you? A different head is a much better exclusive piece to have. And I never said anything about $100. That was the other guy. I've seen that exc forearm/axe for $240. Now that's silly for anybody to pay that kind of money.

Totally agree with you brother. The extra money you would pay for the exclusive version is not worth it. Thee new arkham joker exclusive imo is a must have because the extra head sculpt is amazing.

Of course it is not a must have, but it is worth the premium. The shield blocks the some side view and you can't see the shield well except from the side. Swap out head EXs are nice, but not needed here plus it Is hard to display both like you can with WW. $240 is just a crazy ebay price that will never sell. The highest I ever saw one go for was $150. Looks good both ways, but if you like the axe and can swing the higher cost, the EX is the better option.

Of course it is not a must have, but it is worth the premium. The shield blocks the some side view and you can't see the shield well except from the side. Swap out head EXs are nice, but not needed here plus it Is hard to display both like you can with WW. $240 is just a crazy ebay price that will never sell. The highest I ever saw one go for was $150. Looks good both ways, but if you like the axe and can swing the higher cost, the EX is the better option.

Yup, the funny thing is I want to really like the shield arm but I am so annoyed her arm cants in a way that you see the back of the shield head on. When will statue companies make a shield we can see. I can think of three other pieces that show me the rear of the shield. Anyway, because the shield is out of normal viewing distance the axe works nicely.

Yup, the funny thing is I want to really like the shield arm but I am so annoyed her arm cants in a way that you see the back of the shield head on. When will statue companies make a shield we can see. I can think of three other pieces that show me the rear of the shield. Anyway, because the shield is out of normal viewing distance the axe works nicely.

That is the problem with the shield, you can't see much behind it looking at it straight on. Works with some, like Allied Charge Cap, just has to be the right pose.

Totally agree with you brother. The extra money you would pay for the exclusive version is not worth it. Thee new arkham joker exclusive imo is a must have because the extra head sculpt is amazing.

Yes, indeed, that arkham joker is no joke. :lol I like that the exc is a switch-off head and I wish all the exclusives were like that if possible. But the only thing I'm not sure about are those long legs of the Joker. :lol It looks a little weird to me, but in person it could be just fine. That joker is very well executed and I can only hope the final product is just as great.

If you got the print and you would want for your WW to match the print, then I would think you would display her only with the shield. It's really no debate cause it's just a matter of preference. Personally, she looks more bad-ass holding the shield ready to clock somebody over the head with it. :lol Don't get me wrong if I could get that axe for nothing, then I'm not saying I wouldn't take it and from time to time switch-off the display.

I like the axe but still I agree most ss ex now is just not exciting anymore. Just lost the must have ex factor now. But if ex is out of this workd amazing check out XM studios :) thier ex is mind blowing mostly everytime. Very exciting company! ss has some really good ex but it's like 1 out of every 5 to 7 or so now. Steve you're still my favorite sculpter so far with this stunning sculpt. Can't wait to see more of your work :clap

Back