Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah IdeaOfEvil, that WW you got is a train wreck. I have had pretty good luck on my purchases, never got anything close to that, but I can see how you would get sour in a hurry. The amount of time and money you have to pour into this hobby only to get let down by such a shoddy piece has to be frustrating.

When I receive my statues from sideshow now, and they come in abysmal condition, bad paint apps, as well as cheap material being used to cut corners, like having a plastic sword, plastic shield, and a hollow base with broken polystone pieces shaking around inside, I dont feel that its worth the $400 that was my Wonder Woman, and I return them, not wanting to go through the hassle anymore. She should have been $279 the most for what we got back. That whole statue felt really cheap. I had her set up for a couple days. I really did consider keeping her. I loved the sculpt. But with everything I just said, I couldnt justify keeping it, and thought if I really wanted this piece, Ill get one of the 9500 pieces on the secondary market for $279 later on, when theres plenty of companies pumping out statues left and right with better quality, where I can put my money towards instead. Ive already had to return Queen of the Dead a few weeks ago. And now WW is going back as well. I dont trust sideshow anymore. They have lost my complete confidence in their reputation.

Ill get one of the 9500 pieces on the secondary market for $279 later on

While I don't share your view of SS as a company, you're most likely right about the secondary market prices with the edition size of some of these. I hope that's not going to be a trend after the Trinity. For the sake of these statues maintaining their status as collectibles and for the overall quality of the final product we receive. There's no way that such a large edition size won't have an impact on quality. With so many pieces being made, it might as well be an open edition.

I'm going to attempt to get a replacement for mine, but if it's anywhere near as bad as the first one I received I'll just get get a refund. I want someone to personally inspect it before it's shipped because their stupid little QC sticker obviously means nothing. The people in charge of the QC for this statue should be fired.

Mine #2334 came today and the paint application is perfect on the statue and the base. The foot peg goes in all the way and is seated properly. The paint on the spear hand was very good. The paint on the axe/shield hand is also perfect. However the axe/shield hands fall out and doesn't remain in place. I hope Sideshow learns their lesson here not to use pegs again on the PFs. Those who don't pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it. They need to go back to magnets. I don't think I had read anybody who had my kind of peg issue. I think I am the first.

Mine #2334 came today and the paint application is perfect on the statue and the base. The foot peg goes in all the way and is seated properly. The paint on the spear hand was very good. The paint on the axe/shield hand is also perfect. However the axe/shield hands fall out and doesn't remain in place. I hope Sideshow learns their lesson here not to use pegs again on the PFs. Those who don't pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it. They need to go back to magnets. I don't think I had read anybody who had my kind of peg issue. I think I am the first.

I'm surprised more haven't had this issue. Why use a peg in a vertical connection? Eventually everyone's arms will be falling out.

That sucks man, sorry to hear that, it sounded like you had a good one at first until you mentioned the issue with the peg, you may unfortunately have to request an entire replacement body since there is no way to fix that issue unless you use puddy or something to tighten the joint in which the peg has to go into. That is why i hate peg connection, there should be only magnet connections on expensive statues. Mine is out for delivery i should be receiving it later today.

Mine came in a brown shipper but it wasnt the exact size of the art box. It had 8 styrofoam holders that held the art box in place at every corner. I actually like it because it puts a little gap around the entire art box. I have never gotten a box like that from SSC before.

I've gotten quite a few that came that way. It was a few years ago however.

That sucks man, sorry to hear that, it sounded like you had a good one at first until you mentioned the issue with the peg, you may unfortunately have to request an entire replacement body since there is no way to fix that issue unless you use puddy or something to tighten the joint in which the peg has to go into. That is why i hate peg connection, there should be only magnet connections on expensive statues. Mine is out for delivery i should be receiving it later today.

Yeah, they went with pegs as 1 poster here stated that everybody's will eventually fail putting it on and off. I hope yours has no issues at all cause in this new batch many were problem-free.

I'm guessing that not putting magnets in is another SS cost cutting measure? It's bad enough the statue is light as feather from being hollowed out but not to use magnets is being extremely cheap on SS part for a $400 statue.

Might have to get my dremel out and put in some small magnets..

They're suffering from last year's losses when HT overproduced and everyone bought everything on the massive sale during Spooktacular and 12 Days.

Yes, that was exactly my thoughts too. That hollow base and those cheap pegs is what makes this Sideshow's epic failure. I guess the only way to keep the axe/Shield in place is to glue 1 in place. But what's the fun in that.

So the weight of the statue isn't like the Batman or Superman PFs? I have both of those and they are HEAVY... :lol but this one is hollow?

So the weight of the statue isn't like the Batman or Superman PFs? I have both of those and they are HEAVY... :lol but this one is hollow?

Yes! WW is the lightest. Bat is by far the heaviest (It’s that cape). Sup is middle of the road.

Cool. Yeah, even without the capes, the statues were already pretty heavy compared to, let's say, red skull. They didn't feel hollow at all.

Mine arrived today. No damage thankfully and she looks impressive overall. My biggest concerns were the paint app on the spear hand and also the exclusive axe arm not fitting seamlessly. Happy to say no problems on either! :clap

This was my first PF that didn't use magnets for extra parts though and I have to echo others' concerns about the use of pegs. They're just clumsy to attach and feel unreliable. I was also really nervous having to use force to attach her hair and arms so I was being extra cautious. I kept asking myself why didn't they use magnets? I could have been done assembling her in a fraction of the time. Definitely a step backwards for SS on this one.

My only issues on my particular piece are a few paint imperfections (what else? :rolleyes2). The paint app is a bit uneven on one side of her bikini bottom around her right butt cheek. It looks like they had some trouble staying in the lines. I wish the sculpt had more definition on the edges of her bikini bottom because it might have made it easier to paint. Not really noticeable from a distance though. Considering I got an otherwise decent body, I don't think I'm going to report it though.

However, the uneven paint continued on the shield rings. Some of the gold paint bled into the red and blue. Strangely, the smallest details like all the silver stars were perfect. Go figure. :huh

Also, a couple problems with the base beside it being hollow. It looks like there's a glob of glue that dried on the side of mine. I'm afraid to try and remove it because it may cause damage. Also, I could hear something rattling around inside. A loose piece of polystone, I guess.

I'll take some pics of the shield and base then send them Sideshow's way to see what happens. Otherwise, I'm happy with this representation of her. She looks like a strong, determined warrior and not the supermodel version we can get almost anywhere else.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the helmet doesn't sit flush on mine either if I set it straight down into the base. If I sort of tilt it to the left (towards the sword), that helps to stabilize it where it doesn't wobble. Not sure if that's how it's intended to be placed. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
I had received mine the other day and found a nice wonderful dent with paint chipping on the shoulder. What really irks me is that there was obviously an attempt to cover it up as there is a layer of gloss over the blemish. Gloss is used nowhere else on the statue but for that area. WTH Sideshow?! So I contact them and am told there are no replacements left. How the $&*# can you not have any replacements left?! This just started shipping out!! They have 6000 regular edition figures. Swap one of those out and send it! So my offer was 15% off and a suggestion of paint to use, or return it. Who would pay even $325 for a statue with a paint chip on her exposed deltoid?! Im no professional painter, but Im pretty sure to touch up the shoulder on skin in an open area will be pretty tough to match. SS really needs to change their ways. To tell someone who ordered a product, and paid them a deposit, over a year ago that they basically have to accept the sup par product or send it back with no option of getting the exclusive, is completely ridiculous!! That's the whole reason I preordered, to get the Exclusive!! Its all a crapshoot I suppose....order an exclusive and hope its perfect, otherwise you don't get it. You get one chance. Great business philosophy. damage pic.jpg

So I just got my wonder woman premier format EX version. Let me start off this with saying she is beautiful she really stand out in a room full with other statues. Not one part of her was broken but the box that has a wonder woman logo on it was filthy dirty like it we drive on the floor I don't know if it supposed to look like this but it just didn't look right. So let's talk about the details. The paint job on my PF is not so good. As we all know they painted on her outfit so's no mixed-media with that problem with the paint job I have is that the bottom part of a costume the blue part the back of it wasn't painted on properly so you can see through the blue you see the color of her actual skin. Another problem is the same clothing but the fun part with the star is in the middle both corners of the top part of the star I'm not painted properly and it looks kind of sloppy. Then the upper part of the clothing on the abdomen area the right part on the sides were her abs are one part is perfectly painted the next part is painted very wide so it kind a looks like our clothing is ripping and I know that there wasn't trying to go for that look. I also have a bad paint job on her shield the blue outlining it's not properly lined up without a gold lining so if you look at it you can see the blue is not properly painted. Then on my shoulder with a spear rest is on the right inside seems like pink fell on it like a different color paint it seems like it's like a silver is gold it's not that noticeable but if you're the person paying for it I guess it is. Overall not too happy with the statue with these problems I really want to know when the woman in my collection and she is breathtaking overall but one problem I'm okay with The problem is when he gets to two problems or three problems that you got us a question is it worth the money yesterday or handcrafted and that is the beauty about it but you still have to have your limits to what you except what you don't except. Maybe it's just me so he are a few photos so you guys can see yourself I also added a few photos of how I will display her if I get a new one from SS.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Back