Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the argument that the forums and fb are only a small minority is flawed (at least in relation to the prevalence of qc issues).

in comparison to other statues released over the past few months from any company, name one that has been more poorly received. A simple tally on this and other sites will show that ww has a disproportionate number of significant issues, whether it is a broken piece, horrible seams, not fitting on the base, or god-awful paint.

apoc and spiderwoman are perfect examples of statues that had nothing but problems from the small sample size on the boards...and what do-you-know, SS had to ask collectors to give them time to re-do them as they ran out of replacements.

Are people more likely to post if they've been wronged? Sure. Do we have greater expectations compared to the average statue collector? Maybe.

However, the majority of problem pics I see posted here don't strike me as "nitpicks". These are definitely areas where QC has failed.

Are we a small percentage of overall buyers of a particular statue or series? I'm sure. Combine all the popular forums and we might be what? 10-20 percent?

Still, I feel our overall review of a statue is a weighty cross-section and less isolated incidents. If several of us are getting statues with ill-fitting pegs, paint rubs and spatter, unaligned decals... then I feel safe saying the non-forum-visiting crowd has the same issues in their sample size.

Are people more likely to post if they've been wronged? Sure. Do we have greater expectations compared to the average statue collector? Maybe.

However, the majority of problem pics I see posted here don't strike me as "nitpicks". These are definitely areas where QC has failed.

Are we a small percentage of overall buyers of a particular statue or series? I'm sure. Combine all the popular forums and we might be what? 10-20 percent?

Still, I feel our overall review of a statue is a weighty cross-section and less isolated incidents. If several of us are getting statues with ill-fitting pegs, paint rubs and spatter, unaligned decals... then I feel safe saying the non-forum-visiting crowd has the same issues in their sample size.

Yup. It is also helpful that people post their finding in qc error. It lets other collector know what to look out for. Nothing wrong with that =)

Yup. It is also helpful that people post their finding in qc error. It lets other collector know what to look out for. Nothing wrong with that =)

This hobby deserves a better class of buyer. And we're gonna give it to them. ;)

the argument that the forums and fb are only a small minority is flawed (at least in relation to the prevalence of qc issues).

in comparison to other statues released over the past few months from any company, name one that has been more poorly received. A simple tally on this and other sites will show that ww has a disproportionate number of significant issues, whether it is a broken piece, horrible seams, not fitting on the base, or god-awful paint.

apoc and spiderwoman are perfect examples of statues that had nothing but problems from the small sample size on the boards...and what do-you-know, SS had to ask collectors to give them time to re-do them as they ran out of replacements.

I am just saying that we tend to be more eagle eyed is all... Hell I am the same way. I will say that I agree with you about sometimes we just have to voice if things are horrible. Spiderwoman is the perfect example. As for naming one statue that was more poorly received I can think of one, but it never got out the door before the issue was caught. That again though was only because the fans lost it.

This hobby deserves a better class of buyer. And we're gonna give it to them. ;)

I still think SSC is one of the premiere companies, and I DO believe that they will do better pieces.

Last edited:
Just cancelled my EX guys so hopefully one of you guys on the WL should convert shortly :) There were a few QC issues that I've seen on a number of these PF's that would warrant a repaint so just not worth the hassle in my opinion....that, along with having to make some cut backs on a few PO's, were the reasons for cancelling :(

Just cancelled my EX guys so hopefully one of you guys on the WL should convert shortly :) There were a few QC issues that I've seen on a number of these PF's that would warrant a repaint so just not worth the hassle in my opinion....that, along with having to make some cut backs on a few PO's, were the reasons for cancelling :(

Huh? Why bro? This is a kind of ex or fail. Not the best but still a good ex. Mine is charging tomorrow! I admit I'm so scare she will come with issues. But then again I've seen some good ones. SS been very helpful lately so at this point I'm still feeling confident I will own a good one. Time to wait on the lottery. I'm feeling good at this point.

Sorry to hear that. I too received a broken hair piece when I got WW and last week I got my replacement hair part and to my surprise, it did not come broken at all. They way the pack it was weird since they wrap it in that bag that is all liquid foam at first and then dries up to sort of shield the piece. I could only get the part out by breaking the foam. Hopefully they can send you another replacement though it may be a while since it took SS almost 3 weeks to get my replacement.

Sorry about late reply, been a bit busy this past week or so. My spare arrived in a box basically just sitting on top of some foam and brown paper on top of it, to be honest I don't think the replacement part I received was packaged that well but that's just my opinion. In the end I have just opted the $65 credit that was offered and I will attempt to repair the damage on the replacement part, if I'm not successful I'm not going to stress to much as the broken part of the hair is fairly minor and not noticeable unless I take her out of the cabinet and really look over it. I will always know it's there but to anyone else looking at her through the cabinet will not see it.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I get charged tomorrow, so I think I'll call Sideshow and ask them to postpone my payment for a week to give me a little while to thinnk it over. I saw this in my local comic shop and I wasn't all that impressed. Although I was looking at it in natural sunlight. Red Sonja was right next to her and Sonja's paint job looked way better.:dunno

Last edited:
Received my reg on Thursday Feb 6th. She looked pretty good but the spear looked a little off:
IMG_2567.jpg

Reached out to Sideshow the next day and got a response Saturday Feb 8th that a new spear would be sent out which I just received today. Replacement spear on top. Don't let the shadows fool ya, the replacement is perfectly straight by my eye and a little bit better painted.
IMG_2566.jpg

Hard to tell w/my crap photo but the original looked like it was broken, epoxied together crooked and repainted:
IMG_2568.jpg

What I find really interesting is how different the banner hanging from the spear is between the two. I can discern no breaks or attempted repairs but they are very different.The replacement spear has a sharp bend in the banner that I see in other examples folks have been posting.

I waited to post the defective piece as I wanted to give Sideshow an opportunity to make right. I'm very satisfied with Sideshow's customer service and responsiveness.

Now my original spear gets to be broken... again.

YMMV,
Nels

I am not processing tomorrow like many of you, but did get notice that Friday is my day. Can't wait to get this bad boy, er, girl.

I got an email indicating tomorrow, but then got another one later indicating Friday.

Back