Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And too many sculpts have been ruined by bad sculpts, far more than those ruined by fabrics. In fact, too many sculpts have been ruined by poor paint applications too, something not quite as possible with fabrics. The weaknesses to both are quite clear, but if we're talking actual evidence I'd bet there are far more instances of quality control issues on the sculpt of the outfit rather than on the fabrics of an outfit.

And too many sculpts have been ruined by bad sculpts, far more than those ruined by fabrics. In fact, too many sculpts have been ruined by poor paint applications too, something not quite as possible with fabrics. The weaknesses to both are quite clear, but if we're talking actual evidence I'd bet there are far more instances of quality control issues on the sculpt of the outfit rather than on the fabrics of an outfit.

I agree. My Baroness Crimson came ruined by a big paint/glue flaw on her face. I have ran out of patience as this was my third PF in a row with issues so I asked for a refund. I hope they get WW painted at the absolute BEST factory. If Tweeterhead and Hot Toys can come out flawless with their pieces, why can't Sideshow? I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they get the paint right. :)

I do hope there is some cloth here - I'm sure the Lasso won't be sculpted.

I prefer a good balance of cloth and paint - a perfect balance would probably be the new Captain America, or the Conan: Rage of the Undying.

Lately I prefer fully sculpted. especially on women. Too many sculpts have been ruined with fabric. If they put a touch of fabric on, like a cape, then that is fine by me. :)

For me Psylocke is my best example. I sold my PF because the comq was superior imo.

For me Psylocke is my best example. I sold my PF because the comq was superior imo.

The comq IS superior. :) As for WW, the lasso being a touch of fabric is perfect or the cloth strap on her shield. Sonja PF is another beautiful example of a nice blend of cloth and sculpt. But... Sideshow needs to leave the female curves sculpted and not covered by bunching-up fabric.

The comq IS superior. :) As for WW, the lasso being a touch of fabric is perfect or the cloth strap on her shield. Sonja PF is another beautiful example of a nice blend of cloth and sculpt. But... Sideshow needs to leave the female curves sculpted and not covered by bunching-up fabric.

:exactly: I think a mixed approach has shown the best results, mostly sculpted with little fabric. What I don't like is when they violently mix it like Harley and Jokers shoes.

:exactly: I think a mixed approach has shown the best results, mostly sculpted with little fabric. What I don't like is when they violently mix it like Harley and Jokers shoes.

Yeah I REALLY disliked how Harley PF turned out. I hope Catwoman is mostly sculpted. Maybe they could make her accessories fabric. Harley looked like a doll to me so I saved some money there :lol I am really impressed with the last two female sculpts Sonja and WW and I hope Sideshow keeps things on this level. They look like art, not like toys with these mostly sculpted pieces.

I owned the EX of that PF, and it arrived with a flawless paint job. I put it away when I moved, and kept it in it's box for a couple months while deciding where I should display it. When I opened it up all the paint on it's legs had cracks in it. I sent it back for a refund, but I was disapointed with the whole situation. I also believe that the comiquette was superior (mostly because of the base and lack of terrible fabric) , but I didn't purchase it because it was 1/5 scale.

Yesterday my niece and her girlfriend were over for Dinner they both work at a Law Firm in SF.My niece is 24 and her friend is 23.I showed them the WW preview.Today she called me and told me both of them immediately got accounts on Sideshow just to be able to PO WW when she comes up.These Women have $ and they are not Statue or Doll collectors at all.Made me think this could possibly be the biggest selling SS piece of all time.

Yesterday my niece and her girlfriend were over for Dinner they both work at a Law Firm in SF.My niece is 24 and her friend is 23.I showed them the WW preview.Today she called me and told me both of them immediately got accounts on Sideshow just to be able to PO WW when she comes up.These Women have $ and they are not Statue or Doll collectors at all.Made me think this could possibly be the biggest selling SS piece of all time.

No offense but :cuckoo: Even Batman hasn't sold out yet lol :peace That being said, she should move a lot of pieces but not as many as Bats or Supes. People get fired up for a bit and then hype fizzles. There is just too much eye candy in life these days whther it be cars, electronics, statues, clothing etc. I do think WW is one of Sideshow's best female sculpts as is Sonja though.

Well this does fall in with what I remember from my days running a comic shop. I had, for the time, a large base of Female customers, more than I saw in most comic shops and I would say 95% of them all bought Wonder Woman and many of them would buy anything related to her I had in stock. Shes a character women tend to gravitate towards. So it wouldn't surprise me if this piece had a strong female customer base.

No offense but :cuckoo: Even Batman hasn't sold out yet lol :peace That being said, she should move a lot of pieces but not as many as Bats or Supes. People get fired up for a bit and then hype fizzles. There is just too much eye candy in life these days whther it be cars, electronics, statues, clothing etc. I do think WW is one of Sideshow's best female sculpts as is Sonja.

The Ex is sold out but the reg is still in stock...I think the same will be said for WW.

:peace

The idea of her outselling Superman and Batman is quite laughable.

I think it could be possible...

Nerd
Small_heart.gif
for Superheroine T&A > Men in tights

:monkey3 :wave

I think it could be possible...

Nerd
Small_heart.gif
for Superheroine T&A > Men in tights

:monkey3 :wave

Um, yeah NO. :lol She's not selling more than Bats Supes or Hulk. Regardless, great sculpt. They did a fantastic job on her. Looking forward to Catwoman next. May she be mostly sculpted and I hope they scrap that weird head-turned-butt-facing-us sculpt on the Catwoman PF or give us an alt headsculpt.

Um, yeah NO. :lol She's not selling more than Bats Supes or Hulk. Regardless, great sculpt. They did a fantastic job on her. Looking forward to Catwoman next. May she be mostly sculpted and I hope they scrap that weird head-turned-butt-facing-us sculpt on the Catwoman PF or give us an alt headsculpt.

I never said she would sell more...I said she could sell more given that this has been a highly desired statue ever since the announcement and that nerds love T&A. :lol

Last edited:
Back