Wonder Woman gets a new costume and direction!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really gotta disagree with everyone saying that WW's old costume is nothing but fanboy sex appeal and that giving her pants or a more covered up outfit better justifies a superhero.

Honestly, one of Wonder Womans defining features is her costume, and not just because of how much skin it shows off or how curvaceous it makes her. It represents a ridiculous side to her, and her cultures, mentality that only a man would look at her with lust or attraction in such a uniform. It's what gives her a fallibility and gives her something to struggle with while living in a new world away from Amazonia.

I just don't get why these fashion analysists can only see the clothing and not the social commentary

I think most folks who read her comic, think of her outfit as amazonian armor to some degree, I mean she really only wears it for cover-up, since she is invunerble these days. Her costume is very iconic and while there have been changes over the years, they have been pretty small ones.

Her outfit can vary between artists, Dodson's run and Lopresti's run both had small changes to them but overall its still recognized as the outfit.

Again though I don't mind the new outfit so much, if the story in entertaining and worth its cost, I'm fine with whatever happens. I think though once this timeline story line is over, you'll see her with something close to what she has worn all these years.

Evan

As much as I detest the new outfit . . . I recollect back in the late 60's to early or possibly mid 70's . . . DC also revamped Wonder Woman in wearing a "mod" outfit for a while . . . along with other alterations before changing her back to her classic/iconic outfit again.

Maybe DC is on the right track by tinkering around with outfit changes for iconic characters. What's next? Superman wearing a very gay outfit . . . same colors and design, but skimpier (i.e. really short shorts with a tank top and cape only)?

:slap

As much as I detest the new outfit . . . I recollect back in the late 60's to early or possibly mid 70's . . . DC also revamped Wonder Woman in wearing a "mod" outfit for a while . . . along with other alterations before changing her back to her classic/iconic outfit again.

178-1.jpg

:horror

Maybe DC is on the right track by tinkering around with outfit changes for iconic characters. What's next? Superman wearing a very gay outfit . . . same colors and design, but skimpier (i.e. really short shorts with a tank top and cape only)?

:slap

:horror :thud: :monkey4

My wife dont like it. Me i think its ok for now what can we do. i know it wont stick tho. which i would like it not to.

Back