Wonder Woman casted ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DekeStarkiller said:
WTF? Faith anyone?
Eliza%20Dushku%20dans%20AlternativePresseMagazine1.jpg

wow.. I'm not sure who she is but she could totally pass for WW in my book... aslong as shes 5'10 or taller and could act...

I wouldn't put any stock into any casting news until it is announced in the trades and confirmed by the Studio.

the problem with most female actresses is that they are all 5'3" and weigh 105 pounds. To be WW, I would imagine a women no smaller than 5'10" and having a little bit of muscle. The only woman I can see this is Lucy Lawless (i know, she's a little older than I would imagine the part). can't have a midget playing WW, that would look dumb.

congerking said:
the problem with most female actresses is that they are all 5'3" and weigh 105 pounds. To be WW, I would imagine a women no smaller than 5'10" and having a little bit of muscle. The only woman I can see this is Lucy Lawless (i know, she's a little older than I would imagine the part). can't have a midget playing WW, that would look dumb.
unless you're rachel bilson of course.

I agree with you guys, Wonder Woman needs to have the physique of an Amazon. I even say that 5'10" is a stretch.
Lucy Lawless seems perfect for the part!! and if not her then bring:

200px-Heidi_Klum_OTTO.jpg

Auf wiedersehen!!!!!

i can't believe any of you guys actually care about this film. is there any chance in hell it will even be watchable? hollywood can't make a good female superhero film. they have a hard enough time making a good male superhero film.

this film will suck, no matter who is cast in it or who directs it or who writes it, cause it's gonna be PG and cheesy. and without sex and violence, a male audience won't go see it.

supergirl, elektra, catwoman, ultraviolet, aeon flux..... wonderwoman :rotfl

the only two decent female heros are trinty and the bride from kill bill. and i don't see wonderwoman being rated "R" and directed by quentin tarintino or the watchowski's.:lol

Last edited:
Okay, I can't believe this thread got three pages along without anyone actually checking Whedon's site. It's obviously a joke. The entry is about how people keep posting fake stories involving Whedon projects, so he lists some "actual" news about his life and work:

Holy Mother of Oats! I turn my back for five minutes (that's how long it takes to admire my lovely back) and the interweb goes banoonoos! Isn't there any ACTUAL news to get wrong? Sorry about all this; it might be best if I just stay off the computer for a while. Or just glut the feed with wild conjecture. Hmm, let's see... I'm me, so... let's glut! Here are some ABSOLUTELY TRUE statements of factiness. Gentlemen, start your websites.

1) Wonder Woman has finally been cast. To no one's surprise, we eschewed all those tired movie and TV personalities and cast the interweb star "Lonelygirl", or whatever her actual name is. Congratulations, whomever!

2) I've got a thirteen episode commitment from the CW, so get ready for the long-awaited "Primative and Cheese Man". She's the first Slayer, he's a meaningless hallucination -- can they put aside their differences long enough to fight crime?

3) "CLEM!" Broadway. The number where he eats Rum Tum Tuggle will make you laugh and cry and throw up in your mouth slightly.

4) I will absolutely, posatively never ever do any kind of Serenity sequel or spinoff unless a studio asks me. Politely. Or meanly, that's cool too.

5) Warren Ellis's beard has a foyer. It's quite nice: shaker furniture, and a cute ceramic umbrella stand.

6) Kelly MacDonald and Gong Li have got to stop fighting over me 'cause who are they embarrassing? Themselves, that's all.

7) I'm tired of me.

Right. Cue chaos. And yes, number seven is more or less true. But my little britjaunt is through (Alexis rocked "All My Sons") and I'm grindstone bound, so I won't be feeding any more rumorsites for a while. There's only one way to stop all this insanity, and that's to produce some actual work for people to write about. So I'll do that.

Three pages?? Its only a half page. I guess your settings are on minimal. As for the other "female" hero movies,
supergirl - poor script
elektra - poor script
catwoman - poor script
ultraviolet - not all that bad
aeon flux - better than most female inspired comic films, even if Theron didn't look exactly like the animated version
wonderwoman - if cast right, this one will come down to the whether the the script is up to par, and Whedon usually delivers. He certainly knows how to work the female hero [Buffy, Faith....]

no love for Julie Strain?

yeah yeah, I know, she's kinda gettin up there now. Butt thats too bad. She's 6'1" :monkey5

JulieStrainCC2.JPG

WWasJulieStrain05.jpg

captain sack said:
i can't believe any of you guys actually care about this film. is there any chance in hell it will even be watchable? hollywood can't make a good female superhero film. they have a hard enough time making a good male superhero film.

this film will suck, no matter who is cast in it or who directs it or who writes it, cause it's gonna be PG and cheesy. and without sex and violence, a male audience won't go see it.

supergirl, elektra, catwoman, ultraviolet, aeon flux..... wonderwoman :rotfl

the only two decent female heros are trinty and the bride from kill bill. and i don't see wonderwoman being rated "R" and directed by quentin tarintino or the watchowski's.:lol

I've actually been a Wonder Woman fan for a long time (the comics, not the TV show). Seeing what Whedon did with River in Serenity, I'm not too worried about how it's going to turn out. He knows how to write strong female characters.

And Serenity was pretty violent for a PG-13 film, but I guess I didn't know that sex and violence was the only thing that would get guys to see a movie with a female hero.

occulum said:
no love for Julie Strain?

yeah yeah, I know, she's kinda gettin up there now. Butt thats too bad. She's 6'1" :monkey5

No thanks. I've seen her "acting". :lol

Elisha wouldn't be all that bad................

But come on, it is a DC movie..........how good can it really be?????:D

Not that Electra was any good................ok it sucked.............but, Catwoman was awesome:)lol :rotfl :lol ), so surely Wonder Woman will be, right???? Oh, and Superman was met with crircal acclaim was it not?????

If it is DC and it isn't Batman with Bale or Keaton..............:sleep

In all reality, this one will probably turn out decent, from what I have read in Astonishing X-Men, Whedon is pretty good at getting to the core of a character............

And Occulum, Julie would be awesome, but Janine would be better..............or actually, Lanny Barbie would be the best.................:D

Mithrandier said:
And Occulum, Julie would be awesome, but Janine would be better..............or actually, Lanny Barbie would be the best.................:D
Humminuh, Humminuh :monkey5

well I figured if theres a good chance its gonna suck anyway, they could get some eye-candy that sucks too. :lol

Julie Strain is as scary looking as Pamela Anderson, hopefully Joss and Universal have better taste. I would have loved Lucy to get the role, but she is much older than they are invisioning the part. Eliza would be great, but she is only around 5'3".

Charisma would have been good too, but she's also too old now.

congerking said:

I have the perfect solution:

rupaul-autograph.jpg

I LOVE that Joss debunking post!!! I'm glad to see Clem get the headlining treatment he deserves. :lol :rotfl :lol

I'm not invested in Wonder Woman in any way as a character (although with Linda Carter helped usher in my puberty:monkey3 ) but I'm sure she is in good hands.

Joss is BOSS!

Back