Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was......difficult to sit through.

During the car chase scene when she saves those kids there's a shot of a stuntwoman with two dummies of the kids strapped to her flopping around after hitting the road that made me laugh so hard I had to pause the movie for a minute.

The few action scenes were pretty poorly edited and had very questionable special effects.

In completely unrelated news, Zack Snyder has just posted on Instagram that his JL Cut has been delayed until Summer 2021 so additional photography featuring Gal Gadot may be incorporated...

Almost as if he's a SSF member and read the comments about WW flying, so he's now going to show her flying. :lol

Ok so if she can fly why was using the lasso during the cheetah fight to jump around? And seriously, she did lasso the wind. I thought it was like Thor throwing his hammer and holding on.

That was......difficult to sit through.

During the car chase scene when she saves those kids there's a shot of a stuntwoman with two dummies of the kids strapped to her flopping around after hitting the road that made me laugh so hard I had to pause the movie for a minute.

The few action scenes were pretty poorly edited and had very questionable special effects.

Holy crap I laughed so much at that road roll that was pure Superman 3-4 grade action lol

She needed a human male without powers to teach her how to fly, this movie is so antifeminist that's it's cringe to know it was directed by a woman.

How did Steve know how to fly a plane almost a century beyond any plane he’s flown before? And drive an armored truck?

How did Steve know how to fly a plane almost a century beyond any plane he?s flown before? And drive an armored truck?

Maybe in a deleted scene Maxwell Lord asked Patty Jenkins what was her greatest wish and that was it? :dunno

So, while watching this movie, am I the only one who got a bad feeling about the Rogue Squadron movie? Hopefully PJ is only directing that one and they bring in some good writers.

She needed a human male without powers to teach her how to fly, this movie is so antifeminist that's it's cringe to know it was directed by a woman.

How so? Wonder woman has powers, but she has always respected the unique contributions that can be made by people that have different skills than her.

Feminist=/= Instantly better than everyone at everything.

Unless you are from the Kathleen Kennedy camp.

Just finished it. All around a giant "meh".

Its biggest problem is that the editing leans into the comedy a lot more heavy handedly than the first film, so what should have been the truly sincere tone carried over from the first film comes across as saccharine and cheesy. Pedro Pascal seems to be onboard with this, who hams it up to 11 in every scene and comes across as a cartoon. The biggest casualty in this tone shift is definitely Steve Trevor; who Chris Pine is clearly playing straight like the last film. But because of the editing tone shift he comes across like a doofus and tool.

Overall this whole thing is a mess that doesn't quite know what it wants to be; and feels awkward and soulless from beginning to end.

Why is it that everyone that usually bashes these films have Marvel Avitars?

How so? Wonder woman has powers, but she has always respected the unique contributions that can be made by people that have different skills than her.

Feminist=/= Instantly better than everyone at everything.

Unless you are from the Kathleen Kennedy camp.

Go google what feminism means ....
And if you watched the movie you would see that Diana is Instantly better than everyone at everything, and Cheetah becomes instantly better than everyone at everything after her wish that is "becoming Diana", that is not the problem, the problem is how Patty choose to portrays the woman characters in a antifeminist way.
Steve is the one who teach her how to unlock her flying skills, don't be dumb, just watch the movie, he again is the one who unlocks her power up, she is still living her life FOR STEVE.

Because it is a crappy film and Marvel is consistently better. But hey, you want to dismiss everything I say because of my avatar and go watch this hot garbage be my guest.

Go google what feminism means ....
And if you watched the movie you would see that Diana is Instantly better than everyone at everything, and Cheetah becomes instantly better than everyone at everything after her wish that is "becoming WM", that is not the problem, the problem is how Patty choose to portrays the woman characters.
Steve is the one who teach her how to unlock her flying skills, don't be dumb, just watch the movie, he again is the one who unlocks her power up, she is still leaving her life FOR STEVE.

Im more than aware of what feminism means, thank you. Steve is a pilot that is instinctively familiar with the physics and intuition involved in flying. Diana isn't. Then Steve talks her through it and she gets the hang of it pretty quickly and is able to apply it to flying herself.

Last edited:
Because it is a crappy film and Marvel is consistently better. But hey, you want to dismiss everything I say because of my avatar and go watch this hot garbage be my guest.

Im more than aware of what feminism means, thank you. Steve is a pilot that is instinctively familiar with the physics and intuition involved in flying. Diana isn't. Then Steve talks her through it and she gets the hang of it pretty quickly and is able to apply it to flying herself.

Right, the guy knows better than her how to fly, yes that totally makes sense. That's the ultimate superhero Mansplaining.

I mean I like the first movie. I think we are just giving honest criticism that this movie is baffling. It reminds me more of Batman and Robin then the first WonderWoman movie.

My wife walked out of the room, saying this was the cheesiest hallmark movie she had ever seen lol. She has less patience for bad superhero movies than me.

Right, the guy knows better than her how to fly, yes that totally makes sense. That's the ultimate superhero Mansplaining.

Please tell me you are making some woke joke.

Why would a woman from a completely isolated island without airplanes, and that has never flown an airplane since she left know how to fly better than one of the US Army's best pilots?

Why would a woman from a completely isolated island without airplanes, and that has never flown an airplane since she left know how to fly better than one of the US Army's best pilots?

She spent 50 years more or less in modern society, she is smart and have several degrees and can learn reading about how to fly a planet just like every pilot has to study to learn that.
She is a ****ing Goddess.
Clark and Tony Stark did not need a US Army's best pilot to teach them how to fly.

I mean why are we even bringing this stuff up. Can't we talk about some of the cheesiest scenes I have seen in a comic book movie in 20 years, or the hallmark scenes squeezed in here that make my mind baffled.

Or the mid-credit scene that explains what the whole movie is....corny corn

I am trying to figure out a film this reminds me of. Maybe the fantastic four movies?

She spent 50 years more or less in modern society, she is smart and have several degrees and can learn reading about how to fly a planet just like every pilot has to study to learn that.
She is a ****ing Goddess.
Clark and Tony Stark did not need a US Army's best pilot to teach them how to fly.

Well yeah, she is certainly capable of putting the work in. But for whatever reason she just hasn't.

Plus flying like Steve does require a certain knack and feel for the controls that goes beyond just route studying. Kind of like how no matter how many hours I practice sports, I will never be able to play professionally. Maybe Diana was just never able to get a feel for it until Steve helped it click. Either way Steve is the better pilot, and your ridiculous insistence that to have it be that way is sexist is laughable.

Back