Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. While I admit I find Marvel films to be of a more consistent quality, the first Wonder Woman is easily in my top 5 Superhero movies.

Which is why it was such a shame for me that this one went such a cartoonishly cheesy route.

The first 2/3 of the first Wonder Woman is great. The last 3rd is like The Incredible Hulk tier. But if Wonder Woman was a marvel movie, it might make my top 10, at least top 15.

After the Snyder cut.

HRlaQcR.gif

:lol :lol

Why didn't she use all of these new powers in BvS and JL :slap

I will admit the opening ( well not really the actual opening for those who seen the film ) scene in the mall was super cheesy because I felt Jenkins did way too much in focusing on the fashion people were wearing . I get it ...yes we know it was the 80’s but my god they went too much overkill showcasing what everyone was wearing ..it looked like a billboard for colorful and bright 80s fashion. And the crooks Miami Vice look c’mon now :lol

Even in the 80s era of the Linda Carter WW show , the people and characters were more subtle and wearing darker , less flashy outfits.

The problem with all these bright colored outfits is it felt like we were looking at a perfect world in the 80s which was not realistic. :slap

Having been around in that era, 80s fashion was bizarre compared to what we wear now, but in everyday life, it only was that colorful and elaborate in movies and tv

How everyone looked in the very first BTTF ( before Marty went back in time) is more like 80’s everyday style was . WW84 looked more like Patty’s vision of what everybody looked like in the 80s:lecture

It sure was bright lol

:exactly: and unrealistic

Even something that was meant to be campy was never so unbelievably unbearable to believe it was real...even for a superhero flick :lol

I mean when they showed Barbara and Diana’s fellow worker’s fashion ..I thought “ you got to be kidding me “

I’m glad it was tone down as the movie went on just enough and toward the end

Last edited:
Kristen looked hot in her 80s yoga outfit though hnng

She said Gal is a hottie oh oh lol

Kristen makes a hot blonde IMO ..she was pretty as nerdy Barbara also IMO .

I can see why she kept the blonde hair now ..just in a short bob style :lol

She has really grown in her acting talent..I still remember the first time I saw her on the ? Joe Shehmo Show ?

God...I?m old :lol

Her flying reminded me a lot of Routh?s Superman flying sequences in SR

Of course she was much more elegant :lol

The flying would?ve looked gorgeous in IMAX for sure

Damn you Corona and theater closures in my area :mad:

How did she get the flying power?

I thought she knew like when she flew up to destroy Ares ..now I’m beginning to think she did it in the heat of the moment when she killed Ares not realizing she did it. Obviously in this, it was always in her but she either couldn’t control it or she just discovered it then in the 80s :dunno

I thought she knew like when she flew up to destroy Ares ..now I’m beginning to think she did it in the heat of the moment when she killed Ares not realizing she did it. Obviously in this, it was always in her but she either couldn’t control it or she just discovered it then in the 80s :dunno

While doing her air jumping she remembers what Pine told her that it's just wind and air catch it and ride it so she did..

So she flew like Buzz Lightyear? :lol

That does look nice and it's about time she could fly, but it doesn't make sense in the timeline because why doesn't she fly later on? Maybe she can't fly and fight, so she only uses her flying to travel, not in combat?

Back